• UK

• Russia/Russian Federation

• China

• North Korea

• Random Middle East Threat

• EU

• Other

Results are only viewable after voting.
Thing is Democracy is by and large an illusion, you can't run a country on 5 year policies and a lot of the decisions are made years in advance, this is why there are so many policy u-turns..the real Government in the UK is the senior civil serpents they make the policies and are the stable power behind the chaos of an elected Government.

Thing is Democracy is by and large an illusion, you can't run a country on 5 year policies and a lot of the decisions are made years in advance, this is why there are so many policy u-turns..the real Government in the UK is the senior civil serpents they make the policies and are the stable power behind the chaos of an elected Government.
Stop questioning Government employees, you only make it harder for me to write State policy that dictates certain aspects of your life!

Do you really think that that’s the way it works in the UK? Really? You’re absolutely right about democracy being an illusion, but not for the reasons you stated.

If the UK were really a genuine democracy, you’d get folks voting for across-the-board improvements that would benefit society and the population as a whole. Silly things like affordable housing, a properly funded NHS, a better education system, a liveable wage and all sorts of other stuff that the privileged classes have no intention of ever granting. They like the idea of “the plebs” having to pay 50, 60 or 70 percent of their wages to keep a roof over their heads. It gives them a sense of superiority. They like the idea of keeping wages to a bare minimum, while complaining that “the workers” are only after something for nothing. Of course, they also insist on “managers” and board members getting milligans of quids so that they have an “incentive to work” – which principle, for some very strange reason, is somehow simply not applicable to normal working folks. I wonder why. Just imagine if normal folks were allowed to participate in decisions directly affecting their own futures. That would put paid to the privileged classes’ “natural entitlement” to as much as they can grab. Can’t have that, can we?

The senior civil servants may “run the country”, as you state, but they’re not the ones calling the shots. As always, that would be the landed aristocracy (gentry), the large corporations and the banks. Which neatly explains why weapons companies have their own employees working at the MoD, why companies like KPMG and PwC have their own folks “helping” the gobment to formulate tax regulations. In fact, just about every UK gobment department is rotten with “volunteers” representing vested and/or corporate interests. Folks are very fond of pointing out that African or South American nations, among others, are corrupt. In truth, they’re probably no more corrupt than the unethical, immoral, dishonest, unprincipled, mendacious folks both actually running the UK (the politicians and civil servants) and their bosses.

Every human born on this planet has, in principle, an equal and natural right to the fruits of the earth. But that’s not at all how it works, is it? Have you ever wondered why?

MsG

If the UK were really a genuine democracy, you’d get folks voting for across-the-board improvements that would benefit society and the population as a whole. Silly things like affordable housing, a properly funded NHS, a better education system, a liveable wage and all sorts of other stuff that the privileged classes have no intention of ever granting.
Rather than voting for whoever they think will improve their personal circumstances & to Hell with everyone else?

I think you'll find such idealism is largely found in the young & yet to become worldly-wise...

...& pigeon shouters.

Well the tolerance is strong on ARRSE...
Don't believe Cold_Ricker about every US website allegedly banning me. You'll notice that he's careful to avoid providing any proof of his statement.

First off, he's still extremely miffed because I rejected his clumsy advances. You know how sensitive redneck-retard Septics can be about the ghey and "coming out". Secondly, a lot of Septic websites are inhabited by ghouls like your man Cold_Ricker and they're just as uninspiring as he is, with questions like: "When did Donald Ford invent the car?" being the depressing norm. Don't even bother using words of more than two syllables.

The good news? Septics have finally discovered chip butties. The bad news? They're now claiming that they invented the idea.

MsG

If the UK were really a genuine democracy, you’d get folks voting for across-the-board improvements that would benefit society and the population as a whole. Silly things like affordable housing, a properly funded NHS, a better education system, a liveable wage and all sorts of other stuff that the privileged classes have no intention of ever granting.
Yep, nothing in either of these manifestos about any of that.
At-a-glance guide: Conservative manifesto
At-a-glance guide: Labour manifesto

You've started early today Bugsy, is it foodbank bingo tonight?

Don't believe Cold_Ricker about every US website allegedly banning me. You'll notice that he's careful to avoid providing any proof of his statement.

First off, he's still extremely miffed because I rejected his clumsy advances. You know how sensitive redneck-retard Septics can be about the ghey and "coming out". Secondly, a lot of Septic websites are inhabited by ghouls like your man Cold_Ricker and they're just as uninspiring as he is, with questions like: "When did Donald Ford invent the car?" being the depressing norm. Don't even bother using words of more than two syllables.

The good news? Septics have finally discovered chip butties. The bad news? They're now claiming that they invented the idea.

MsG

Oh I am sure NAMBLA will still keep you....

You can keep buttie, I will take the Rhino Burger over that any day,

mysite

Rhino Burger
This burger is not for the faint of heart! This already large 1/2lb patty is topped with Italian sausage, bacon, grilled onions and fried bottle-cap jalapenos, drizzled with Chipotle Sweet-Heat, under melty Pepper Jack Cheese and crowned with a fried egg, over-easy.
$16

Bring Tums, lots of tums.

Can you show me on the doll where the big American builder touched you?

https://www.arrse.co.uk/community/threads/how-to-carry-bricks-when-youve-no-hod.98517/

You should be a bit careful with your supercilious assumptions, for I have worked on building sites; and not only in Ireland, but also in Germany, Italy and America. I also "ran the hod" all day (although in Italy, you strap it to your back), and my little "party trick" was going straight up to the third and fourth floor via the scaffolding poles and balancing the hod on me shoulder. Mind you, you can only do that safely if you're a trained gymnast (as I am).

https://www.arrse.co.uk/community/threads/how-to-carry-bricks-when-youve-no-hod.98517/

You should be a bit careful with your supercilious assumptions, for I have worked on building sites; and not only in Ireland, but also in Germany, Italy and America. I also "ran the hod" all day (although in Italy, you strap it to your back), and my little "party trick" was going straight up to the third and fourth floor via the scaffolding poles and balancing the hod on me shoulder. Mind you, you can only do that safely if you're a trained gymnast (as I am).
Trained Gymnast (His professional name was Olga Korbut)
Para
Boxer of repute
Internationally known and loved Translator
Pioneering Human-Pigeon transspecies civil rights icon

Is there anything Bugs cant do? (Except save his family getting slotted over and over by the British Army?)

envy Meaning in the Cambridge English Dictionary
envy verb [ T ]

uk /ˈen.vi/ us /ˈen.vi/

B2 to wish that you had something that another person has:

I envy her ability to talk to people she's never met before.
[ + two objects ] I don't envy you the job of cooking for all those people.

More examples
- Some of his colleagues envy the enormous wealth that he has amassed.
- Her luxurious lifestyle and personal ostentation were both hated and envied.
- I don't envy him his heavy workload.
- The man in the story starts to envy his friend's single lifestyle.
- She had always envied her sister's thick glossy hair and long willowy legs.

It's the usual ARRSE vermin "affliction", innit, Murphy's_Whore?:p:p:p

MsG