The MSM - Are they scum sucking leeches or beyond reproach?

Are they scum sucking leeches or beyond reproach?

• Scum sucking leeches

• Beyond reproach

Results are only viewable after voting.

ancienturion

LE
Book Reviewer
Do you not think that someone ought to or do we passively accept everything that government tells us?

How would that work out if Saint Jeremy were in charge?

The press might not be perfect but they're the only organisation that we have that can hold the government's feet to the fire.
The final statement seems to put paid to any idea of bothering to have an Opposition in the HoC. A lot of money could be saved there.

Beat me to it!
No problem.
Sign out the keys to the bus and off you go to do some shouting outside 200 Gray's Inn Road.

TamH70

MIA
You've provided addresses for their place of work. Are they hounding Cummings outside his place of work?
To save him the bother - "NO!"

endure

GCM
The final statement seems to put paid to any idea of bothering to have an Opposition in the HoC. A lot of money could be saved there.

At the moment Her Majesty's Most Loyal Opposition aren't fit to bake a cake let alone take on the government.

You've provided addresses for their place of work. Are they hounding Cummings outside his place of work?
Downing St? Probably.

Even if I knew home addresses I'm unlikely to make them available to some of the loonies that inhabit these hallowed halls. I base my diagnosis on the bizarre adulation of this Cummings bloke that's exhibited by some here.

I'd be quite interested to know where those who reject the MSM go to in order to source their news, opinion and comment. Twitter? Facebook? Blogs? Vlogs? A wetted finger held aloft?

All vastly superior, I'm sure.

I'd be quite interested to know where those who reject the MSM go to in order to source their news, opinion and comment. Twitter? Facebook? Blogs? Vlogs? A wetted finger held aloft?

All vastly superior, I'm sure.
As has been replied to before. News 24, Al Jazeera, and multiple on line resources. All of which provide a better service than the vermin we are required to fund.

Downing St? Probably.

Even if I knew home addresses I'm unlikely to make them available to some of the loonies that inhabit these hallowed halls. I base my diagnosis on the bizarre adulation of this Cummings bloke that's exhibited by some here.
It's got nothing to do with who he is. I'd be equally pissed off if this had happended to the Scottish health Doris, or the BTP copper. But strangely it didn't happen to them. Funnily I can't remember either name off the top of my head. Could that be because it hasn't led the news incessently?

endure

GCM
Does that mean it is the media's job to be the opposition in their stead?

No it means the media is there to hold the government and the opposition to account. It's what they're there for.

The fact that they (the media) might offend political sensibilities is irrelevant.

Downing St? Probably.

Serious question. Is door stepping part of the curriculum for journalist and camera men ?

No it means the media is there to hold the government and the opposition to account. It's what they're there for.

The fact that they (the media) might offend political sensibilities is irrelevant.
The media are there to report facts. What they are doing is setting an agenda. A man, who at worst, has committed an offence that would attract a 30 pounds fine, is being hounded at his every move by people who are blatntly commiting an offence that would attract a 100 pound fine. (By the way, having read the guidance I don't believe has has commited an offence, but that appears to be neither here nor there)
That's not holding anybody to account that's trying to set the agenda.

You first point is valid.

Your second is not so. You are claiming " the bizarre adulation of this Cummings bloke that's exhibited by some here"; my interpretation is that a significant number of posters here are more concerned with the blatant attempt to discredit the Government and some worse that usual standards of journalism.

I might not like Mr Cummings should I ever get to meet him, but I don't actually know. I do know when I'm being fed a load of hypocritical claptrap.

As has been replied to before. News 24, Al Jazeera, and multiple on line resources. All of which provide a better service than the vermin we are required to fund.
BBC News 24 or do you mean the low budget South African News 24. How many personnel do they have on the ground in the Middle East at the moment or China? They pick up their news from Reuters and repackage it.

As does France 24

Al Aljazeera, the 'trainset' of the Emir of Qatar, promoting the the Muslim Brotherhood whenever possible.

You missed out RT

The media bangs on about Cummings breaking lockdown and jeopardising the health and lives of the ickle babies and saintly grandmothers, yet here's their social distancing.

It would be good to see all the journo`s rounded up for breaching social distancing laws and charged.

Latest Threads