The Mythical Hangover Cure

Discussion in 'The Science Forum' started by DesktopCommando, Sep 7, 2013.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Only cos Im semi-pissed (Sailor Jerry's) I thought Id share this google search of a helpful advice, to those suffering Civi's, Walt's and Forces personnel.

Good website to have a read of.

Hangover Cures: Myth, Legend, and Fact
  2. Grumblegrunt

Grumblegrunt LE Book Reviewer

incoming mortar rounds are a good pickmeup.
  3. Brotherton Lad

Brotherton Lad LE Reviewer

Or drink proper beer and don't have hangovers.
  4. Stay drunk.Apparently the answer given by Dean Martin when asked how he avoided hangovers

Sent from my GT-I8160 using Tapatalk 2
  5. seems the weblink says the same, british beer = crap, german = ok
  6. Brotherton Lad

Brotherton Lad LE Reviewer

I brew my own. No crap involved. So I'm in Reinheitsgebot territory, Gott mit uns.

Didn't read the link.

7. 100% O2 always worked, at least as long as you stayed on it.
  8. A litre of fluids i/v always worked for me.... Esp with the first 500mls going in fast....

Posted using red teachers ink
  9. My advice, never drink wine, spirits or alcopops
    Stick to one brand of normal strength beer, lager or cider. Pint of water and ibuprofen 400mg before bed.
    Oh and never drink with Sluggy, she will collapse, wake up and drink more than you.

Posted from the ARRSE Mobile app (iOS or Android)
  10. So dont take Sluggy to a Pub then ? (Check)
  11. A couple of BAOR warriors I knew had the perfect method of staving off an impending hangover.

After drinking a few yellow handbags, a litre of Apfelkorn, playing several games of shock followed by a quick tonguing of a whore's anus, they would jump into their cars and proceed merrily towards camp before crashing and being pronounced dead at the scene.
    • Like Like x 5
  12. I've always found that laying about, convinced that I'm dying of bad cancer, and popping to the loo every now and then to shit gravy and honk up **** all but bile and stomach lining works a treat.. should try it.
    • Like Like x 5
  13. I've drunk just about everything possible to drink in huge quantities. And I have never had a hangover.

Some people can take it, others can't. I cannot drink as much as I used to however - as I now feel ill and fall asleep before I've finished a bottle of vodka. With most drugs your body get's a resistance, mine has worked in the opposite way. When I was 18 I could drink a bottle of vodka and then still go onto pints. Now pints are enough for me.

Edit - I should add, looking back I was clearly a mild alcoholic. I was drinking every day in excess, ended up getting into a lot of trouble because of it, and it did end up ruining a big part of my life. I still drink - I just tone it down a lot.
  14. Quite hard to fault that as an effective cure....
  15. It truly is 100% effective.
    • Like Like x 1