The Mossad

FORMER_FYRDMAN

LE
Book Reviewer
And yet they have women in the armed forces, and one of the most LGBTQWERTY friendly countries in the middle east

They may not experiment with political correctness but they have a young population that are quite socially liberal
Having women in your Armed Forces where they can perform on a level playing field isn't politically correct. Pretending that they're elite infantry and can physically go toe to toe with the other side's best is politically correct. Israel has demonstrably not done that (at least since the initial experiment, which it learned from).

I know the Israelis have done some C-IED training at the Felix centre and some of our operators have been over there.

I don’t know the extent of the training or what it involved and no one ever went in to specifics.

The Israelis probably have a vastly different focus also right?

I mean they aren’t going to be investigating beaches for a potential invasion, noneed for mountain warfare or jungle warfare which means they have a more specific skill set.

I know as was mentioned earlier in the thread, you can’t rely on many sources (especially history channel, I am just passing time in lockdown) but of all the military books I read, I don’t recall any talking about Mossad, they mention working with the CIA (or invited by CIA) to catching Pablo Escobar and witnessing WACO.

I think @dingerr is thefirst time I heard we worked with them.

I think the Israelis would see it as we work for them.

They receive a lot of criticism for their foreign policy and how they do business, but I admire them for that. They were nearly wiped out on the whim of some maniac, the world wrung it’s hand and said how devastating it all ways, then in remains passive as other maniacs over time have said the same thing. It would be foolish for Israel to be anything but protectionist and ignore those international rules and Conventions that neuter most and allow evil to emerge.

I watched a History Channel program today on Mossad getting the tips from the Nazi Hunter (see Arrse thread: https://www.arrse.co.uk/community/threads/nazi-hunter-was-mossad-agent.140569/ ), but regardless of the Nazi hunting, even though Eichman's removal from Argentina was probably as good as the CIA extraction from Iran (Argo).

In the program it presented Mossad as "the best" in the world, and they were showing clips of the agents performing military training during the late 40's and I presume early 50's so they would probably be trained by allies (US perhaps the Brits)? As far as the claims from people about who is best, well the SAS are the best 'in the world' as are seal team 6 and Spetznaz so please can we stay clear of that.

Does anyone know of us working with Mossad?

I am interested in Mossad, Isreal is a very young country and yet very fast they have established a quite notorious secret service which I assume is probably 99% focused on external terrorism.

Understand that the SA/BS are a WW2 creation, perhaps the Green Berets are a production of Korea or Vietnam and havnt got a clue about Spetsnaz and Seals so maybe Mossad are more mature than the USA?

Not really trying to make a point, more of a discussion on thoughts and knowledge of Mossad and if we work with them.

P.S. Mossad, I know you are reading, nothing nefarious about this!
I can recommend reading Rise and Kill First by Ronen Bergman.

Glue_Sniffer

Old-Salt
I have the impression that the Israeli population have a largely positive perception of the Mossad. Similar to the British population, with the James Bond image of MI6.

Whereas in East Germany, the Stasi have been largely viewed as villains.

I have the impression that the Israeli population have a largely positive perception of the Mossad. Similar to the British population, with the James Bond image of MI6.

Whereas in East Germany, the Stasi have been largely viewed as villains.
The Stasi were largely occupied with spying on their own citizens and making sure people lived in fear of being reported by their family, friends or neighbours for any perceived wrongdoings against the state

It's not really a fair comparison

Glue_Sniffer

Old-Salt
The Stasi were largely occupied with spying on their own citizens and making sure people lived in fear of being reported by their family, friends or neighbours for any perceived wrongdoings against the state

It's not really a fair comparison
That is true. Maybe in democracies the public have a more positive perception of their intelligence agencies?

That is true. Maybe in democracies the public have a more positive perception of their intelligence agencies?
They may not be perfect but at least there is some element of accountability, and their sole purpose isn't to protect an unelected regime

Glue_Sniffer

Old-Salt
They may not be perfect but at least there is some element of accountability, and their sole purpose isn't to protect an unelected regime
That is true.
The CSSR used to have a TV series called "Major Zeman". It's quite interesting to watch.

Latest Threads