The MSM - Are they scum sucking leeches or beyond reproach?

Are they scum sucking leeches or beyond reproach?

• Scum sucking leeches

• Beyond reproach

Results are only viewable after voting.
I have no doubt that Dominic has won his 5 guineas bet with Boris as to who can keep the chimps jumping up and down the longest.

I have no doubt that Dominic has won his 5 guineas bet with Boris as to who can keep the chimps jumping up and down the longest.
There are plenty jumping up and down here.

except the remainers will try to engineer another lockdown to make sure xmas is cancelled because C19 will be back.
I wouldn't mind a nice peaceful Xmas, without all the shopping, relatives, expense and horrible christmas music everwhere...

Bring it on I say...

Except when you are jumping on the "anti bandwagon" bandwagon! :)
Not really Im fairly consistent, I dont like most of the press, but I said they were wrong when they were hassling Corbyn, I dont just hate them when they are having a go at the Conservatives.

From 5 years ago

When it was okay the press were acting like cnuts because it was Corbyn on the receiving end

As has been replied to before. News 24, Al Jazeera, and multiple on line resources. All of which provide a better service than the vermin we are required to fund.
Al Jazeera leaps out of the page at me. Outwardly glossy and professional, but an organisation financed and supported by the Qatari state (ie royal family), a Salafist monarchical autocracy. So I think we might guess how balanced and objective they're going to be.

I think you'd probably better of with the Daily Express, to be honest.

Do you play rugby ? That's a side step any 10 would be proud of .
Not any more.

That's the best I can do. I'm aware of the political leanings of many of the 'names' at the BBC and the fact that they would probably surprise you would suggest that their views are not transferred to their reporting.

Al Jazeera leaps out of the page at me. Outwardly glossy and professional, but an organisation financed and supported by the Qatari state (ie royal family), a Salafist monarchical autocracy. So I think we might guess how balanced and objective they're going to be.

Their coverage of Arab Spring and Egypt in particular was outrageous.

Downing St? Probably.

Even if I knew home addresses I'm unlikely to make them available to some of the loonies that inhabit these hallowed halls. I base my diagnosis on the bizarre adulation of this Cummings bloke that's exhibited by some here.
I don't believe it is adulation, just annoyance or simply pointing out what is plainly an attempted stitch up by our wonderful, impartial press.

You first point is valid.

Your second is not so. You are claiming " the bizarre adulation of this Cummings bloke that's exhibited by some here"; my interpretation is that a significant number of posters here are more concerned with the blatant attempt to discredit the Government and some worse that usual standards of journalism.

I might not like Mr Cummings should I ever get to meet him, but I don't actually know. I do know when I'm being fed a load of hypocritical claptrap.
Please explain why the media, of all flavours, including the more right leaning such as the Sun and DM are reporting on Cumming's activities.

No it means the media is there to hold the government and the opposition to account. It's what they're there for.

The fact that they (the media) might offend political sensibilities is irrelevant.
Sorry, that is Bollox. The press should report the news with impartiality. Nothing more nothing less.

I bet you'll get international journalists falling over each other in the rush to get on their payroll, though. I doubt if anyone starves.
I won't work for them again after my experience in Cairo.

Al Jazeera is not funded by me. It has an agenda, they make no effort to hide it. I can filter accordingly. Not something than can be said of the BBC.

No it means the media is there to hold the government and the opposition to account. It's what they're there for.

The fact that they (the media) might offend political sensibilities is irrelevant.
Is it ****, the majority of the media are there to make money.

Their PR might allude to "holding people to account" but that doesnt mean its true.

ancienturion

LE
Book Reviewer
Please explain why the media, of all flavours, including the more right leaning such as the Sun and DM are reporting on Cumming's activities.
Easy money for profit, rather than having to actually report news items.