Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Myth of Testing

Cutaway

LE
Kit Reviewer
Not 100% true though is it?

Thousands have died within 28 days of testing positive for COVID19, and/or just having COVID19 mentioned on their death certificate whether they had tested positive or displayed any symptoms.

I am not denying the severity of the situation, or that it hasn't killed a lot of people, merely that there is a big difference between dying from COVID and dying with COVID

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

It's not though, is it?

If I test positive for COVID today and then slip in the shower and break my neck next week I still go on the official figures despite the fact my death had absolutely nothing to do with COVID.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

My uncle (73) died last week from chronic late stage emphysema. He'd already had 1 lung removed due to cancer some years ago. He'd smoked all his life and even now he was still puffing away on the occasional nail. He was taken into hospital after suffering a severe asthmatic attack and put on a ward next to a patient who apparently (according to his daughter) coughed his lungs up all night and who was taken away to an isolation ward the next day.

A couple of days later my uncle was unsurprisingly diagnosed with COVID symptoms (despite having isolated himself completely for the previous four months, even to the ridiculous state of not allowing anybody into his 1st floor flat and hauling his groceries up in a basket) and in turn was then taken off himself to the COVID isolation ward. After a week of having his lung drained on a daily basis he was told that he had fluid on his heart and that this would necessitate surgery.

He told the staff "no more" and refused treatment. He was dead, drowned in his own lung fluids, by the evening. Nobody was with him.

Apparently on his death certificate it mentions that he died with "COVID related symptoms"

So it wasn't the lifetime smoking habit that killed him and he'll go on the list of COVID victims.

Last edited:
Apparently on his death certificate it mentions that he died with "COVID related symptoms"

So it wasn't the lifetime smoking habit that killed him and he'll go on the list of COVID victims.

Do you think the coroner does this because they actively want to inflate the coronavirus stats, to make them look more scary, in order to make the UK population behave better?

I can't think of any other reason why we'd want to inflate our death stats for such a 'deadly disease'.

Sorry about your uncle, mucka.

No idea Whey_Aye

All we know is he went in to the hospital with the asthma attack, his daugther (my cousin) spent the evening with him settling him in, she commented to the ward nursing staff about the other patient's coughing and the potential for cross contamination (she works as a physio for the NHS), nothing was done about it all night.

The next day the other patient was wheeled off and two days later both my cousin and her dad were diagnosed with COVID. She's still under the two weeks self-isolation regieme having spent a couple of days laid out with it. She can't even claim his body from the mortuary and if she's not well enough she wont even be able to attend his funeral.

As Crowbag said, people are dying with cancer all the time and he would have died of his emphysema / fluid on his lungs / heart at some point but from what I've been told his certificate states that he died with "COVID related symptoms" which is what will be recorded on the official stats, despite the fact that he was a lifelong smoker.

Do you think the coroner does this because they actively want to inflate the coronavirus stats, to make them look more scary, in order to make the UK population behave better?

I can't think of any other reason why we'd want to inflate our death stats for such a 'deadly disease'.

Sorry about your uncle, mucka.
Co

Covid 19 is now a notifiable cause of death and the BMA have issued guidance around the completion of Death Certificates. The bit I have bolded suggests Doctors have the authority to declare Covid 19 as a cause (or contributor to death) based on guessing.

In those cases where the doctor is confident on medical grounds that a particular cause of death is likely then that should be entered on the MCCD. COVID-19 is an acceptable direct or underlying cause of death for the purposes of completing the MCCD, even without the results of a positive test, and it is important that likely COVID-19 deaths are reported as such via the registrar.

Latest Threads