Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The motivation to join the reserve

I always liked military stuff since childhood, I read things about military and politics. But I have never thought of joining the army.
I am now seriously thinking about to join the army, maybe the reservist. But I am 32 now, I have beening working as an engineer for 8 years.
I am not a tall guy but considered fit at my height range. I researched a while and know that there are a number of roles in relation to technical support.
I wanna join and contribute my knowledge but I still feel nervous. Do you guys join the army with full confidence and bravery? Can anyone share what was your thought when you joined the army?

Last edited:

Daxx

MIA
Book Reviewer
Do it. You get free socks.

The chance to do something completely different in your free time and get paid for it too.
The social aspect, meeting new people from all over the country (and other countries too).
The chance to travel and see places and things that you'd never see as a tourist.
The chance to feel that you're part of something bigger, part of a team.
The chance to do something worthwhile.
Etc.

Chimp

ADC
The chance to do something completely different in your free time and get paid for it too.
The social aspect, meeting new people from all over the country (and other countries too).
The chance to travel and see places and things that you'd never see as a tourist.
The chance to feel that you're part of something bigger, part of a team.
The chance to do something worthwhile.
Etc.
And don’t forget the ultimate sacrifice.

Latest Threads