The Navy - They really don't get it

Had a planning meeting at work today which involved a couple of planks from the Royal Navy, a WO and a CPO. They turned up in waterproofs with pace sticks and proceeded to strut around like they fecking owned the place.

The WO was tall and fat and his jnr oppo had small man syndrome. Both thought they were God (not realising there was in fact a Sapper already there) and the Fatman's answer to anything that didn't go his way was 'well I'll take it up with the Commadore' with little oppo nodding and saying 'yeah, yeah'.

Matelots with Pace sticks! FFS, thats like Gok Wan wearing rigger boots!

It reaffirmed my opinion that the Navy should not leave camp when on dry land!

2 GIs? Did you use long words (like good morning) to confuse them? What were you doing?

And yes, they shouldn't be let out; frankly they shouldn't be allowed near a parade ground, but there we go.

I did ask if they now let people with walking sticks join the Navy as I greeted them. Didn't find that funny for some reason!

They are morons. I apologise.

But on the other hand, I did give an RSM apoplexy when I marched my little Platoon to the right of the line in a joint parade. I didn't really care where his regiment came in the order of precedent, I just know it's behind me!

Not all the Navy is like that MittMayo, just most of it!

Had a planning meeting at work today which involved a couple of planks from the Royal Navy, a WO and a CPO. They turned up in waterproofs with pace sticks and proceeded to strut around like they fecking owned the place.

The WO was tall and fat and his jnr oppo had small man syndrome. Both thought they were God (not realising there was in fact a Sapper already there) and the Fatman's answer to anything that didn't go his way was 'well I'll take it up with the Commadore' with little oppo nodding and saying 'yeah, yeah'.

You should have confused them by saying "Brittania waives the rules"

Precious. ;-)

First COmmand.jpg

Got the impression they were the Naval equivilent of Drill pigs, Agreed on the waterproofs but it added to the overall picture. Not a lot of call for pacing out in a Town centre.

cnuts (it is the NAAFI after all!)

One of those clever PO fuckers once got all het up, tired and emotional, at the sight of me walking on the grass and ignoring his incessant whistle, I was overboard apparently, he wanted to turn out his boat party (QRF) to "rescue me!

I told him that I hadn't seen his fucking dog and that he should grow up and fuck off, which didn't calm him much.

Then a cheerful officer butted in and told him I worked for LAND and so was probably entitled to trample his brine.

I've had a RA WO1 bollock me on my sideburns; apparently Officers under the rank of Brigadier aren't supposed to answer back. The look on his face :D

Guns

ADC
Book Reviewer
One of those clever PO fuckers once got all het up, tired and emotional, at the sight of me walking on the grass and ignoring his incessant whistle, I was overboard apparently, he wanted to turn out his boat party (QRF) to "rescue me!

I told him that I hadn't seen his fucking dog and that he should grow up and fuck off, which didn't calm him much.

Then a cheerful officer butted in and told him I worked for LAND and so was probably entitled to trample his brine.
Where you out walking your panther noir?

oldbaldy

LE
I've had a RA WO1 bollock me on my sideburns; apparently Officers under the rank of Brigadier aren't supposed to answer back. The look on his face :D
I once had an RA RSM try to bollock me for my mustache, I was a lowly Cpl, his face went a funny colour when I told him the wife liked it, he bollocked grunt Bdr instead.

Oh, those navy types are cards, ain't they? Just wait until the A v N match.

Reminds me of last years rowdy spectator comments.
When the wavy navy briefly drew ahead it brought forth shouts of "You've got time to practice now you havn't got ships anymore".
Then the Army stole the lead and romped away to shouts of "You shouldn't spend so much time bumming each other and practice more often".
Oh dear...........

Fucking Navy, strange bunch indeed. There are a few of them working offshore. I noticed one, who was on a rig I was on, had permy penned his navy rank onto the shoulders of his boiler suit. Some sort of circle with lines under it. Fuck knows why.

Ex RAF bloke aswell on my current rig who I try to avoid at all fucking costs! Got trapped on a tea break with him once and he nearly bored me to death telling me how he did a bit of field firing once with the cheshires when he was in the falklands. Loved it how he tried to patronise me saying things like 'of course, you won't have ever fired the SLR would you' and 'yeah, the falklands were rough, the war had only been over a few years' Savage boring cunt.

Mate of mine made me laugh once. He was at some navy barracks doing some joint army navy diving thing and apparently the Navy like having some sort of commanders room inspection. He knew fuck all about it and in walks some senior looking navy blokes dressed in their crazy outifits and asked him what the fuck he thought he was doing. He stood there in his flip flops and cut-off dessy trouser shorts and said 'Errrr, Im just cooking some super noodles on the window sill with me jet boil, like sir'

Hope you waved an iPod in there general direction.

Sent from my iPhone using ARRSE so I should probably be working....

Did they have their ipods?

the_boy_syrup

LE
Book Reviewer
I must have missed the MOD_RSS feed about that one.
Cunt tells us about everything else the twats do that seems ordinary to everyone else but them
"MoD announce Navy ship sails round fucking block"

Heard in a tent at Shiba involving IIRC one of our esteemed Arrse members.

"Oi get those fucking glasses off"
"We don't wear Oakleys in 3 RHA it's issue glasses only"
"I'm not in 3 RHA"