The new Cold War pt2 (China)

Only in your mind, mine is open and free from the communists.
Does that mean you agree "The evidence so far indicates..." is in no way inconsistent with, "The origin has not been conclusively identified" in the world of science?

Phew! You had me worried for a moment.

Does that mean you agree "The evidence so far indicates..." is in no way inconsistent with, "The origin has not been conclusively identified" in the world of science?

Phew! You had me worried for a moment.
Nobody knows where it came from yet, the Chinese weren't exactly fully accommodating of the WHO investigation. Like I said, free and open mind.

The "great and good" of western politics and global businesses and their vapid left-leaning supporters are insistent that there is no evidence the virus came from China.

The rest of the world without a vote or a sale to protect know different.

Oh, it probably wasn't man made in China, but it certainly evolved in China due to the squalid conditions the filthy scum fester in day after day, and the Chinese government allowed it to happen, and to spread.

Would the world actually miss them if the people who live in China simply disappeared from the face of the Earth?

The "great and good" of western politics and global businesses and their vapid left-leaning supporters are insistent that there is no evidence the virus came from China.

Oh, it probably wasn't man made in China, but it certainly evolved in China due to the squalid conditions the filthy scum fester in day after day, and the Chinese government allowed it to happen, and to spread.

Would the world actually miss them if the people who live in China simply disappeared from the face of the Earth?
I read an article a while back, basically saying the Chinese didn't alert the world earlier, because their virus scientist bods were busy trying to reverse engineer the 12 mutations on it back to how it was when they farmed the virus from caves somewhere in China. Horseshoe bats, according to that article.

Nobody knows where it came from yet, the Chinese weren't exactly fully accommodating of the WHO investigation. Like I said, free and open mind.
I suspect it was an accidental leak from the lab, but we may never know the full truth.

On one level, it doesn't really matter whether the virus was a natural mutation that crossed species, an accidental leak of an genetically engineered virus, or a deliberate act of biological warfare. China's perceived lack of openness, and appalling wolf diplomacy is working against them. COVID-19 has shattered China's world standing and alerted a complacent Western public to the threat they pose. State policies are changing and countries are working in unison to stand up to Beijing. Ironically, the virus may hurt China more in the long term than it does the West.

I suspect it was an accidental leak from the lab, but we may never know the full truth.

On one level, it doesn't really matter whether the virus was a natural mutation that crossed species, an accidental leak of an genetically engineered virus, or a deliberate act of biological warfare. China's perceived lack of openness, and appalling wolf diplomacy is working against them. COVID-19 has shattered China's world standing and alerted a complacent Western public to the threat they pose. State policies are changing and countries are working in unison to stand up to Beijing. Ironically, the virus may hurt China more in the long term than it does the West.
In my lifetime, I've not known the world as unstable as what it is now. Interesting times.

That's possibly the most blatantly racist comment I've seen on Arrse.
You want to see an entire nation, made up of diverse peoples and religions, all disappear because you disbelieve something on the telly?
Get a grip, man.
Firstly, if any nation had the wit to discover, investigate, manipulate, test and let loose a bio agent, it's unlikely to begin in its own territory.
Secondly covid has yet to be shown to prefer one genetic type over another, it just likes crowds.
Thirdly the WHO couldn't find fault, but you disagree, so who else do you want to send?

The overwhelming consensus is that the virus originated in China.

Well, more than they'd miss you at any rate.

That's possibly the most blatantly racist comment I've seen on Arrse.
You want to see an entire nation, made up of diverse peoples and religions, all disappear because you disbelieve something on the telly?
Get a grip, man.
Firstly, if any nation had the wit to discover, investigate, manipulate, test and let loose a bio agent, it's unlikely to begin in its own territory.
Secondly covid has yet to be shown to prefer one genetic type over another, it just likes crowds.
Thirdly the WHO couldn't find fault, but you disagree, so who else do you want to send?
The WHO were denied full access and access to early data so I believe.

Oh, and all the whistle-blowers seemed to disappear.

*Swallows tea the wrong way*

Is anyone who refuses to jump on an unevidenced bandwagon, "in the pay of the CCP"? They'll be on their uppers.
Facts:-
The CCP and China is a fascist state and the west has being appeasing them.
The Flu came from Wuhan.
China lies about everything and anyone who believes anything from the CCP, is by inference a peddler of lies.

China has being winning, because they've worked out the west has become increasingly corrupt and amoral (particularly in europe) and we've done to ourselves the worst of harm, by an increasing lurch to authoritarianism. where the debate is intentionally framed in such a way to control people's thoughts and stop them seeking the truth.

In my lifetime, I've not known the world as unstable as what it is now. Interesting times.
1983: Able Archer.

1962: Cuban missile crisis.

One or two other little-known dates that cause politicians and generals to shudder when they recollect.

Nobody knows where it came from yet,
We do know where it transferred to people, though. Wuhan in the PRC. That's the point that matters in the global pandemic.

The evidence points to a an attempted cover up by the authorities in Wuhan and a confused response from the state government as they struggled to find out exactly what they were dealing with.

That would be consistent with what happened in other earlier crises and has probably been exacerbated by the pall of fear left amongst cadres by the anti-corruption campaign.

That anything about the international effects was deliberate, there's a lot of supposition, paranoia and visceral hatred - perhaps even in some cases a smidgen of racism - but no evidence. None whatsoever.

1983: Able Archer.

1962: Cuban missile crisis.

One or two other little-known dates that cause politicians and generals to shudder when they recollect.
83 still at school, Cuba was before my time. Obviously read about them, documentaries etc.

I just have the feeling that it's been unstable for a good few years now, what with all the carry on with China, N. Korea, Russia etc. Relations are very low, whereas the two things you mention were more sudden events out of the blue, whereas now there is a lot of tension over a prolonged period of time.

Facts:-
The CCP and China is a fascist state and the west has being appeasing them.
The Flu came from Wuhan.
China lies about everything and anyone who believes anything from the CCP, is by inference a peddler of lies.
Balls.

You're dressing your opinions up as if they were fact when they're the worst sort of ill informed twaddle, then building on that foundation of quicksand.

We do know where it transferred to people, though. Wuhan in the PRC. That's the point that matters in the global pandemic.

The evidence points to a an attempted cover up by the authorities in Wuhan and a confused response from the state government as they struggled to find out exactly what they were dealing with.

That would be consistent with what happened in other earlier crises and has probably been exacerbated by the pall of fear left amongst cadres by the anti-corruption campaign.
"Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity".

COVID-19 might yet come to be seen as the Chinese Chernobyl.

That anything about the international effects was deliberate, there's a lot of supposition, paranoia and visceral hatred - perhaps even in some cases a smidgen of racism - but no evidence. None whatsoever.
There's two sides to every argument though, besides, the corona is only one of a number of issues with China, there's a whole host.

Balls.

You're dressing your opinions up as if they were fact when they're the worst sort of ill informed twaddle, then building on that foundation of quicksand.
The CCP and China is a fascist state and the west has being appeasing them:-
The Chinese occupation of Tibet was a precursor to Xinjang and Taiwan can look forward to that for its future, if it was ever foolish enough to compromise its security for the sake of peace. The NKVD, or Gestapo would certainly agree with you, that there is nothing to see here and move along.

The Flu came from Wuhan:-
That is an absolute fact and you accepted it when you suggested the local government covered things up.

China lies about everything and anyone who believes anything from the CCP, is by inference a peddler of lies:-
The totalitarian state is a totality of lies and suppressed truth. So the peddlers of the lies are useful idiots at best.

83 still at school, Cuba was before my time. Obviously read about them, documentaries etc.

I just have the feeling that it's been unstable for a good few years now, what with all the carry on with China, N. Korea, Russia etc. Relations are very low, whereas the two things you mention were more sudden events out of the blue, whereas now there is a lot of tension over a prolonged period of time.
I'd be hard pressed to think of many periods in history when the world was stable. Pax Britannica maybe.

Able Archer and the Cuban Crisis weren't sudden events out of the blue, they were particularly tense moments during a 40 year nuclear and conventional standoff. Add to them the Korean War when General MacArthur wanted to go nuclear.

There's two sides to every argument though
Generally one which is based on facts, evidence and reason; and one based on supposition, presumption and ignorance.