The MSM - Are they scum sucking leeches or beyond reproach?

Are they scum sucking leeches or beyond reproach?

• Scum sucking leeches

• Beyond reproach

Results are only viewable after voting.

endure

GCM
Apart from the Red Tops, it used to be that British journalism was a byword for professionalism.

Then I see this.

That is fcuking appalling. I don't give a damn what side of the political spectrum you're on, that is beyond the pale.
Poor old Jon, when I worked at Sky he got fucked over twice within the week by an editor using the wrong take of a 'live' broadcast. That's what happens when you can't be arsed to hang around to do a proper live and record it instead..

and again

and again...

Poor old Jon, when I worked at Sky he got fucked over twice within the week by an editor using the wrong take of a 'live' broadcast. That's what happens when you can't be arsed to hang around to do a proper live and record it instead..

and again

and again...

I take that his favourite tipple might be the ink out of magic markers?

I was aware of the first two but I've only just found the third one.

Poor bugger doesn't learn does he...

And you wonder why the media is viewed with contempt.
I don't have any doubt as to why the media is viewed with contempt but in this instance the error was down to a technician ******* up and Jon nipping off early. There was nothing disingenuous about any of it.

Helm

MIA
Book Reviewer
I don't have any doubt as to why the media is viewed with contempt but in this instance the error was down to a technician ******* up and Jon nipping off early. There was nothing disingenuous about any of it.
I was talking about the incident originally shown, not the it'll be alright on the night collection.

I was talking about the incident originally shown, not the it'll be alright on the night collection.
Yes, that was pretty poor. Which is the reason why I added the Craig piss take reel.

I'm not aware of any special privileges in fact it could be argued that the Press is subject to greater controls than the public in terms of placing information into the public domain. The various D or Defence notices are examples of that.
D notices, or today's version, DSMA notices, are "official requests", not legal obligations.

Compliance with such a notice is voluntary, with the decision down to the relevant editor.

D notices, or today's version, DSMA notices, are "official requests", not legal obligations.

Compliance with such a notice is voluntary, with the decision down to the relevant editor.
Yes... carry on reading the thread

@Banker

What I mean is that I'm pretty familiar with DSMA notices and go onto to explain to Wightsparker the implicit threats that often go hand in hand with committee requests.

@Banker

What I mean is that I'm pretty familiar with DSMA notices and go onto to explain to Wightsparker the implicit threats that often go hand in hand with committee requests.
Two points:

1. your first post, given the subject matter of media accuracy, is a bit ironic; and
2. the alleged "implicit threats" is newsworthy, and yet goes unreported. Again somewhat ironic.

Wood and trees?

Two points:

1. your first post, given the subject matter of media accuracy, is a bit ironic; and
2. the alleged "implicit threats" is newsworthy, and yet goes unreported. Again somewhat ironic.

Wood and trees?
1. My point was that there is a mechanism for the 'State' to influence and to a certain extent, control the decisions of Broadcast News and Print Editors.

2. The threats would encompass the discussion of the threats!

They're neither. They are people who are trying to do a job. Some of them do a great job. Some of them are shit.

To try and hold them to a higher standard than the rest of the workforce is absurd.
they said that about the Nazis as well.

I have to admit that I may have laughed out loud when I got to the 40 second mark.

Oh hell, I laughed a lot.

endure

GCM

NSP

LE
I have to admit that I may have laughed out loud when I got to the 40 second mark.

Oh hell, I laughed a lot.
Ha! I've "come up from Chicago" to visit Lake Geneva, WI!! Just not right now...

Latest Threads