The New National Anthem of the US of A!!

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by elvislives, Nov 5, 2004.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I take it these guys dont aprove of the humanzee

agent smith
  2. Hmmm.

I thought you guys were more humorous than that.

Moronic, at best.

Are the Brits having a tissy over the popular re-election of President Bush?

You know what time it is Pinky?

No Brain. What time is it?

It's time to take over the world Pinky!

3. You mean by fair democratic process by a population on mass who deserve the vote by a means tested intelligence test of course??

If the septics are so worldy powerful and insist on being the worlds police, the rest of the planet should have been allowed the vote. I feel the top attraction of Twycross Zoo would have been given a different result. He wouldnt again be residing in the White House but be picking fleas from his simian life partner and doing a mid day slot shoving a banana up his hoop in front of shell suit wearing grockles.

At least Sadam had at least a basic concept of geography and knew where Poland was. Im sure if GWB was asked where the rest of his home planet was he would reply 'I dont understand the err question'.

Btw, I hear the Republican party of tricks was to install small numbers of polling booths in certain areas so as to ensure not every vote could be polled by the time the booths were closed. Top democracy.

When is Bush going to start burning books?

1Divet, I used to think you were a genderless i know.
  4. How about not insist but asked...all the whinning of us not doing something about Rwanda, Sudan, Liberia, NK, etc...yet condeming us for finishing what the UN didn't and wouldn't. Make up your fecking minds....better yet we'll make it up for you.

:D :D :D :D
  5. Genderless prick?

Flattery will get you no where.

Saddam only knew of his spider hole location. I highly doubt that old boy had a clue as to the dog he was fekking with.

Yes, the popular vote.
    Most of us in this country actually have a few morals to boot.

If we wanted the Euro version of the world in all its splendid rancor, we would have voted for the European fortunate son, as it were. But most of us are smarter than that.

Flushing the Johns is such sweet sorrow. Now we have to get back to the real issue; that of kicking the terrorist arse, where ever it may reside.
    Faluja, I predict, will soon be a distant memory, similar to a hemorrhoid after profuse application of Preparation H.

Sorry to hear about the boys in the Black Watch Regiment. May God rest their souls.
  6. <----- My Avatar says it all! :D :D :twisted:
  7. I got a good laugh out of this:

Electing to Leave the United States? A guide on how to do so.

So the wrong candidate has won ... and you want to leave the country. Let us consider your options:

Renouncing your citizenship

Given how much the United States as a nation professes to value freedom, your freedom to opt out of the nation itself is surprisingly limited. The State Department does not record the annual number of Americans renouncing their citizenship -- "renunciants," as they are officially termed -- but the Internal Revenue Service publishes their names on a quarterly basis in the Federal Register. The IRS's interest in the subject is, of course, purely financial; since 1996, the agency has tracked ex-Americans in the hopes of recouping tax revenue, which in some cases may be owed for up to ten years after a person leaves the country. In any event, the number of renunciants is small. In 2002, for example, the Register recorded only 403 departures, of which many (if not most) were merely longtime resident aliens returning home.

The most serious barrier to renouncing your citizenship is that the State Department, which oversees expatriation, is reluctant to allow citizens to go "stateless." Before allowing expatriation, the department will want you to have obtained citizenship or legal asylum in another country -- usually a complicated and expensive process, if it can be done at all. Would-be renunciants must also prove that they do not intend to live in the United States afterward. Furthermore, you cannot renounce inside U.S. borders; the declaration must be made at a consul's office abroad.

Those who imagine that exile will be easily won would do well to consider the travails of Kenneth Nichols O'Keefe. An ex-Marine who was discharged, according to his website, under "other than honorable conditions," O'Keefe has tried officially to renounce his citizenship twice without success, first in Vancouver and then in the Netherlands. His initial bid was rejected after the State Department concluded that he would return to the United States -- a credible inference, as O'Keefe in fact had returned immediately. After his second attempt, O'Keefe waited seven months with no response before he tried a more sensational approach. He went back to the consulate at The Hague, retrieved his passport, walked outside, and lit it on fire. Seventeen days later, he received a letter from the State Department informing him that he was still an American, because he had not obtained the right to reside elsewhere. He had succeeded only in breaking the law, since mutilating a passport is illegal. It says so right on the passport.

Heading to Canada or Mexico

In your search for alternate citizenship, you might naturally think first of Canada and Mexico. But despite the generous terms of NAFTA, our neighbors to the north and south are, like us, far more interested in the flow of money than of persons. Canada, in particular, is no longer a paradise awaiting American dissidents: whereas in 1970 roughly 20,000 Americans became permanent residents of Canada, that number has dropped over the last decade to an average of just about 5,000. Today it takes an average of twenty-five months to be accepted as a permanent resident, and this is only the first step in what is likely to be a five-year process of becoming a citizen. At that point the gesture of expatriation may already be moot, particularly if a sympathetic political party has since resumed power.

Mexico's citizenship program is equally complicated. Seniors should know that the country does offer a lenient program for retirees, who may essentially stay as long as they want. But you will not be able to work or to vote, and, more important, you must remain an American for at least five years.

Should one candidate win, those who opposed the Iraq war might hope to find refuge in France, where a very select few are allowed to "assimilate" each year. Assimilation is reserved for persons of non-French descent who are able to prove that they are more French than American, having mastered the language as well as the philosophy of the French way of life. Each case is determined on its own merit, and decisions are made by the Ministere de l'Emploi, du Travail, et de la Cohesion Social. When your name is published in the Journal Officiel de la Republique Francais, you are officially a citizen, and may thereafter heckle the United States with authentic Gallic zeal.

The coalition of the willing

Should the other candidate win, war supporters might naturally look to join the coalition of the willing. But you may find a willing and developing nation as difficult to join as an unwilling and developed one. It takes at least five years to become a citizen of Pakistan, for instance, unless one marries into a family, and each applicant for residency in Pakistan is judged on a case-by-case basis. Uzbekistan imposes a five-year wait as well, with an additional twist: the nation does not recognize dual citizenship, and so you will be required to renounce your U.S. citizenship first. Given Uzbekistan's standard of living (low), unemployment (high), and human-rights record (poor), this would be something of a leap of faith.

The Caribbean

A more pleasant solution might be found in the Caribbean. Take, for example, the twin-island nation of St. Kitts and Nevis, which Frommer's guide praises for its "average year-round temperature of 79 degrees F (26 degrees C), low humidity, white-sand beaches, and unspoiled natural beauty." Citizenship in this paradise can be purchased outright. Prices start at around $125,000, which includes a $25,000 application fee and a minimum purchase of $100,000 in bonds. Processing time, which includes checks for criminal records and HIV, can take up to three months, but with luck you could be renouncing by Inauguration Day. The island of Dominica likewise offers a program of "economic citizenship," though it should be noted that Frommer"s describes the beaches as "not worth the effort to get there."

Speed is of the essence, however, because your choice of tropical paradises is fast dwindling: similar passport-vending programs in Belize and Grenada have been shut down since 2001 under pressure from the State Department, which does not approve. In any case, it should be noted that under the aforementioned IRS rules, you might well be forced to continue subsidizing needless invasions -- or, to be evenhanded, needless afterschool programs.

Indian reservations

Our Native American reservations, which enjoy freedom from state taxation and law enforcement, might seem an ideal home for the political exile. But becoming a citizen of a reservation is difficult -- one must prove that one is a descendant of a member of the original tribal base roll -- and moreover would be, as a gesture of political disaffection, largely symbolic. Reservations remain subject to federal law; furthermore, citizens of a reservation hold dual citizenships, and as such are expected to vote in U.S. elections and to live with the results.

The high seas

You might consider moving yourself offshore. At a price of $1.3 million you can purchase an apartment on The World, a residential cruise ship that moves continuously, stopping at ports from Venice to Zanzibar to Palm Beach. Again, however, your expatriation would be only partial: The World flies the flag of the Bahamas, but its homeowners, who hail from all over Europe, Asia, and the United States, retain citizenship in their home nations.

To obtain a similar result more cheaply, you can simply register your own boat under a flag of convenience and float it outside the United States' 230-mile zone of economic control. There, on your Liberian tanker, you will essentially be an extension of that African nation, subject only to its laws, and may imagine yourself free of oppressive government.

The boldest approach is to start a nation of your own. Sadly, these days it is essentially impossible to buy an uninhabited island and declare it a sovereign nation: virtually every rock above the waterline is now under the jurisdiction of one principality or another. But efforts have been made to build nations on man-made structures or on reefs lying just below the waterline. Among the more successful of these is the famous Principality of Sealand, which was founded in 1967 on an abandoned military platform off the coast of Britain. The following year a British judge ruled that the principality lay outside the nation's territorial waters. New citizenships in Sealand, however, are not being granted or sold at present.

