The new DPM?

#4
"Earlier today, unattributed information found its way to a popular military message board detailing plans to begin issuing this new pattern initially to troops on Op Herrick early next Spring and ultimately in 2011 to the entire military. "
 
#5
We dont have enough money to fight in f*cking afghanistan so where the f*ck do you thing they're going to get the reddies for this!?
 
#6
Bravo_Bravo said:
"Earlier today, unattributed information found its way to a popular military message board detailing plans to begin issuing this new pattern initially to troops on Op Herrick early next Spring and ultimately in 2011 to the entire military. "
That would be Mil photos not ARRSE, sadly. Though MP.net did pick it up from the stuff mentioned here.
 
#7
And the Yank's comment about this crap is?
Oh and where's it made??????
 
#8
BBC news article on the new camo

Looks pretty good as a field garment, but will it look gash with TRFs, Brigade flashes and stable belts? This lad says probably yes.

But then again I like DPM.

But this also means no one will get to wear their favorite trops and windproof, and all kit will have to be issued until companies get their hands on the material to make their own bits of kit. Lovely...

EDIT: Unless HM forces allows people to buy multicam stuff, like the Recce smock mentioned in the Soldier Systems articles.
 
#9
Smelly_Tiger said:
BBC news article on the new camo

Looks pretty good as a field garment, but will it look gash with TRFs, Brigade flashes and stable belts? This lad says probably yes.

But then again I like DPM.

But this also means no one will get to wear their favorite trops and windproof, and all kit will have to be issued until companies get their hands on the material to make their own bits of kit. Lovely...

EDIT: Unless HM forces allows people to buy multicam stuff, like the Recce smock mentioned in the Soldier Systems articles.
I am rather hoping that HMG has has enough sense that this pattern is algorithmically manufactured. Doing that allows commercial companies to pay for that and then sell on to the Army. If the Army decides to try and keep this "in house" then it will be a looooong time before you see "civilian" manufactured kit able to be integrated to issue.
 
#10
in_the_cheapseats said:
I am rather hoping that HMG has has enough sense that this pattern is algorithmically manufactured. Doing that allows commercial companies to pay for that and then sell on to the Army. If the Army decides to try and keep this "in house" then it will be a looooong time before you see "civilian" manufactured kit able to be integrated to issue.
Well according to Strike - Hold! (I'm pretty bored today, in case you hadn't noticed) the pattern will be patented to UKMOD in the EU (With a US company holding the US manufacturing patent), so any company wishing to manufacture MTP clothing or gear will have to purchase a license to do so from the MoD.

I guess that means we might see an end to the really dodgy gear on offer from some of the manufacturers, assuming the MoD has scruples and won't just give a license to anyone for the money... hah!
 
#13
in_the_cheapseats said:
Smelly_Tiger said:
BBC news article on the new camo

Looks pretty good as a field garment, but will it look gash with TRFs, Brigade flashes and stable belts? This lad says probably yes.

But then again I like DPM.

But this also means no one will get to wear their favorite trops and windproof, and all kit will have to be issued until companies get their hands on the material to make their own bits of kit. Lovely...

EDIT: Unless HM forces allows people to buy multicam stuff, like the Recce smock mentioned in the Soldier Systems articles.
I am rather hoping that HMG has has enough sense that this pattern is algorithmically manufactured. Doing that allows commercial companies to pay for that and then sell on to the Army. If the Army decides to try and keep this "in house" then it will be a looooong time before you see "civilian" manufactured kit able to be integrated to issue.

I like the young booty, he looks absolutely threaders, the lt col looks a tad over enthusiastic and gay and the young soldier at the end, in the dessies looks positively scared!
 
#15
So, are they going to save some money by shitcanning the reintroduction of day-to-day wearing of barrack dress and bringing this in instead?

I doubt it, because that would make sense.

Incidentally I think the new DPM looks pretty good.
 
#17
gunnerfalkey said:
in_the_cheapseats said:
Smelly_Tiger said:
BBC news article on the new camo

Looks pretty good as a field garment, but will it look gash with TRFs, Brigade flashes and stable belts? This lad says probably yes.

But then again I like DPM.

But this also means no one will get to wear their favorite trops and windproof, and all kit will have to be issued until companies get their hands on the material to make their own bits of kit. Lovely...

EDIT: Unless HM forces allows people to buy multicam stuff, like the Recce smock mentioned in the Soldier Systems articles.
I am rather hoping that HMG has has enough sense that this pattern is algorithmically manufactured. Doing that allows commercial companies to pay for that and then sell on to the Army. If the Army decides to try and keep this "in house" then it will be a looooong time before you see "civilian" manufactured kit able to be integrated to issue.

I like the young booty, he looks absolutely threaders, the lt col looks a tad over enthusiastic and gay and the young soldier at the end, in the dessies looks positively scared!
Toby Evans is a good man and dead keen on doing/getting good stuff for dismounted troops. Don't knock him - I know he works hard on their behalf.

Be pleased he is enthusiastic in his work.
 
#18
" lt col looks a tad over enthusiastic and gay "

The word you are looking for is "dashing".
 
#20
Is this really, really necessary? Or - as I strongly suspect - Someone's Great Idea... and you're having it. So all that perfectly good temperate/arctic/tropical/desert DPM stock on the shelves is redundant in a one-er? Who are we going to sell all that surplus kit to... the Iranians?
 

Similar threads

New Posts

Latest Threads

Top