• ARRSE have partnered with Armadillo Merino to bring you an ARRSE exclusive, generous discount offer on their full price range.
    To keep you warm with the best of Merino gear, visit www.armadillomerino.co.uk and use the code: NEWARRSE40 at the checkout to get 40% off!
    This superb deal has been generously offered to us by Armadillo Merino and is valid until midnight on the the 28th of February.

The Mud Slinging starts. Rev. Dannett launches the 1st salvo

Andrew Neil has just stated that General Dannatt could well be a Minister in next Tory Govt, special responsibility Afghanistan!

Nice one!

Its the headline news on Radio 4. Says the Tories are willing to offer him a spokesman position on defence specific to Afghansiatn but not secretary of defence position.

Sixty

ADC
Book Reviewer
Deadreckon said:
Its the headline news on Radio 4. Says the Tories are willing to offer him a spokesman position on defence specific to Afghansiatn but not secretary of defence position.
He'd do well to distance himself from them. Giving even a passing nod to the Tories allows the Government to dismiss any points he makes as political point-scoring rather than military judgement.

nigegilb said:
Andrew Neil has just stated that General Dannatt could well be a Minister in next Tory Govt, special responsibility Afghanistan!

Nice one!
Would he send more troops out or bring those there home? Sounds like a poisoned chalice if ever I've heard of one.

ashie said:
Now it all becomes clear.
The truely frightening thing Ashie is that you and your kind may actually believe that.
Can you not see any further than the end of your own party politically obsessed nose?

Social_Handgrenade said:
nigegilb said:

Nice one!
He may be lined up, but surely he'd have to get elected as a minister first?
ELECTED!???? What sort of talk is that? Think Mandelson and half the rest of Tony's Cronies or Gordon's Morons as they are now called. Elected, my arrse.

Social_Handgrenade said:
nigegilb said:

Nice one!
Arise Lord Dannatt.

Queensman said:
Social_Handgrenade said:
nigegilb said:

Nice one!
ELECTED!???? What sort of talk is that? Think Mandelson and half the rest of Tony's Cronies or Gordon's Morons as they are now called. Elected, my arrse.
Just how many un-elected ministers do we have in the current government? (rhetorical question)

jagman said:
ashie said:
Now it all becomes clear.
The truely frightening thing Ashie is that you and your kind may actually believe that.
Can you not see any further than the end of your own party politically obsessed nose?
I'm not the one trying to be a Tory Minister, am I?

ashie said:
Social_Handgrenade said:
nigegilb said:

Nice one!
Arise Lord Dannatt.

At least he has genuine talent unlike they army of House of Lords placemen Liebour has created to fill the Cabinet.

Sixty said:
Deadreckon said:
He'd do well to distance himself from them. Giving even a passing nod to the Tories allows the Government to dismiss any points he makes as political point-scoring rather than military judgement.
Couldn't agree more. Far better off giving him a peerage as non-aligned so his voice and contributions can be heard. Even give him chair of the commons defence select committee. I'm sure No party would object to his wealth of experience... isn't that right Ashie :wink:

ashie said:
Social_Handgrenade said:
nigegilb said:

Nice one!
Arise Lord Dannatt.
Has a nice ring to it Ashie.. Fair play Lord Mandelson is the most effective Labour Minister by a mile, I rather suspect Lord Dannatt would be the same with the Tories!

Deadreckon said:
Sixty said:
Deadreckon said:
Couldn't agree more. Far better off giving him a peerage as non-aligned so his voice and contributions can be heard. Even give him chair of the commons defence select committee. I'm sure No party would object to his wealth of experience... isn't that right Ashie :wink:
He clearly demonstrates why soldiers should stick to what they know and stay out of politics, if that's what you mean.

Latest Threads