The new Cold War pt2 (China)

Bardeyai

Old-Salt
Not really, it was the USN's response to the foundation of the PRC.

Interestingly, nobody had any problems with the Nine-Dash Line when it was the Ten-Dash Line and our allies the ROC came up with it.
That is interesting. As I recall it I was told that the 9 Dash line was first promulgated in a KMT children’s school atlas in @ 1948 so no, no one paid it much attention at the time because the nationalists were in the process of being driven from the mainland.
It was the best part of 25 years ago but it was the FCO telling me.

happyuk

War Hero
They don't show any desire as yet to stamp round the world enforcing their will with high explosive, which for my money makes them less destructive overall than the 'good guys' have been these last 30 years.

They don't but that was never their style. They dominate through urbanization.
As in bury African and other countries in massive amounts of debt (masquerading as aid) through infrastructure projects which they may well not be able to afford. Some analysts have called this a new form of colonialism.

Chinese loans leave developing countries with $385 billion in hidden debts, study says

As in bury African and other countries in massive amounts of debt (masquerading as aid) through infrastructure projects which they may well not be able to afford. Some
Those analysts seem ignorant of the fact that the majority of external debt owed by developing nations is still owed to the same old suspects.

They're not out of the (Bretton) Woods yet.

I came across this in my YouTube feed the other day and whilst I already knew that China has a looming demographic problem, this puts some light on what it means for China going forwards. Basically, they are to have some 'issues' to deal with.

Latest Threads