The new Mustang

What do you think?

First impression, looks very chunky.

I would have thought more attention to the styling (sleeker ) :)

Let me guess what is on the Optional extras list:

Number plate: CHAV 1
Gold chain hanging off rear view mirror.
Little dog in rear window with noddy head.
Little bits of carpet under each wheel. I hate that. You think you get them when you buy the car but when it turns up the little bits of carpet are missing.

polyglory said:
First impression, looks very chunky.

I would have thought more attention to the styling (sleeker ) :)
It does, but I think it may just be the picture and the odd reflections on the car

Here's another

Probably in back with the spare.

Yep the second photo, does it more justice :)

its a less eelegant far more vulgar attempt at a DB8

no cigar..... its minging

i see they've followed the usual american styling and streamlining method
"it's a bit flat at the front and not very fast , and handles like an epileptic covered in fairy liquid"

"er.....well put a bigger goddam engine in it then" :)

Looks like a shit American rip-off of a classic Aston Martin.

Its shite...Endex!

Now thats a motor. Classy, sleek, elegant, quicker than greased weasle sh1t and British!

That new Mustang looks rather like a Mondeo on steroids. Look at the wheel arches and the curve on the cabin roof - no originality there at all. Do they do it with Burberry interior? im sure it would sell well here if they did...

Sorry shortfuse, as usual, you are wrong. Mustangs were never muscle cars, not enough horsepower.

It does remind me of shortfuse: short, fat and ugly as hell. :D

There was an article about it in the Torygraph a couple of weeks ago. Apparently the brakes are a bit rubbish as they use very hard pads, this is because American buyers will take cars back if they see much brake dust on the wheels. Obviously they don't seem to mind not being able to stop.

So Ford Motor Company have re-badged the Aston Martin?

Nothing's sacred any more :cry:

Nope, that's cr@p too. We like cars that will go round bends, not plough straight on into the nearest tree or lamp-post. We also like cars in which the suspension doesn't either make one feel seasick (this is called "comfortable" apparently) or compress one's spine when running over a twig on the road (described as "sporty").
It might have all the grunt in the world but it will still handle like a supertanker compared with a common (Euro Spec - the US ones are awfull) Focus. :lol:

That said it will probably cost as much as a UK Focus, with money to spare to sort out the suspension and brakes. :( :evil: I bet the interior is as cheap and nasty ans that Gremlin though.

Latest Threads