• North Korea

• Random Middle East Threat

• EU

• Other

Results are only viewable after voting.

Legs

ADC
Book Reviewer
The UN Secretary General has today stated that the Cold War is back. "The Cold War is back with a vengeance, but with a difference," he said. "The mechanisms and the safeguards to manage the risks of escalation that existed in the past no longer seem to be present." UN chief says Cold War is back

30 years ago the Cold War was, in some ways, comforting. We knew who the bad guys were, we knew where they were and we knew what they were doing. There was an openness about it. They watched us, we watched them.

These days I don't think we know where the biggest threat lays. Is it Russia? China? North Korea? Any number of Middle East groups or coalitions?

My question is, if the New Cold War becomes hot, who is the most dangerous player? Who will fire the first shot?

The Isle of Man

Legoland need watching too...

I've stood on Lego barefoot...

hotel_california

LE
Book Reviewer
I miss the old cold war. I miss days on end stinking like a tramp in my wafer thin NBC suit.

DaManBugs

On ROPS
On ROPs
Book Reviewer
Without doubt, the Septics are by far the most dangerous nation and have been since the end of WWII. In fact, it was they who pushed the original Cold War, and all the rest of the wars they've somehhow contrived to lose. Now that the Chinese (and the Russians) have initiated the downfall of the petro-dollar, it's only a matter of time until the Septics start lashing out at all the nations that will gradually take part. I foresee that in about a twelve-month, Saudi Arabia will no longer be regarded as a "friendly" country. We live in interesting times.

MsG

hotel_california

LE
Book Reviewer
Without doubt, the Septics are by far the most dangerous nation and have been since the end of WWII. In fact, it was they who pushed the original Cold War, and all the rest of the wars they've somehhow contrived to lose. Now that the Chinese (and the Russians) have initiated the downfall of the petro-dollar, it's only a matter of time until the Septics start lashing out at all the nations that will gradually take part. I foresee that in about a twelve-month, Saudi Arabia will no longer be regarded as a "friendly" country. We live in interesting times.

MsG
What about the cod wars?

MsG
Bollocks.

DaManBugs

On ROPS
On ROPs
Book Reviewer
My, my, what a very erudite and measured response. I was particularly impressed by your sophisticated counter-arguments. You should be a Tory politician.:smile::smile::smile:

MsG

MsG
What about....The South Ossetia War ......East Prigorodny Conflict.......War of Transnistria .....
First Chechen War
Shall I go on?

My, my, what a very erudite and measured response. I was particularly impressed by your sophisticated counter-arguments. You should be a Tory politician.:smile::smile::smile:

MsG
It’s not worth arguing with lefty anti US conspiraloons.

‘Woke AF’ as they breathlessly gulp down anything they can read on the Canary or Skwaakbox.

All orchestrated by the British Secret Service.

We are desperate for war because our military is in such good nick, or oil or something.
Have you noticed that just before all them conflicts that shares in Bacofoil went through the roof?

DaManBugs

On ROPS
On ROPs
Book Reviewer
It’s not worth arguing with lefty anti US conspiraloons.

‘Woke AF’ as they breathlessly gulp down anything they can read on the Canary or Skwaakbox.
Ah, I see. Is that because you've no arguments to present? I know it makes it easier for someone of your simplistic mindset, but I'm far from "anti-US". What I deplore is the US foreign policy and how it's applied.

I'm sure that last sentence means something, at least to you. However, your spelling isn't too bad.:mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen:

MsG

Ah, I see. Is that because you've no arguments to present? I know it makes it easier for someone of your simplistic mindset, but I'm far from "anti-US". What I deplore is the US foreign policy and how it's applied.

I'm sure that last sentence means something, at least to you. However, your spelling isn't too bad.:mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen:

MsG
I put forward a very good argument. We all know as to why you failed to counter it.

MsG
I’ve heard that hundreds of times. ‘I just hate the US foreign policy’ ‘Russia is threatened by NATO’ ‘I need the intelligence services to provide me with evidence’

Always the same from halfwits

DaManBugs

On ROPS
On ROPs
Book Reviewer
I’ve heard that hundreds of times. ‘I just hate the US foreign policy’ ‘Russia is threatened by NATO’ ‘I need the intelligence services to provide me with evidence’

Always the same from halfwits
Interesting. Is that why you're working in collusion with your best mate so that you're a "full-wit"?

MsG