Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The most remote KFC in the world?

This can't be right surely? Got to be a mistake.

Screenshot_20201202-194744_Earth.jpg

Screenshot_20201202-194947_Earth.jpg

Gout Man

LE
Book Reviewer
Do they do deliveries:???:

Is there a KFP?

Yokel

LE
I wonder if it could sustain a small population for a longer time period - if nothing else to stop nationals of someone else trying to take over and set up a base there to interfere with international shipping routes?

I wonder if anyone ever finished dismantling the old whaling station after the Argentinewere sent home?

4(T)

LE
I wonder if it could sustain a small population for a longer time period - if nothing else to stop nationals of someone else trying to take over and set up a base there to interfere with international shipping routes?

I expect it'll turn out to be historically part of China..

Sticky847

Clanker

I wonder if anyone ever finished dismantling the old whaling station after the Argentinewere sent home?
Last time I was there in 1998 it looked mostly untouched but very collapsed.

Last time I was there in 1998 it looked mostly untouched but very collapsed.

Full of asbestos apparently, so a 200m hazard zone around it.

Wish someone had told us then as we spent a couple of hours roaming around either leith or stromness (forget which)

You were obviously on the wrong 'tour' mate!

"Stay at least 200m away from the whaling station - it's filled with asbestos and the roofs could literally blow off," warned expedition leader Nate Small, as we stepped gingerly out of our Zodiac and into the fizzing surf at Stromness Bay, South Georgia.'

'I stopped at an 'Asbestos - Keep Out' sign ...'

Yokel

LE
I expect it'll turn out to be historically part of China..

Yes that is what I was worrying about. I understand that the harbour can take quite large vessels and could be attractive because of that. It was worth protecting with defences and a small garrison in both world wars, and worth recovering in 1982, so why not now?

How close is it to the shipping routes?

Sticky847

Clanker
You were obviously on the wrong 'tour' mate!

"Stay at least 200m away from the whaling station - it's filled with asbestos and the roofs could literally blow off," warned expedition leader Nate Small, as we stepped gingerly out of our Zodiac and into the fizzing surf at Stromness Bay, South Georgia.'

'I stopped at an 'Asbestos - Keep Out' sign ...'

Was a pussers bimble so obviously no one in charge.

Fang_Farrier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
2020-12-04 03.45.42.jpg

penguins are c*nts and seals fecking stink.

Latest Threads