The most professional, Down to business infantry regiment?

Discussion in 'Join the Army - Regular Soldier Recruitment' started by SneakyTeen, Nov 21, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Im stuck between the infantry regiments, ive done lots of research but cant find one that have no ceremonial duties and are really professional, im thinking paras but they are renown for there 24/7 foolishness which is not my cuppa tea. Any suggestions ??? :? Thank you all in advance !!
  2. Command_doh

Command_doh LE Book Reviewer

3. What Regiment is that then ?The W. A. Highlanders ?
  4. A Very good family friend of mine always reccomends me to Join the Paras

Hes been serving in 2 para for 11 years

I had the same interests as you

Best regiment, not too much ceremonial duties

Although I wouldnt mind them too much, all comes under the job so i'll be happy to do it :D
  5. well at least i got one reply that i was hoping for :D 1 outa 5's ok.
  6. I was going to suggest The Rifles too. Having looked around the army jobs site for a while, and considered all my options, The Rifles do come across as a no nonsense group of people (but what do I know?? lol)

Good luck SneakyTeen, I hope everything goes well for you, whoever you decide to join.
  7. Thanks for the help DirtySanchez, i was considering the rifles aswell but it sounds like they have creemonial duties, do they ??
  8. What is it you have against ceremonial duties?

Sorry if that sounded a bit blunt, dunno how to phrase it other than that :p
  9. I'm the same. Would love to join as a real soldier but dont really want to do the guarding thing at Buckingham palace. The rifles does look exciting though
  10. They just seem pretty boring, if anyone has any ceremonial experience and would beg to differ then i would be glad to listen !!
  11. To be honest, I'm not sure. I've had a scout around the website, but the infantry isn't my chosen career, so I didn't pay too much attention :)

I'd like to point out that I'm not in yet, but I'd have thought that what you see of ceremonial duties on TV etc is just the tip of the iceburg.

I'm sure that someone much more experienced than me will be along shortly though.
  12. Have you ever considered a career in the Royal Marines?
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.