The new Land Rover Defender is go!

Not something farmers would use for work I suspect -

ugly

LE
Never in a million years

Not something farmers would use for work I suspect -

With all those electronics, wonder how many times it will break down.

But JLR has officially moved out of the lower end game anyways, so shouldn't matter..

Guess the new one may not adapted to these roles anymore...

If I wanted a Defender replacement for work, I'd be tempted to look at a 4x4 Iveco Daily/Merc Sprinter, that sort of thing. Surely more reliable, and cheaper.

But JLR has officially moved out of the lower end game anyways, so shouldn't matter..

Better is available

Jankel_FOX_LRPV_Long_Range_Patrol_Vehicle_Tactical_Vehicle_640_001.jpg

Hendrick+Military+Jeep.jpeg

orgASMic

War Hero

LR now totally out of the tactical game. I am quite enjoying my Hilux pick-up for desert bashing. It goes anywhere with barely a whimper and it has air-con.

NemoIII

Old-Salt
No mention of a pick up/ute version? And did he say £40,000+ ?
Seen a deal the other day for a Ford Ranger Wildtrac for £21k ex VAT.

Seems as all the vehicles produced by JLR is overlapping each other, Defender, Discovery and Evoque are pretty much the same starting price. Madness having 3 vehicles fighting for the same small market share.

Seen a deal the other day for a Ford Ranger Wildtrac for £21k ex VAT.

Seems as all the vehicles produced by JLR is overlapping each other, Defender, Discovery and Evoque are pretty much the same starting price. Madness having 3 vehicles fighting for the same small market share.

The new Defender seems to be aimed at Evoque drivers who want to park on a grass verge.

Last edited:
Its like a half hearted Land Cruiser
Not sure sure, Toyota seem to have seen the light re serious off-roading and split their 4x4 fleets in to plush mall crawlers/weekend sand dune playing in the Series 200 V8 and the re-booted FJ70 made under turkish licence.
peak.
That's also the basis the the al-thalab warry looking thing

I suspect JLR arn't even interested in Mil contracts. Are they even going to do a Canvas roofed version.? I'd guess not.
A Jeep Wrangler actually comes with a removable top, doors and windshield. From the factory. Comes in diesel, a 4 cylinder and a Pentastar V6 (which BTW is darn good).

Latest Threads