A less fortunate attempt was made in 1972, when Michael Oliver, a Nevada businessman, built an island on a reef 260 miles southwest of Tonga. Hiring a dredger, he piled up sand and mud until he had enough landmass to declare independence for his "Republic of Minerva." Unfortunately, the Republic of Minerva was soon invaded by a Tongan force, whose number is said to have included a work detail of prisoners, a brass band, and Tonga's 350-pound king himself. The reef was later officially annexed by the kingdom.

More recently, John J. Prisco III, of the Philippines, has declared himself the prince of the Principality of New Pacific, and announced that he has discovered a suitable atoll in the international waters of the Central Pacific. As of publication, the principality has yet to begin the first phase of construction, but it is already accepting applications for citizenship.

Imaginary nations

Perhaps the most elegant solution is to join a country that exists only in one's own -- or someone else's -- imagination. Many such virtual nations can be found on the Internet, and citizenships in them are easy to acquire. This, in fact, was the route most recently attempted by Kenneth Nichols O'Keefe, the unfortunate ex-Marine. In February 2003, O'Keefe went to Baghdad to serve as a human shield, traveling with a passport issued to him by the "World Service Authority," an outfit based in Washington, D.C., that has dubbed more than 1.2 million people "world citizens." While laying over in Turkey, however, he was detained; Turkey, as it turns out, does not recognize the World Service Authority. O'Keefe was forced to apply for a replacement U.S. passport from the State Department, which rather graciously complied.

Upon his arrival in Baghdad, O'Keefe promptly set the replacement passport on fire. But he remains, to his dismay, an American.

Maybe you could take him. :lol:
  8. 1Divet, do you own a pick up truck and a cache of firearms?? And does Billy Ray Sirus appear on your favourite playlist?? Do you know where Khasikstan is without refering to McDonalds McMap of the world??

Its people like you who impel the evolution of man to remain at the level of your president for the next thousand years. Let me know when you start to walk upright and are able to use your opposable thumbs as designed.

You feckers wouldnt know a terrorist unless it announced itself via one of Boeings finest on short finals to central NY. Harsh but essentially fair.

"Sorry to hear about the boys in the Black Watch Regiment. May God rest their souls."
    Save your patronising hicksville script for the next Hollywood blockbuster, you narrow minded missing link. I hope Bush gives you everthing you deserve.

BTW, how has, the internets version of a fish tank full of sycophantic bottom feeding slack jawed yokels called Cletus welcomed the news of the worlds stupidest man being re elected into office? At least this generations of US Forces and Hollywood have a their version of Vietnam to gob off about. Let me know how youre going to solve the middle east scenario with GWB. It would make interesting reading.

Its lonely at the top.
  9. Sorry to see you upset in this way Fleshy.

I certainly hoped you would have taken it better. Then again, you get your so called news from The Guardian. That rag isn't even worth wiping my arse with.

As to intelligence, you must be recirculating that internet BS about IQ's in reference to President Bush.
    Some day you blokes across the pond will wake up and smell the coffee, or in your case, tea.

No, I don't own a pick up truck.
    I do own a firearm, a shotgun. I hear they are great at close range.
    As to my music taste; I prefer Rock & Roll, always have, and I expect, I always will.

As to "people like me," you don't know me from Adam. Tosser.

My comment on the soldiers from the Black Watch, was heart felt. It pains me to think you thought otherwise.

I spent 20 years in the Army and I think that gives me a clue on that, regardless of the nationality.

As to, the general impression that I have is that most folks, er, "slack jawed yokels" are quite thrilled about recent events. As is about 80% of the military that are currently in Iraq, Afghanistan, or otherwise training for either of the two. Let's not forget Kosovo. My brother is currently training at Fort Lewis, WA for that wonderful Liberal (Clinton) fiasco.

As to events in the Middle East, how long have the Brits been playing with that? Please refresh my memory. Wasn't it in 1917, 20 years after the first Zionist Congress proposed establishing a Jewish homeland in Palestine, Great Britain declared itself in favor of such a plan? The Balfour Declaration "was the product of British strategic thinking." Some thinking on your part.

British rule starting in 1922 was the cat's meow, eh?

