The MSM - Are they scum sucking leeches or beyond reproach?

Are they scum sucking leeches or beyond reproach?

• Scum sucking leeches

• Beyond reproach

Results are only viewable after voting.
Not any more.

That's the best I can do. I'm aware of the political leanings of many of the 'names' at the BBC and the fact that they would probably surprise you would suggest that their views are not transferred to their reporting.
Answered like a ref

From your exposure to journalists, producers and directors at the BBC, would you say there is an even split between political leanings or is there a favoured view ?

I have no doubt that Dominic has won his 5 guineas bet with Boris as to who can keep the chimps jumping up and down the longest.
The bet was "The suckers will accept any old flannel so take the piss." It's working I see.

Bloody MSM and journo hacks spreading lies and disinformation!

'Through family connections, in late 1987 he began work as a graduate trainee at The Times.[77] Scandal erupted when Johnson wrote an article on the archaeological discovery of King Edward II's palace for the newspaper, having invented a quote for the article which he falsely attributed to the historian Colin Lucas, his godfather. After the editor Charles Wilson learned of the matter, Johnson was dismissed.[78]

'Johnson secured employment on the leader-writing desk of The Daily Telegraph, having met its editor, Max Hastings, during his Oxford University Union presidency.[79] His articles appealed to the newspaper's conservative, middle-class, middle-aged "Middle England" readership,[80] and were known for their distinctive literary style, replete with old-fashioned words and phrases and for regularly referring to the readership as "my friends".[81] In early 1989, Johnson was appointed to the newspaper's Brussels bureau to report on the European Commission,[82] remaining in the post until 1994.[83] A strong critic of the integrationist Commission President Jacques Delors, he established himself as one of the city's few Eurosceptic journalists.[84] Many of his fellow journalists there were critical of his articles, opining that they often contained lies designed to discredit the Commission.[85] The Europhile Tory politician Chris Patten later stated that, at that time, Johnson was "one of the greatest exponents of fake journalism".[83]'

Oops

War Hero
Not any more.

That's the best I can do. I'm aware of the political leanings of many of the 'names' at the BBC and the fact that they would probably surprise you would suggest that their views are not transferred to their reporting.
I was wondering on how to ask the question of you in a tactfully enough manner , for quite a while.......

Surely the 'High Profile' journos you regularly work with, cant ALL be of the non blue tinged hue?
Brexit result alone suggests there must be some folk of a differing view of La Linacre, for example?
I'm not expecting them to be exposed as Tories or owt so extreme, but I'm sure the odd 'off the cuff' remark whilst freezing your collectives off stood on a grotty pavement, on Heaven forbid, a Northern Sink Estate around GE time, must surely lower ones defences somewhat?

Or are they Dyed in the Wool , Pre programmed , Social Warriors of the First Order doggedly pursuing the downfall of the Capitalist Hegemony?
( Andrew Neil excepted)
ETA.
I know I've got too much time on my hands!

'Through family connections, in late 1987 he began work as a graduate trainee at The Times.[77] Scandal erupted when Johnson wrote an article on the archaeological discovery of King Edward II's palace for the newspaper, having invented a quote for the article which he falsely attributed to the historian Colin Lucas, his godfather. After the editor Charles Wilson learned of the matter, Johnson was dismissed.[78]

'Johnson secured employment on the leader-writing desk of The Daily Telegraph, having met its editor, Max Hastings, during his Oxford University Union presidency.[79] His articles appealed to the newspaper's conservative, middle-class, middle-aged "Middle England" readership,[80] and were known for their distinctive literary style, replete with old-fashioned words and phrases and for regularly referring to the readership as "my friends".[81] In early 1989, Johnson was appointed to the newspaper's Brussels bureau to report on the European Commission,[82] remaining in the post until 1994.[83] A strong critic of the integrationist Commission President Jacques Delors, he established himself as one of the city's few Eurosceptic journalists.[84] Many of his fellow journalists there were critical of his articles, opining that they often contained lies designed to discredit the Commission.[85] The Europhile Tory politician Chris Patten later stated that, at that time, Johnson was "one of the greatest exponents of fake journalism".[83]'

Wasn't he shown the door for pulling that particular stunt? Even the 'scum-sucking' Times has standards.

Wasn't he shown the door for that particular stunt. Even the 'scum-sucking' Times has standards.
Err, yes: glad you're not on an investigation for evidence! Third sentence - 'After the editor Charles Wilson learned of the matter, Johnson was dismissed.'

Wow. Copypasta Max.

Go large or go home.

Please explain why the media, of all flavours, including the more right leaning such as the Sun and DM are reporting on Cumming's activities.
Several reasons, of which two are in my view the most pertinent.

Firstly, national journalists have always tended towards the feeding frenzy. Editors do not like to be seen as missing a story - even if that story transpires to be a nonsense.

Secondly, a significant part of the media were anti-Brexit, with Aunty Beeb at the forefront.

Grownup_Rafbrat

LE
Book Reviewer
At the moment Her Majesty's Most Loyal Opposition aren't fit to bake a cake let alone take on the government.
Cake baking is quite complex, I'll have you know. Lots of maths when weighing ingredients, only using what you've got, ...

Oh. Carry on.

So you would all be sticking up for Diane Abbott if she was in this position rather than your favourite Bwrecker then?

Bollox, and you know it.

I was wondering on how to ask the question of you in a tactfully enough manner , for quite a while.......

Surely the 'High Profile' journos you regularly work with, cant ALL be of the non blue tinged hue?
Brexit result alone suggests there must be some folk of a differing view of La Linacre, for example?
I'm not expecting them to be exposed as Tories or owt so extreme, but I'm sure the odd 'off the cuff' remark whilst freezing your collectives off stood on a grotty pavement, on Heaven forbid, a Northern Sink Estate around GE time, must surely lower ones defences somewhat?

Or are they Dyed in the Wool , Pre programmed , Social Warriors of the First Order doggedly pursuing the downfall of the Capitalist Hegemony?
( Andrew Neil excepted)
ETA.
I know I've got too much time on my hands!
Nick Robinson was at one time chair of the Cheshire Young Conservatives; you've mentioned Andrew Neil.John Pienaar has moved on but had a lot in common with the aforementioned.
I'd say there's now a red/blue 50/50 split at BBC Millbank but many are understandably cagey about making their leanings public.