The MSM - Are they scum sucking leeches or beyond reproach?

Are they scum sucking leeches or beyond reproach?

• Scum sucking leeches

• Beyond reproach

Results are only viewable after voting.
Do you not think that someone ought to or do we passively accept everything that government tells us?

How would that work out if Saint Jeremy were in charge?

The press might not be perfect but they're the only organisation that we have that can hold the government's feet to the fire.
Except they don't.

Generally, they'll have some type of ill-informed half rumour as a basis, slather it with liberal coatings of "I can't believe it's not Remain", season it with Tory scum/austerity and garnish it with Boris Bad.

Serve with an accompanying chorus of "will the $SUBJECT now apologise/resign/self-flagellate" over said made-up nonsense.

It's little more than a continuous stream of "pooh-pooh head" name calling serving none but the media's backers.

A fact that's not gone unnoticed in recent years.

Bob65

War Hero
To try and hold them to a higher standard than the rest of the workforce is absurd.
The rest of the workforce is held to a higher standard, in their particular field. This is so obvious that it shouldn't even need to be pointed out. A restaurant can get shut down if its kitchen isn't clean but noone is coming into your house to perform a kitchen inspection. Something that you do for a living is always held to a higher standard than something you do privately, that is completely normal and the way that our society operates.

Last edited:

Danatanian

Old-Salt
Lets face it. The media these days have respect for no one, not the people they claim to be representing or the political system they claim to be holding to account. They have zero respect for democracy and its all about them, what they think and ultimately convincing you of what they want you to think. And no act is too low in their quest to do that. They all act like they are the appointed guardians of the opinions of people when the fact is the only skill most of them have is that they can read an autocue and no one bloody asked them fight our battles for us anyway. I always thought the media were there to tell people what has happened, and is happening in the world, not act like judge, jury and executioner to anyone they don't like and then go after them to the point that people are being heckled in the street.

I don't need Kay Burley or Laura K to "hold the Government to account", I can do that myself by writing to my MP, MSP or local Councillor. Then again there is a certain section of society, and its fairly large these days, that is apparently unable to think for themselves and therefore easily led and brainwashed by social media, virtue signalling, and the need to be seen to be righteous that all the media have to do is get the sheep bleating and assume their place as the shepherd looking out for them.

I don't watch the news anymore, haven't done for years. And the only journalist I can recall meeting was while visiting my brother in law. A young woman who was working for the BBC here in Scotland who had an opinion on everything and sat all night telling everyone how they were wrong because apparently her degree in journalism somehow gave her an insight that the rest of us mere mortals cannot even begin to fathom. By the end of the night nobody would even talk to her.

Ken M

Clanker
Well. Let's face it. The MSM have been on steroids with Brexit since 2016 and now they're all frothed up about the plague. They live for these kinds of things. They have to justify their wages by filling column inches in the papers or airtime on the 24hr news channels, irrespective of whether they're reporting fact or plausible fiction. They live in an incestuous, isolated little bubble where everybody feeds off everybody else.

Their bosses don't care , just so long as it pulls in the viewers and readers. It's all entertainment, you see. The Left report from the Left and the Right from the Right. Quite the circus, in reality. It sure beats reporting the occasional floods, the football results, or a horny vicar somewhere in the sticks. 'Twas ever thus. I'm bored stiff with the lot of these noisy partisan children.

Netflix, anyone?

Last edited:

Grownup_Rafbrat

LE
Book Reviewer
Do you not think that someone ought to or do we passively accept everything that government tells us?

How would that work out if Saint Jeremy were in charge?

The press might not be perfect but they're the only organisation that we have that can hold the government's feet to the fire.
That's the job of the opposition. A reporter's job is to report.

Not opine, create stories or hound.

An investigative journalist's job is to investigate and report. Again, not opine, or hound or investigate only people from one side of the equation.

Was I mistaken about reading PFM claiming he was going to defy the lockdown to visit his aged p's?

Seems to have slid off the front pages somehow.

Another "report" today that some doctor claims he'll resign if DC doesn't. That's the sort of hysterical manbaby I want looking after me if I get stricken by the lurgy.

Last edited:

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
Clive Myrie was quick to make the point that the BBC's reporter observed the two metre rule in that melee. Looks like it.
What CM means is the BBC reporter will be getting a severe talking to for allowing the other media scum to elbow them out of the way away leaving them more than two meters from DC.

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
Tell that to the innocent people who's lives they have ruined by not letting the facts, nor waiting for the truth to emerge less it gets in the way of a story. Good factual investigative journalism has long been dead.
But that is exactly what the editor bint said on Marr yesterday, this came about through good old fashioned journalism! Aye right!

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
Was I mistaken about reading PFN claiming he was going to defy the lockdown to visit his aged p's?

Seems to have slid off the front pages somehow.

Another "report" today that some doctor claims he'll resign if DC doesn't. That's the sort I want looking after me if I get stricken by the lurgy.
Sorry, PFN?

Except they don't.

Generally, they'll have some type of ill-informed half rumour as a basis, slather it with liberal coatings of "I can't believe it's not Remain", season it with Tory scum/austerity and garnish it with Boris Bad.

Serve with an accompanying chorus of "will the $SUBJECT now apologise/resign/self-flagellate" over said made-up nonsense.

It's little more than a continuous stream of "pooh-pooh head" name calling serving none but the media's backers.

Just before yesterday's media howlathon, the BBC's Clive Myrie was talking to another BBC journalist - Nick? - and was trying very hard to get an edge on the other media before PMBJ appeared.

"Any rumours, mumblings.....?" pleaded Myrie. Rumours and mumblings! From that pinnacle of broadcast journalism, the British Broadcorping Castration.

TamH70

MIA
Except they don't.

This pandemic has been blissfully HM Loyal Opposition - free.

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor

TamH70

MIA
Eh?
Why would you want to know that?
So they get the same treatment as they so casually dish out. Properly socially-distanced of course, unlike the scum-sucking leeches shown outside DC's house. Well, perhaps anyway.

Piers Morgan reached his zenith when writing the Bizarre section of The Sun in the early 90s.

A more rabble-rousing creature playing to the galleries I have yet to see.

So they get the same treatment as they so casually dish out. Properly socially-distanced of course, unlike the scum-sucking leeches shown outside DC's house. Well, perhaps anyway.
Channel 4 and ITN are at 200 Grays Inn Road, Sky News are based in Osterley. There are no BBC staff in that shot which is odd.

Latest Threads