The MPGS

I am sure most people on this forum will have worked with the MPGS is one way or another. I have worked with them on Barrack Guard's numorous times and the only experiences I have had with them have being negative. Here are a few things I would liek to bring up...

It all seems that MOST of them have a major point to prove. Maybe something they didn't have the chance to prove when they were real SOLDIERS. I don't particurlary care what they did in the Army however I don't appreciate them giving me a shit time because they went on excerise to brecon once.

Are they auctually taught how to communicate to other human beings, it seems they think "OI" is an acceptable way to speak to trained soldiers. Bearing in mind they are civvys. Their lack of manners is fucking annoying and their arrogance to everyone is not acceptable.

Granted some of them acutually do their job, the ones at training depots generally seem alright. However the ones I have seen at working Regiments generally annoy the shit out of me. And how they get away with being cocks is beyond me...

The fact that they grip Trained Soldiers for their turnout....What the fuck, have you seen the state of their webbing when they stag on the gate.

I am sure there will be some MPGS lovers on here and I more than expect comments like "man up and stop sucking your mums nipple" however I am interested to hear other comments on the MPGS and see if its just my misfortune that I have run into the "cocks" among them. I know there are some decent blokes within them who do auctually like having a conversation and don't just chin you off cause you wernt there back in "73"

I'm going to be a pedantic cunt and say that they technically ARE soldiers on a HC engagement.

They definitely have a higher than average percentage of arseholes on their strength though.

I'm going to be a pedantic cunt and say that they technically ARE soldiers on a HC engagement.

They definitely have a higher than average percentage of arseholes on their strength though.
Ye athey give that shite about they auctually are soldiers...however when it comes to acting like one they don't like to comply...cunts

There was an MPGS type who came on here a couple of months ago complaining about the general lack of discipline at his location. They seem to be on a bit of a cushy number so god knows why they need to spend their time being cocks to people!

"Barrier up!"

I've been checked through various main gates around Edinburgh and the central scotland area and have only once been mildly irritated by MPGS guy, who cracked a funny , and I thought he was a cunt 'cause it wasn't funny at all. this could have been due to the fact it was thursday morning and wednesday night is wine night(midweek) in the beagle household, and I did have a bit of a hangover, ( I was not the driver)
Generally found the gaurds to be friendly, just doing their job. Maybe they managed to get up your nose because they are not too impressed with you or your regiment maybe they have seen it all before. It is a pretty thankless job and one more duty you would have to do if they weren't there. mod plods on the other hand can be a general pain in the arse..... how the fuck was I to know my ID card had expired....took me an extra 5 minutes to book in and out....how fucking thoughtless

There was an MPGS type who came on here a couple of months ago complaining about the general lack of discipline at his location. They seem to be on a bit of a cushy number so god knows why they need to spend their time being cocks to people!

"Barrier up!"
I know what you mean, I am gald I am not the only who noticed it. They all seem intent on making everyones life shite and bambling on about how the Army is so easy nowdays.

I've been checked through various main gates around Edinburgh and the central scotland area and have only once been mildly irritated by MPGS guy, who cracked a funny , and I thought he was a cunt 'cause it wasn't funny at all. this could have been due to the fact it was thursday morning and wednesday night is wine night(midweek) in the beagle household, and I did have a bit of a hangover, ( I was not the driver)
Generally found the gaurds to be friendly, just doing their job. Maybe they managed to get up your nose because they are not too impressed with you or your regiment maybe they have seen it all before. It is a pretty thankless job and one more duty you would have to do if they weren't there My bold, since being in a working regiment I have always staged on while they sip brews and go home in time for tea
. mod plods on the other hand can be a general pain in the arse..... how the fuck was I to know my ID card had expired....took me an extra 5 minutes to book in and out....how fucking thoughtless
my bold........

A touch of jealousy there perhaps?

Man up. Move over and let me have a crack at yer mums nipple.

Oh dear here we go again,

I'm neither a lover OR hater of the MPGS however many seem to forget that it is Tri-Service recruited, which many don't understand, care or are ill-educated to realise that not all sites are full of the types mentioned,

The Unit IIRC is also currently undergoing changes and personnel will always have a winge & moan if they have a bad encounter with them, also many sites CoC dictate their Duties above what they are supposed to do which is un-welcomed,

As for the webbing, are you man enough to speak to the Guard Commander if it bothers you that much?

Oh dear here we go again,

I'm neither a lover OR hater of the MPGS however many seem to forget that it is Tri-Service recruited, which many don't understand, care or are ill-educated to realise that not all sites are full of the types mentioned,

The Unit IIRC is also currently undergoing changes and personnel will always have a winge & moan if they have a bad encounter with them, also many sites CoC dictate their Duties above what they are supposed to do which is un-welcomed,

As for the webbing, are you man enough to speak to the Guard Commander if it bothers you that much?
First bite, knew it wouldn't be long. Whats up? Do the MPGS give you speshul treatment?

I think you will find everyone who has spoke in this topic so far has only recalled the negative points of the MPGS, surley thats saying something?

As for speaking to the Guard Commander, I presume you mean the MPGS type. Shes a fat minger so no thanks, I'd rather stick a red hot poker up my arse.

Legs

ADC
Book Reviewer
Whatever you think of them, would you rather your lads spent more time stagging on or these guys did it instead?

Bearing in mind they are civvys.
Yep, civvys with ID cards, uniform, weapons, fitness tests, Married quarters or singlies accomodation, free dental and medical, rank, promotion and boards, mid years, SJARs and pretty much everything else the "real army" has apart from the deployment bit.

Which, i should imagine 95% of the MPGS has done tours and deployed.

You seem to have a flea up your arse as you have made a comment about how bad the MPGS are on more than this thread.

If they bug you so much, take action. Bollock them, after all, they are civvys !!

Not as if that rank on their chest can really hurt you.

Whatever you think of them, would you rather your lads spent more time stagging on or these guys did it instead?
How much does the MPGS cost each year? Personally I never minded stagging on occasionally anyway, but since there's going to be massive cuts I'd rather it was the MPGS than the 'real' Army.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
themaadone AGC, RAPTC and SASC 4
T Juniors 79
G Int Corps 41