Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Myth of Testing

crow_bag

Old-Salt
The EFL aren't testing players, but they are reviewing their medical rules and according to The Guardian they are considering making COVID tests mandatory.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Why is that a debacle of testing?

I'm pretty sure that the club's are organising their own testing, that is that they aren't just rocking up at the local testing station once a week.

Why is it not the same cycle as the premier league, EFL play more games. That's why I label it as debacle. Of course it's private testing which costs, but surely there should be a standard set of rules imposed, seeing as the government are wanting to get on top of outbreaks. Just my thoughts of course.

Ah yes, but that is just to remove the surface contamination.

Indeed, without soap, running water would be as effective if the same rubbing motion is also used.

As you know.

Of course, we don't know the full nature of this virus yet - as I said before, it could just as easily disappear for no known reason. But the chances are, it will just keep getting passed on so remain warm and happy in temporary hosts until the next decamp.
Currently reading a book called Murderous Contagion : A Human History Of Disease and have got to Influenza (including SARS and H5N1) and something called ‘antigenic drift’ which, among other nasty effects, could result in Influenza combining with Corvid 19 producing something even nastier.
This book is not cheering me up.

crow_bag

Old-Salt
Why is it not the same cycle as the premier league, EFL play more games. That's why I label it as debacle. Of course it's private testing which costs, but surely there should be a standard set of rules imposed, seeing as the government are wanting to get on top of outbreaks. Just my thoughts of course.
It's a different cycle to the EPL because the EFL have different rules.

Why that is I can only guess, but it most likely boils down to money

In March I had a very serious change in bowel movements, blood in stool, tenderness in abdomen etc, etc.
It was right at the start of lockdown. Took me five telephone "consultantions" with my GP surgery to convince them I had to see a doctor in person.

When examined he put me straight on the list for the endoscopy clinic at the local university teaching hospital. It took them two weeks to get in contact with the reply that the clinics were closed due to COVID and they weren't taking any referrals. three months later I was contacted again to be told that the clinics were still shut but would I take a poo stick test instead. This took another week to turn up and was duly sorted and sent back. After another two weeks I received a phone call saying it was inconclusive and that I should have an endoscopy to double check but unfortunately as the clinics were closed / taking only ultra urgent cases I'd have to wait till the clinics were opened up again.

It's now end of September. I still pass blood every now and again and have occasional mild to medium pain before passing motions. The clinics are still shut except to ultra urgent cases.

I hope to f*ck it's IBS

Good luck over there.

Currently reading a book called Murderous Contagion : A Human History Of Disease and have got to Influenza (including SARS and H5N1) and something called ‘antigenic drift’ which, among other nasty effects, could result in Influenza combining with Corvid 19 producing something even nastier.

Look on the bright side, if it mixes with Ebola in the congo we could see something REALLY deadly. Ebola like lethality and symptoms, CV19 incubation and R number...

Look on the bright side, if it mixes with Ebola in the congo we could see something REALLY deadly. Ebola like lethality and symptoms, CV19 incubation and R number...
Quick chorus of ‘Always Look On The Bright Side Of Life’ called for I think.

Good luck over there.
I was diagnosed with enlarged prostate gland and prostate cancer about 20 months ago. From initial first night in hospital, couldn't pass water at all, discharged with bag fitted,to scans,bone scan and biopsy,took about 7 months.I fear a lot of cases like this are being put on back burner now or,worse, ignored due to Covid 19 being prioritised.

Good luck

Just before you explode in gore like that lass in Cloverfield?
Well that will be me all over. Not so much history more like geography.

Yes, I was being ironic.

But the reality is that TB is one of the world's biggest killers at 1.5 million deaths a year and no-one in the west really gives a shit.

We've pages of the coronavirus on this forum; don't see any posts on TB.

To be fair, Tony Blair does have a lot to answer for.

AfricaExpat

Old-Salt
To bring this thread back to testing there is a thought that Belgium is partly abandoning the PCR test.

Corroboration is limited but comes from a quote that, " The authorities are working on an “epidemic barometer” at a national, provincial and regional level, to make sure that everyone understands the course of the epidemic better. The levels will be determined mainly – but not exclusively – by the number of people admitted to hospital. "

The other minor and usual citizen controlling details are here;

Could you flip through to the last page and let us know whether it has a happy ending please?

Ta muchly.

Cutaway

LE
Kit Reviewer
Way I see it is, dying from it or with it is still down to coronavirus,
What are you smoking to see shit like that ?
Dying from a disease is vastly different to dying with the disease.

To put it simply, if a cartoonist is diagnosed with Corona virus and the next day he is slaughtered by a rabid climate activist with a panga for drawing a picture of the doom troll, was Corona virus the cause of death ?

Not smoking anything, open your eyes.
They are, but the smoke from your crack pipe obscures the point you're trying to make.

Now please answer my question.

Last edited:

crow_bag

Old-Salt
Way I see it is, dying from it or with it is still down to coronavirus, agree a lot of people probably didn't have long left, but I believe the higher the infections rate, will ultimately return higher figures of death as time goes on. That's why I am in favour of restrictions, probably the worst thing in life is losing that life. Government is in a dammed if they do and dammed if they don't situation.
It's not though, is it?

If I test positive for COVID today and then slip in the shower and break my neck next week I still go on the official figures despite the fact my death had absolutely nothing to do with COVID.

Inject the entire world with a placebo , ( no one will ever know because the world is full of conspiracy theorists anyway , so everyone will disbelieve any whistleblowers) everyone will go back to their 2019 ways and we can all get back to normal .
Mortality rates will rise because people will go back to dying from car crashes , murder , industrial accidents , alcohol and drug abuse , plane crashes , domestic violence , starvation and a host of other diseases and people will forget all about Covid .
We forgot all about ebola , bird flu , mad cow and AIDS , why should this be any different ?

Mortality rates will rise because people will go back to dying from car crashes , murder , industrial accidents , alcohol and drug abuse , plane crashes , domestic violence , starvation and a host of other diseases and people will forget all about Covid .
And there will be large numbers of deaths due either to complications arising due to covid, covid directly or the strain treating it puts on the health service.
We forgot all about ebola , bird flu , mad cow and AIDS , why should this be any different ?
Because we got those under control. We haven’t yet with Covid.
Ultimately it will become a part of history in the same way, but probably not for a bit.

Cutaway

LE
Kit Reviewer
I don't have to answer anything, especially the way you thought you'd be a clever cnut..
Now there's a bite. Did you stamp your foot too ?

However your #156 is is true in so far as:

a - You don't have to answer anything - unless you want your comments to be taken seriously.

b - I am a clever cunt.

Now address #155 from @crow_bag

Edited to add that Dick informed me I neglected to say I'm in love with myself.

Last edited: