The most moral soldiers in the British armed forces

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by KGB_resident, Mar 9, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. The Kingos???

2. I second that.

3. The Corps Of Chaplins

4. Does anyone else think the geezer in the photo looks like the Fonz?

5. For moral rectitude and scrupulous honesty, I'd say that it's definitely the REME Artificer. No soldier who has passed their tiffy course has EVER cheated. Honest.

6. ViroBono

ViroBono LE Moderator

[​IMG]

7. OldSnowy

OldSnowy LE Moderator Book Reviewer

TOP response, V_B :)

All members selected for their slug-balancing abilities, I suppose?

8. Sergey

Which former USSR forces would you consider in this light?

9. Good question Bravo_Bravo. Alas there are too few regiments in Russian army with very high moral level. As to the hightest one then...

There is Solovetsky arhipelago in White sea (North-West Russia). The monastery was founded in 1429 (btw it was shelled by British navy during Crimean war, I saw myself marks made by British rounds). Monks and novices from it serve in special regiment incorporated in local anti-aircraft system.

10. Goatman

Goatman LE Book Reviewer

Steady chaps.....not sure the former Sov U has that much int on our highly trained, fanatically brave top secret Chaplin Cadre....Mum's the word eh ?

What REALLY goes on behind the forbidding walls of Amport House is not a topic for ARRSE I fear....perhaps the files will be released to the Public Record Office ( Windsor Archive annexe) in a hundred years...... 8)

Schh!...you know who.....

11. A fair few years ago a young soldier from the AAC was horrifically injured and is now (I think ) confined to wheelchair and has suffered longterm (I dont want to put the exact details down out of respect as some of those closest to him are arssers). Some of his closest mates rallied around then and still do rally around. They were from Hildesheim. Commendable.