• ARRSE have partnered with Armadillo Merino to bring you an ARRSE exclusive, generous discount offer on their full price range.
    To keep you warm with the best of Merino gear, visit www.armadillomerino.co.uk and use the code: NEWARRSE40 at the checkout to get 40% off!
    This superb deal has been generously offered to us by Armadillo Merino and is valid until midnight on the the 28th of February.

The most exclusive clubs in Britain

VC and GC Association

The Ejection Tie Club

The Shuttlecock Club

The Royal Cruising Club

Leander Club

I Zingari

The Houghton Fishing Club

The Shooting Times Woodcock Club

The Charlton Hunt Club

The Jockey Club

Wakefield and North of England Tulip Society

The International Dendrology Society

Masters of Wine

The Roxburghe Club

The surviving hereditary peers in the House of Lords

Yes. I think 1. 2. & maybe 3. do have suitably tight membership criteria

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/3280773/The-most-exclusive-clubs-in-Britain.html

And, IIRC, one man was a member of both the VC & GC Association and the Ejection Tie Club, namely Grp Capt Len Trent. I believe that he had at least one ejection to his name post-war...

Member of Pairlement.

You have to be:

gutless
spineless
liar
shag any thing that moves
smile like someone with a mouthfull of spunk.

in general being an ex-officer opens many doors!

heidtheba said:
The most exclusive........

The Warrent Officers and Sergeants' Mess.

You can't buy in.
But you can do fcuk all and get in through 'time served' in certain cake and ass outfits, RAMC x-ray techs spring to mind from another thread!

Airfix said:
heidtheba said:

You can't buy in.
But you can do fcuk all and get in through 'time served' in certain cake and ass outfits, RAMC x-ray techs spring to mind from another thread!
The good looking birds that airfix shagged but didn't have to pay for is a pretty exclusive club.

Blogg said:
VC and GC Association

The Ejection Tie Club

The Shuttlecock Club

The Royal Cruising Club

Leander Club

I Zingari

The Houghton Fishing Club

The Shooting Times Woodcock Club

The Charlton Hunt Club

The Jockey Club

Wakefield and North of England Tulip Society

The International Dendrology Society

Masters of Wine

The Roxburghe Club

The surviving hereditary peers in the House of Lords

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/3280773/The-most-exclusive-clubs-in-Britain.html
No mention of the Dennis the Menace and Gnasher Fan Club either!!

The RCC isn't particularly exclusive. The Royal Yacht Squadron Flying Club on the other hand... You first get elected to the Squadron (a spare squillion in the bank won't help you), then you get elected to the Flying Club. At the last count there were about 10 members.

Leander Club is not particularly exclusive, no matter what they might pretend - the more members they can gather, the more money they have to spend on rowing. Hence lots of members after somewhere to drink once a year and a nasty pink tie. I'm not sure how that deserves to be quoted in the same list as the VC and GC Association.

Both the Caterpillar Club and the Guinea Pig club have rather a stronger claim to exclusivity than Leander, methinks.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Caterpillar_Club

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Guinea_Pig_Club

edited for links.

Whites
The Guinea Pig Club
Caterpiller Club
RAF Escaping Society
Goldfish Club (not sure if this was US aircrew in Britain or RAF)

Wasn't there some sort of home run club for escapees, (all services)?

BASE jumpers, (Building, antenna, span, earth) not realy a club, more of a loose collection of barking lunatics who ought to be locked away together for their own safety.

stacker1 said:
Airfix said:
heidtheba said:

You can't buy in.
The good looking birds that airfix shagged but didn't have to pay for is a pretty exclusive club.
So true, they're the GITCIGAK Club (Get In The Car I've Got A Knife Club)!!!

I'd love to say your mum's one of them, but as we both know, she ain't fit to fcuk let alone fit to be seen in public with!!!

:D

T4U2 said:
The Parachute Regimental Association. ( PRA )

Must have past, P Company and Basic Parachute Course.
Would the numbers involved not tend to make it a select club rather than an exclusive one perhaps?

Latest Threads