Need some more refreshing?
    Arthur James Balfour (1848-1930)
    British Conservative Party leader in the early part of the 20th century. Prime Minister 1902-1905. Foreign Secretary 1916-1919 in wartime cabinet of David Lloyd George. Issued what has come to be known as the Balfour Declaration (Nov. 2, 1917), a letter from him to Baron Rothschild, expressing the support of the British government for the establishment of a Jewish homeland in Palestine.

What have you done for Israel lately?
    As to my solution to the problem, I say give the problem back to the Brits, the know all be all should be able to settle it once and for all.

As to the rest of the Middle East, I say: if you harbor terrorists, or support them in any way, shape, or form, you're next.

The only way to deal with terrorism is to cut it off at the head. When a new head starts to grow, you lop that one off too. Negotiations, aren't going to stop these fanatical morons.

Unlike pussified Europe, the US will take the fight where it belongs; to their house.

I hope you have a great day. I have been having a great week myself, rather giddy after the elections, and all. Us "slack jawed yokels" are having a wonderful time learning what "opposable thumbs" are for.

Do let us know when you've actually learned how to do something with your thumbs, other than stuff them up your arses and sniff the funny odor.
  10. Just a few things: Does that mean that if the Brits had bombed Irish bars in New York on St Patricks day to stop collections for the IRA you'd have supported it ? Or is it only terrorists that attack the US that are bad ?

As to the rest of the ME, you haven't got enough troops to start pushing at the moment. Sure, you can bomb everyone but then you might be unpleasantly surprised by what gets shipped into the US inside an ISO container. If you're daft enough to start picking a fight while your military is mostly busy it will end in tears.

Equally, your notion that Islamic terrorism is performed by entities with a well-defined command structure such that eliminating the command element will cause said terrorism to cease merely indicates your total ignorance of reality. These feckers don't have a head to cut off, they're more like mould than anything else. You need to pay as much attention to the conditions causing them to grow as to cleaning them up. But that doesn't sound good in a soundbite and doesn't promise an easy victory so no US politician is ever going to tell the truth.

Terrorism didn't start on 9/11. The US has funded it's fair share of it in the past - like that chap bin Laden against the USSR, for instance. Or are they freedom fighters when you pay them ? It's not as simple as you'd like to think and if you act as though it is you will continue to be unpleasantly surprised.
  11. As to terrorism.

I am of the opinion that if they are here in the US, they should be dealt with as well.

As to Irish bars in NY supporting the IRA, those that supported it should be held in the same contempt as the Islamofascists of today.
    Terrorism is terrorism, regardless of the race, color, creed, or religion.
    We all know that Britain wouldn't have bombed a NY bar, and we all know that the US won't bomb a British Mosque either.

Timothy McVay comes to mind. Oklahoma City bomber. He was caught, tried, convicted and put to death, as it should be.

I didn't say we would start pushing at the moment. But the writing is on the wall. I believe that the elections here in the US will actually take some of the wind out of the terrorist's sails.

My reference to cutting it off at the head was a metaphore at best.
    I know that terrorists aren't attached to one state, or that they have a standing army to deal with. The point is, if a state harbors and supports this ideology, then they can assume that they are on the list of would be candidates for an arse whooping.

I never said it would be simple. For brevity's sake, I used simple terminology to make the point.
    I don't recall mentioning 9/11. Why do you? You assume that I think terrorism started on 9/11/01. Not even close.

9/11 was the catalyst that started our reaction to the problem, with someone that has the balls to actually treat it as something other than a nuisance.

As to financing terrorism with bin Laden against the Soviets. That actually made sense at the time. Cold War and all. My guess is "freedom fighters" makes for a better "sound bite" to the masses, rather than war by proxy, eh?

Lovely chatting with you all. Have to run for a while. Mom is visisting today.

Have a great day.
  12. Soldier_Why

Soldier_Why LE Moderator

Some people from these parts tend to forget that the creation of the Israeli homeland was mainly down to the Brits. Good comeback 11DV, I think you've finally found the right level for this site.

And you'd probably be quite right actually.

:D :D :lol:
  13. Divet, you really should do the 2300 turn at the local Mecca Bingo hall.

You are a septic so by default are a dung trumpet. Nice to see you quoting history. Best you read the books closer to our time though. Ie Vietnam-How not to win a war.

Is your mum also your sister?
  14. This from the head cum bucket for the AAC. Go find another piss pump to fondle, dullard. :wink: