THE NEW HARRY POTTER - DOES ANYONE GIVE A TOSS??

Discussion in 'Films, Music and All Things Artsy' started by chimera, Jul 15, 2005.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. chimera

chimera LE Moderator

Just curious???

2. The Walts will. now wait for this thread to reach the 1000 mark as the Walts go on the defensive. LOL

3. I know loads of people (including more than one 'rufty-tufty' ARRSE blerk! :wink: ) who've pre-ordered this. I've not ordered it, but want to pick up a copy as soon as I can. I'm also really looking forward to the next film!

4. I don't but I know of two saddo's queuing up for books tonight while I'm getting sh1t faced, ogling women and talking sh1t, again.

5. Not really, but I know a lot of people who will be.

6. Yes, I do. So does my misis and several of my friends. JKR writes a pretty good yarn, in my opinion.

7. From BBCi and I'd have to agree:

The BBC's Robert Winder explains what he hates about Harry Potter, but accepts the challenge to read Half-Blood Prince when it is published to see if the boy wizard can work his charm.

8. Someone lent me a Harry Potter DVD recently, and assured me that it was the greatest cinematic experience since Citizen Kane. I sat down to watch it, but after ten minutes I could feel the will to live seeping out of my body. Luckily, I managed to switch it off before succumbing to the desire to asphixiate myself by jamming the remote down my throat.

Conclusion: Duller than a a dull day in Dullsville.

9. lol I love the HP books and films :D not enough to buy the book at its midnight release, but will probs get it tomorrow when I go to Tesco.

Easier to understand where HP is coming from than Lord of the Rings :? that golum/smeigal thing is just psychotic 8O summat not right there!

Vik xx

10. Does reading teach you how to cut and paste?

11. Exactly Oracle. So, do you agree or disagree with that cut-and-pasted wisdom Lawstudent? Not clear from your post. And that was a rhetorical question....

12. Well Mr Rhetorical, if that really is your name, I think you're being a meanziod!

Cut and paste will see LS through many an assignment in her degree course as it did us all..... 8O

Beebs

13. How about another question - does reading give you an increased ability to form original thought? [​IMG]

14. Beebs, you've changed... 8O

15. Hold on until she Googles original thought...........

Beebs