The new DPM?

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by ptisarepondlife, Dec 19, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Read the threads 'PECOC' and 'Multicam'.. the new camo is explained there.
  2. [​IMG]

Good picture!
  3. "Earlier today, unattributed information found its way to a popular military message board detailing plans to begin issuing this new pattern initially to troops on Op Herrick early next Spring and ultimately in 2011 to the entire military. "
  4. spike7451

spike7451 RIP

We dont have enough money to fight in f*cking afghanistan so where the f*ck do you thing they're going to get the reddies for this!?
  5. That would be Mil photos not ARRSE, sadly. Though did pick it up from the stuff mentioned here.
  6. And the Yank's comment about this crap is?
    Oh and where's it made??????
  7. BBC news article on the new camo

Looks pretty good as a field garment, but will it look gash with TRFs, Brigade flashes and stable belts? This lad says probably yes.

But then again I like DPM.

But this also means no one will get to wear their favorite trops and windproof, and all kit will have to be issued until companies get their hands on the material to make their own bits of kit. Lovely...

EDIT: Unless HM forces allows people to buy multicam stuff, like the Recce smock mentioned in the Soldier Systems articles.
  8. in_the_cheapseats

in_the_cheapseats LE Moderator

I am rather hoping that HMG has has enough sense that this pattern is algorithmically manufactured. Doing that allows commercial companies to pay for that and then sell on to the Army. If the Army decides to try and keep this "in house" then it will be a looooong time before you see "civilian" manufactured kit able to be integrated to issue.
  9. Well according to Strike - Hold! (I'm pretty bored today, in case you hadn't noticed) the pattern will be patented to UKMOD in the EU (With a US company holding the US manufacturing patent), so any company wishing to manufacture MTP clothing or gear will have to purchase a license to do so from the MoD.

I guess that means we might see an end to the really dodgy gear on offer from some of the manufacturers, assuming the MoD has scruples and won't just give a license to anyone for the money... hah!
  10. That'll look good on the Chav Soljerz.

11. I like the young booty, he looks absolutely threaders, the lt col looks a tad over enthusiastic and gay and the young soldier at the end, in the dessies looks positively scared!
  12. It will have to be phased in...................just hope that recognition will be taught long in advance !
  13. So, are they going to save some money by shitcanning the reintroduction of day-to-day wearing of barrack dress and bringing this in instead?

I doubt it, because that would make sense.

Incidentally I think the new DPM looks pretty good.