The NEW ARRSE - Second Life RV 1600hrs Sat 13 Jan 07

Discussion in 'Gaming and Software' started by Bad CO, Jan 12, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Bad CO

Bad CO LE Admin Reviews Editor Gallery Guru

Second Life is something we are really excited about and believe that it has masses to offer the ARRSE community. If you've not heard about it before then can I recommend you go go to the website and have a read. In summary its a (free) 3D online virtual world where you can do almost anything you want. You need to download some software to your PC buts its easy and there is a comprehensive tutorial.

We've bought an 'island' on there where we hope to encourage people to congregate and do .... well whatever you want!

The initial plan is for everyone to RV tomorrow (Sat 13 Jan) at 1600hrs and then see what happens. If you've not used Second Life before I'd recommend starting an hour earlier just to get used to the way it works.

To find ARRSE island you will need to select Map from the bottom right corner of the screen and then search for "RnR island" - that should then take you straight to us!

Hope to see you there - both GCO and myself will be online to meet and greet and assist!

Edited to add - if you want to quote someone as a referral whenyou join we'd appreciate if you mention either BadCO Otoole or ARRSE Burns!

Attached Files:

2. Bad CO

If you are planning to be there please indicate so on this thread!
  3. BCO,

I'll try and be there. That is in no way an invitation for you to get drunk and try to shag me on the veranda, assuming you've built a veranda.
  4. yep , I'll try too :D but no digi skiffing! :wink:
  5. yup I will attempt to be there......
  6. BCO - just tried finding the Island - to no avail!
  7. Its there, Ive just checked....... :D
  8. Yeah,,virtual global warming swamped it! :wink:
  9. LMAO Proximo, you disappeared sharpish!!
  10. I'll try and be there, downloading SL now.
  11. I get "none found" searching for RnR island
  12. Jesus Bad CO, you want to do something about that virtual you - you are FAT mate!
  13. Bad hair day, too! :D

14. Is anyone else having problems going to the bottom right of the screen, chosing Map, then searching for RnR island? None found all the way for me
  15. Bad CO

It is there honest!

Attached Files: