The MSM - Are they scum sucking leeches or beyond reproach?

Are they scum sucking leeches or beyond reproach?

• Scum sucking leeches

• Beyond reproach

Results are only viewable after voting.
I'm in a slightly different category so it's not so bad. That said it's so quiet now I might try as I know a bit of Morse.
So do I, the re-runs are on YouTube.

Watching BBC breakfast programne this morning and pleasantly surprised. Instead of the end to end anti Cummings/Johnson reporting we actually have a fairly informative programme with bits about a potential new vaccine, going back to school, lack of public loos, and sport. There was also a bit on Cummings.

A correct balance returns and I hope that the Beeb have smelled the coffee and understood the real feelings of the audience who, even if they agree with the call to sack Cummings, feel it has turned into a witch-hunt.

I hope there is not a Witch Hunter General who when he/she comes in to work changes it all back again!

I suspect that it has more to do with the volume of complaints and their subsequent admission that they breached their own impartiality rules.

These were cases that I thought you'd know from off the top of my head. I don't have to imagine some of the buried stories as it happens. I'm sure you've worked out that I've moved on both sides of the fence.

If the investigative journalists aren't the people 'seeking truth and justice' who is? The Security Service, Empress State, ECD? - they're all a bit busy and 'in camera' so we the public are unlikely to hear of what they uncover.

In your opinion who is it that uncovers the scandals the change governments and reign in errant arrogant politicians, financiers and other parasites? That's not a rhetorical question.

I'm not saying that the journalist 'cursaders' (sic) do it just for the 'honour' and Grub Street is an apt name but they have their uses.
All fair points.

My fear is that if, as you perhaps suggest, the "media" are our last line of defence in seeking "truth and justice", we're in more trouble than I had hoped.

TamH70

MIA
If people here think that the MSM in this sphere of things is bad, or inept, or just plain shitty, they should take a look at the entertainment media slime. They utterly detest, loathe and despise those who either pay their ******* wages (the fans who view their advertisements) or don't grovel at the feet of the media companies who they worship. And it's across the board, from telly programmes to video games to cinema releases to dead-tree literature.

For example, those who give a shit about the DCEU (DC Expanded Universe for the non-cognoscenti) films (unlike me) and wanted a re-cut version of Justice League from its original director Zack Snyder are scummy, toxic, misogynistic fanboys.

edited to add:

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
If people here think that the MSM in this sphere of things is bad, or inept, or just plain shitty, they should take a look at the entertainment media slime. They utterly detest, loathe and despise those who either pay their ******* wages (the fans who view their advertisements) or don't grovel at the feet of the media companies who they worship. And it's across the board, from telly programmes to video games to cinema releases to dead-tree literature.

For example, those who give a shit about the DCEU (DC Expanded Universe for the non-cognoscenti) films (unlike me) and wanted a re-cut version of Justice League from its original director Zack Snyder are scummy, toxic, misogynistic fanboys.
OK, I can feel your pain, but does anyone have an English translation?

TamH70

MIA
OK, I can feel your pain, but does anyone have an English translation?
I added a video to my last post explaining some things. It should help you get the gist of it.

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
I added a video to my last post explaining some things. It should help you get the gist of it.
I got a minute or so into your video and gave up the ghost. Your point about artists not listening to their audience is neither new not Main Stream Media and is aimed at a very small clique who probably don't need to be told what the video says.

But I take your point about not listening to the audience. Certainly how the BBC and other companies seem to be acting now.

Last edited:

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
If it wasn’t AY, I would have said a cartoon strip would be better.
But since it is AY, I won’t!
Not sure how to take that :threaten:

Danatanian

Old-Salt
Dear Mr A. Self-Servin MP

I'm writing to you today to check that you aren't fiddling your expenses or taking back handers from lobbyists.

Please confirm that everything is well so I can get on with my life safe in the knowledge that our elected representatives are not misbehaving.

