The Mossad

I watched a History Channel program today on Mossad getting the tips from the Nazi Hunter (see Arrse thread: https://www.arrse.co.uk/community/threads/nazi-hunter-was-mossad-agent.140569/ ), but regardless of the Nazi hunting, even though Eichman's removal from Argentina was probably as good as the CIA extraction from Iran (Argo).

In the program it presented Mossad as "the best" in the world, and they were showing clips of the agents performing military training during the late 40's and I presume early 50's so they would probably be trained by allies (US perhaps the Brits)? As far as the claims from people about who is best, well the SAS are the best 'in the world' as are seal team 6 and Spetznaz so please can we stay clear of that.

Does anyone know of us working with Mossad?

I am interested in Mossad, Isreal is a very young country and yet very fast they have established a quite notorious secret service which I assume is probably 99% focused on external terrorism.

Understand that the SA/BS are a WW2 creation, perhaps the Green Berets are a production of Korea or Vietnam and havnt got a clue about Spetsnaz and Seals so maybe Mossad are more mature than the USA?

Not really trying to make a point, more of a discussion on thoughts and knowledge of Mossad and if we work with them.

P.S. Mossad, I know you are reading, nothing nefarious about this!

The Mossad's reputation is second to none. Slight thread drift:- My scribbling's in our local paper had upset a anti-semite knob-head, who finding out where i lived, came around and up set my wife while i was at work, this was compounded by a letter to the house, containing the usual stereo-typical rantings,, the knob included his full address. I typed up in large font, one word MOSSAD, where i worked, many miles from where we live, i posted it to him...he got the message..no more trouble.

The sub editor who processes my weekly wibble told me that he would regularly show up at the reception desk at the papers HQ, and cause a ruckus, and have to be shown out, he was a well known trouble maker, what made it so sad was that he was pushing 80 years old, more than old enough to know better. End of problem.

FORMER_FYRDMAN

LE
Book Reviewer
I watched a History Channel program today on Mossad getting the tips from the Nazi Hunter (see Arrse thread: https://www.arrse.co.uk/community/threads/nazi-hunter-was-mossad-agent.140569/ ), but regardless of the Nazi hunting, even though Eichman's removal from Argentina was probably as good as the CIA extraction from Iran (Argo).

In the program it presented Mossad as "the best" in the world, and they were showing clips of the agents performing military training during the late 40's and I presume early 50's so they would probably be trained by allies (US perhaps the Brits)? As far as the claims from people about who is best, well the SAS are the best 'in the world' as are seal team 6 and Spetznaz so please can we stay clear of that.

I am interested in Mossad, Isreal is a very young country and yet very fast they have established a quite notorious secret service which I assume is probably 99% focused on external terrorism.

Understand that the SA/BS are a WW2 creation, perhaps the Green Berets are a production of Korea or Vietnam and havnt got a clue about Spetsnaz and Seals so maybe Mossad are more mature than the USA?

Not really trying to make a point, more of a discussion on thoughts and knowledge of Mossad and if we work with them.

Israel got off to a flying start because all its neighbours wanted to destroy it. Consequently, their armed forces and their security forces got access to the brightest and the best, who were also highly motivated by the events of recent history.

It also helps that Israel doesn't have much margin for error so isn't as prone to experimenting with political correctness as we are.

Dr Death

Old-Salt

Good luck, been nice knowing you.
Even though the Uzi will have a silencer on it you will hear the noise.

What size boots are you as a friend wants to know?

Nowt to do with the fact I was born Pedestrian and live in The Promised Land but The History Channel is one of the last places I'd think to look at for serious info on anything, other than how to fill airtime on the cheap.

You might find this guy's books of interest. I have very little clue about any of it, despite having met a few bods along the way.

DTBA

War Hero
Yeah they're really good. Good at using forged British passports to carry out assassinations in Dubai.

Carbon 6

Old-Salt
This one was quite interesting. As with anything relating to Mossad, I would read it with salt at the ready. Fact or fiction, who knows, but interesting nevertheless.

IMG_1194.JPG

The Mossad's reputation is second to none. Slight thread drift:- My scribbling's in our local paper had upset a anti-semite knob-head, who finding out where i lived, came around and up set my wife while i was at work, this was compounded by a letter to the house, containing the usual stereo-typical rantings,, the knob included his full address. I typed up in large font, one word MOSSAD, where i worked, many miles from where we live, i posted it to him...he got the message..no more trouble.

The sub editor who processes my weekly wibble told me that he would regularly show up at the reception desk at the papers HQ, and cause a ruckus, and have to be shown out, he was a well known trouble maker, what made it so sad was that he was pushing 80 years old, more than old enough to know better. End of problem.
Yes Bugsy Mk2 that really happened.

I'll profess to not really knowing much about them but they do seem to have a reputation for getting stuff done in a ruthless way without politically correct concerns bothering them much - IE, you can't hide behind sensibilities if they're after you.

It also helps that Israel doesn't have much margin for error so isn't as prone to experimenting with political correctness as we are.
That's is probably what gives them the edge on most other security forces plus being backed by the USA, they really don't give a shit what the rest of the world thinks when they are slotting someone who they don't like. If most of the Europeans countries had known assassins their own people would be whining like **** about it.
Russia also stands out as a country that doesn't care much about international opinion, but they get caned with sanctions.

Ravers

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
While clearly fictionalised a bit for good telly, check out The Spy on Netflix.

Glue_Sniffer

Old-Salt
Yeah they're really good. Good at using forged British passports to carry out assassinations in Dubai.
I don't know about this particular case.
But generally, most fraud cases involve the identity of the individual being fabricated, rather than the physical passport document being interfered with.

So the fraudster sends in a genuine photograph of himself, but his name and supporting documents show that he has the identity of someone else.

Israel got off to a flying start because all its neighbours wanted to destroy it. Consequently, their armed forces and their security forces got access to the brightest and the best, who were also highly motivated by the events of recent history.

And yet they have women in the armed forces, and one of the most LGBTQWERTY friendly countries in the middle east

They may not experiment with political correctness but they have a young population that are quite socially liberal

My guess would be that as Israel is probably the only country in the world with real existential risks all around it (and inside it) that Mossad, Shin Beth etc are likely to tend towards the extremely efficient and rufty-tufty side of things.

I also doubt very much if western intelligence agencies are overly concerned about, or hamstrung by, political correctness and general snowflakery.,

My final guesstimate would be that very little of what you read about them (or virtually any other agency) is true. If it is the release is sanctioned, and intended to keep the bad boys worried. The thought that a few balaclava'd 4X2s with silenced pistols might show up in your bedroom one night has probably worried more than a few potential jihadis.

Latest Threads