The Navy Will Win

In order to concrete my position as cock of the week, I have been told that I have not posted anything controversial.

Therefore

Im posting this

THE NAVY ARE GOING TO WIN THE BABCOCK TROPHY, Because the army is full of woopsies

You didn't need to create a new thread. Posting your travel itinerary for Saturday was quite enough.

If you post your return itinerary, you could be in with a chance to win two weeks running.

PS You haven't allowed for weekend engineering works.
There isn't a 15:30, you will just miss the 15:00 and will have to wait for the 16:00. This means that you will miss the train for the final leg of your journey, but this may be replaced by a bus service anyway, so you'll still be late. The result will be that you'll just miss the evening meal as well. It's a bugger.

http://www.nationalrail.co.uk/service_disruptions/en3995c74894481eae52c7acf5bc37e6/details.html

Jerrycan2793 said:
In order to concrete my position as c*** of the week, I have been told that I have not posted anything controversial.

Therefore

Im posting this

THE NAVY ARE GOING TO WIN THE BABCOCK TROPHY, Because the army is full of woopsies
Navy win? They won't put any effort in; It's a trophy not a fukcing Ipod :D

Now you've gone and done it...

www.arrse.co.uk/Forums/viewtopic/p=3038383.html#3038383
Dunservin said:
bernoulli 30 Nov 2009 said:
Well, I certainly hope they've got a steelier resolve than the RIR bods who surrendered to a bunch of Sierra Leonian child soldiers had! :D
Yep. Whenever anyone makes the obligatory crack about iPods in every RN-related thread, I daresay someone else is bound to mention the West Side Boys. :lol: Note that HMS Argyll's helos helped search for the captives.

www.arrse.co.uk/Forums/viewtopic/p=3025745.html#3025745

Dunservin said:
vvaannmmaann 24 Nov 2009 said:
STOP PRESS
Matelot's mustering outside Daily Wail HQ to hand over ipods to Mr Hastings.
Yep. Whenever anyone makes the obligatory crack about iPods in every RN-related thread, I daresay someone else is bound to mention the West Side Boys. :lol: Note that HMS Argyll's helos helped search for the captives.
www.arrse.co.uk/Forums/viewtopic/p=3017410.html#3017410
Dunservin said:
vvaannmmaann 20 Nov 2009 said:
Quickly lads, hand over your ipods.
www.arrse.co.uk/Forums/viewtopic/p=3196613.html#3196613
Dunservin said:
vvaannmmaann 25 Feb 2010 said:
News Flash.
Crew of HMS York prepare to hand over all ipods to Argentines.
www.arrse.co.uk/Forums/viewtopic/p=3250229.html#3250229
Dunservin said:
vvaannmmaann 26 Mar 2010 said:
Do they have ipods in Saudi?
www.arrse.co.uk/Forums/viewtopic/p=3250229.html#3250229
Dunservin said:
ex_colonial 26 Mar 2010 said:
Sorry Effendi, I dont want an iPod, just a badly fitting suit would be ok!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
www.arrse.co.uk/Forums/viewtopic/p=3251123.html#3251123
CC_TA 27 Mar 2010 said:
Navy win? They won't put any effort in; It's a trophy not a fukcing Ipod :D

I don't need to look for them. I just collect 'em as we go along. :D

I just love the "You surrendered" chant that echoes round HQ every year.

As for the OP

a) Doubt it.

b) Don't care anyway, because I'm not going for the rugby.

It's a day of drinking interrupted for 80 minutes by 15 fat blokes and 15 Fijians.

Weren't two AAC Lynxes based aboard ARGYLL for the rescue?

verticalgyro said:
How many helicopters do you think HMS Argyll has/had? It had one Lynx Mk8 (or was it a 3 I can never remember which is which) on Op Barras. The rest of the "helos" were made up of Mk7 from 657 Sqn and some Chinooks from that RAF squadron who consider themselves to be SF because they sometimes carry the Shakies laundry.

I don't mind the banter, but the way you write it you imply that the codheads of HMS Argyll made the rescue operation entirely on their own, which flagrantly isn't true.

Finally; the Army will win because our Fijians are better than yours. 8O
Admittedly, the T23's hangar can only stow a single helo (typically, a Lynx Mk 8 or Merlin) but I merely cited the linked article. I've certainly implied nothing about any rescue operation; you've done that: :p

Jungle search after kidnap of British soldiers
Daily Telegraph 27 Aug 2000 said:
...The 11 soldiers disappeared as they were driving back to their base in the town of Benguema, about 25 miles south-east of Freetown. Yesterday's air and ground searches were conducted by helicopters from the warship Argyll and by other British troops...
As for the Beans & Gravy match, no doubt the winner will be the team that fields ANY Fijians. Oh for the days when the RN still trained Kiwis before the MOD made the price prohibitive. :cry:

At a recent RN warm up match against Esher, in which we got hammered, I collared one of the Navy training team at half time and asked him about our chances of beating the Army this year. His answer was short, to the point and involved a lot of swearing. Think i'll stay in the car park this year!

There is rugby??????????????????

fairmaidofperth said:
They were thrashed by the French Navy last weekend in Toulon :D
No one can accuse you of being a wee shit stirrer....well not often. :D

Unfortunately they did just. who were the idiot copycats who tried to streak on the pitch, the guy in pink boxers was funny on the top row in the stands. The idiots on the pitch went too far. Do they get done by the military or civvy coppers?

what streakers? i left portsmouth with a bacon sandwich and 8 tins of carling. 18 hours later i woke up in portsmouth with 9 tins of budweiser, 4 tins of carlsberg, a pair of ladies sunglasses and a small puddle of sick in my lap

and a summons from Thames Valley police for lewd behaviour

i love fiji

Never under estimate (real) matelots.