Naturally I trust everything you say and will of course take your answer as gospel.

Thanks,
Best regards

Naive McNaive,
Scotlandshire
The next time you convince yourself that people like me, who dare to say they don't need you and the rest of the media cesspit you slime around in, upset you and need to be put back in their place with a letter written in the style of a ten year old consider this .. your "career" consists of standing upright and pointing a camera at things. My four year old grandson can do that with his Fisher Price camera.

Its not hard to see how you manage to get yourself blacklisted though.

longtimeout

War Hero
See the big red button on top of the tv remote control?

That turns the telly off.

You should try it sometime...

It will magically make the big bad media go away.

The next time you convince yourself that people like me, who dare to say they don't need you and the rest of the media cesspit you slime around in, upset you and need to be put back in their place with a letter written in the style of a ten year old consider this .. your "career" consists of standing upright and pointing a camera at things. My four year old grandson can do that with his Fisher Price camera.

Feeling better now?

On reflection my parody was somewhat harsh and I apologise if it offended but my point stands. And I feel strongly about it.

Those in charge of and have influence over lives are not infallible and as we are told, power is corruptive.

Unless I'm wide of the mark you suggest that we should be happy to leave them to their own devices or be subject at most to internal oversight committees?

I submit that this is inadequate and human nature being what it is, we need the Press (or even the 5th estate) to monitor the activities that are carried out in our name.

Whilst I can't deny that some elements of of our Her Majesty's Media display the morals of a rabid hyena (and recent events cannot disavow us of this notion) I hope you would agree that there are one or two inhabitants of the cess pit that have proved useful to the common good.

I'm sure your grandson would aquit himself well with his Fisher Price kit and it's never too early to start.
We as a nation need dedicated people who will ask questions because they're not prepared to take what we are told by the state as gospel.

With regards to my 'career', what you know about me is what I choose to tell you.

On reflection my parody was somewhat harsh and I apologise if it offended but my point stands. And I feel strongly about it.

Those in charge of and have influence over lives are not infallible and as we are told, power is corruptive.

Unless I'm wide of the mark you suggest that we should be happy to leave them to their own devices or be subject at most to internal oversight committees?

I submit that this is inadequate and human nature being what it is, we need the Press (or even the 5th estate) to monitor the activities that are carried out in our name.

Whilst I can't deny that some elements of of our Her Majesty's Media display the morals of a rabid hyena (and recent events cannot disavow us of this notion) I hope you would agree that there are one or two inhabitants of the cess pit that have proved useful to the common good.

I'm sure your grandson would aquit himself well with his Fisher Price kit and it's never too early to start.
We as a nation need dedicated people who will ask questions because they're not prepared to take what we are told by the state as gospel.

With regards to my 'career', what you know about me is what I choose to tell you.
Maybe if the media stuck to telling the actual news - instead of voicing their opinions & pushing their bias agendas, then people would respect them more.

Non stories like xxx went for a drive aren't exactly something most normal people care about - especially when there is real news that can be talked about, you know - stuff like Hong Kong riots, EU power grabs, stuff that's relevant to people such as corrupt councils etc....ie the news!

Non stories like xxx went for a drive aren't exactly something most normal people care about - especially when there is real news that can be talked about, you know - stuff like Hong Kong riots, EU power grabs, stuff that's relevant to people such as corrupt councils etc....ie the news!
That is the whole point of this thread.

Some would argue that the fact the Cummings, as a senior member of the Government (unelected) may have broken the very rules that he helped to draw up is a story worthy of investigation.

Some don't see any problem with his activities. I suppose it depends if you have an axe to grind or not.

Rod924

LE
Kit Reviewer
@bigeye other than the bleeding obvious, have you any inside knowledge as to why the fat Skye Crofter is not being challenged regarding his movements?

@bigeye other than the bleeding obvious, have you any inside knowledge as to why the fat Skye Crofter is not being challenged regarding his movements?
I don't have a clue to be honest.