The Mud Slinging starts. Rev. Dannett launches the 1st salvo

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by Queensman, Oct 7, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Andrew Neil has just stated that General Dannatt could well be a Minister in next Tory Govt, special responsibility Afghanistan!

Nice one!

2. Its the headline news on Radio 4. Says the Tories are willing to offer him a spokesman position on defence specific to Afghansiatn but not secretary of defence position.

3. Sixty

Sixty LE Moderator Book Reviewer
    1. ARRSE Cyclists and Triathletes

He'd do well to distance himself from them. Giving even a passing nod to the Tories allows the Government to dismiss any points he makes as political point-scoring rather than military judgement.

4. Would he send more troops out or bring those there home? Sounds like a poisoned chalice if ever I've heard of one.

5. Now it all becomes clear.

6. Sixty

Sixty LE Moderator Book Reviewer
    1. ARRSE Cyclists and Triathletes

And as if by magic.....

7. He may be lined up, but surely he'd have to get elected as a minister first?

8. The truely frightening thing Ashie is that you and your kind may actually believe that.
    Can you not see any further than the end of your own party politically obsessed nose?

9. ELECTED!???? What sort of talk is that? Think Mandelson and half the rest of Tony's Cronies or Gordon's Morons as they are now called. Elected, my arrse.

10. Arise Lord Dannatt.

11. I think he should be PM

12. Just how many un-elected ministers do we have in the current government? (rhetorical question)

13. Bit like your Party Conference "Was the journey really neccesary", back you go

14. I'm not the one trying to be a Tory Minister, am I?