The MSM - Are they scum sucking leeches or beyond reproach?

Are they scum sucking leeches or beyond reproach?

• Scum sucking leeches

• Beyond reproach

Results are only viewable after voting.

OneTenner

LE
Book Reviewer

Grownup_Rafbrat

LE
Book Reviewer
Gracs, you are not going to get very far picking a fight with Cold_Collation, who happens to be a technology journalist and writer.
Won't stop stop him trying...

Helm

MIA
Book Reviewer
The'll be <snigger> champ.

(Do you) You seriously reckon the guy who was in contempt of Parliament would get on with plod?
I left these out too btw teary but as you insist on it being brought up.

What is GDRP? Please advise*.

*yes, yes, I know: a common error in transposing letters when writing an abbreviation-I do it constantly if I didn't check myself. Still, no point in missing the opportunity for a cheap shot, eh?
Like writing CGAF but returning to the site to edit others posts with the letters HTH. Is that what you mean ?

Last edited:

Goatman

ADC
Book Reviewer
Times 28 May 20.jpg

My argument is the lockdown was never really a lockdown. Schools were shut yet people who were considered key workers could still send their kids to school. As indeed were vulnerable kids- were these kids not deemed vulnerable before or after school then?? Also you could visit vulnerable adults such as parents or family. So you could technically leave your house in London to see your disabled dad in Cardiff and your mum with dementia in the Lake District.
Then ,separated mums and dads could mix households to see their kids.
So if a single mum has eight kids by eights different dads, all these households would end up being mixed together in a sense.
The lockdown had more holes in it than a block of Swiss cheese.
Agreed. We never had a 'lockdown', more a restriction of privileges. We should have gone hard for 6 weeks, then I think we'd have been better placed. What we had and what we continue to have, is a lot of whataboutery, smoke and mirrors and to be honest, pretty embarrassing. I have friends overseas who genuinely cannot believe WTF is going on here, when comparing against the rest of Europe.

Could be worse, could be a journalist breaching the barrier between fact and idiocy...

See : Legends of 'forgotten' aircraft who took on Luftwaffe and saved Dunkirk against all odds

"While the Germans had 2,000 aircraft at their disposal at Dunkirk, and would have hundreds waiting in the skies, striking the Royal Navy ships, and the men awaiting rescue, the RAF had four squadrons in the air at most – up to 50 aircraft.

They were also hampered as they needed enough fuel to fly across the Channel, and return home, which meant just 20 minutes in combat. The Defiants would fly with Hurricanes or Spitfires to down enemy bombers, while more Hurricanes would go above to take on fighter jets."

Spoils what's an otherwise reasonable piece...

It rather reminds me of something that Stanley Baldwin said on 17 March 1931 when he was Prime Minister:

The newspapers attacking me are not newspapers in the ordinary sense. They are engines of propaganda for the constantly changing policies, desires, personal vices, personal likes and dislikes of the two men. What are their methods? Their methods are direct falsehoods, misrepresentation, half-truths, the alteration of the speaker’s meaning by publishing a sentence apart from the context…What the proprietorship of these papers is aiming at is power, and power without responsibility – the prerogative of the harlot throughout the ages.

Last edited:

Goatman

ADC
Book Reviewer
@History_Man - and that quote reminds me of an excerpt from Joe Klein's account of life on the campaign trail with Bill Clinton , entitled 'Primary Colors'

' News broadcasters believe they are in the information business. They are wrong - they are actually in the entertainment business. '

Goatman

ADC
Book Reviewer
<whoosh>?

daz

LE
You know you're winning when you have to create outrageous straw man arguments
You know you're bitter and twister, when you don't understand the regulations and twitter on that someone is guilty but the Police say otherwise :)

It rather reminds me of something that Stanley Baldwin said on 17 March 1931 when he was Prime Minister:

The newspapers attacking me are not newspapers in the ordinary sense. They are engines of propaganda for the constantly changing policies, desires, personal vices, personal likes and dislikes of the two men. What are their methods? Their methods are direct falsehoods, misrepresentation, half-truths, the alteration of the speaker’s meaning by publishing a sentence apart from the context…What the proprietorship of these papers is aiming at is power, and power without responsibility – the prerogative of the harlot throughout the ages.
Was anyone protesting against the articles about Corbyn on site? Not I, I think he's a ****. The same as I think of Boris in fact.

You know you're bitter and twister, when you don't understand the regulations and twitter on that someone is guilty but the Police say otherwise :)
Sure...

You'd best tell Prof Van Tam he hasn't got a Scooby as well, I'm sure he'll be happy when you point out the mysterious Dom is allowed to do what he wants clause.

Was anyone protesting against the articles about Corbyn on site?
Me, when I thought it was unwarranted, such as when he was constantly followed and questioned by the press down a street despite making it clear he didnt want to talk to them.

daz

LE
Sure...

You'd best tell Prof Van Tam he hasn't got a Scooby as well, I'm sure he'll be happy when you point out the mysterious Dom is allowed to do what he wants clause.
This clip where he states that the rules apply to all?? Since DC did not break the rules by going to Durham, it's not the killer blow you're trying to suggest

This clip where he states that the rules apply to all?? Since DC did not break the rules by going to Durham, it's not the killer blow you're trying to suggest
But he posted a tweet saying he broke the rules, clear cut proof of guilt that....

Remember this?
#witchhunt

Latest Threads