The Monkeys & E-Bay

Discussion in 'Military Clothing & Boots' started by MrBane, Dec 11, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. MrBane

MrBane War Hero Reviewer Reviews Editor

So I'm just having a peruse around what's on Ebay as I'm selling all the kit I've bought over the years and no longer need (Actually bought, not 'robbed from the stores when he wasn't looking) so I'm happy I'm legitimate with my sales.

However, I've noticed stuff like this:

Blackhawk plate carrier sas,sbs,uksf | eBay

Which when you say 'Issued osprey fillers front and back' you're surely asking for a knock at your door with chat like that? I thought anything to do with ballistic protection such as kevlar and flak was about as illegal as you can get apart from sticking on a tag like 'Great for would-be terrorists expecting a stand-off with the ASU'.

Anyway, I was wondering if anyone knows how effective this dedicated RMP online monitoring team that keeps getting mentioned actually are at stopping these sort of sales?

2. Haven't you got better things to worry about? Or are you like the internets version of Batman?
  3. There ARE RMP users of arrse you arse.
  4. MrBane

MrBane War Hero Reviewer Reviews Editor

I prefer to think myself more as 80's Catwoman to be honest. It's the heels that do it for me.

Regardless of my fetishes though, I was interested out of curiosity as to the actual 'knock on door' ratio.

Never mind though, I'll go back to playing with my PVC.
  5. There was only one catwoman.

She did the best "Santa Baby" as well.

6. I've seen these for sale dozens of times in surplus stores... i even saw a bloke flogging a Mk 6 Helmet! When asked where he'd got it from by a bloke from the Rifles that was in there, he just said 'You don't need to know!'
  7. Mk 6 and 6A helmets are on eBay quite a bit. It's when you see Mk 7s when you raise an eyebrow.
  8. Body armour is legal in the UK. Osprey plates might be a bit dodgy but their equivalent is available commercially and anyone buying body armour off e bay other than a collector deserves all you get.
    Unless your selling vast amounts of kit or weapon parts RMP don't seem to be bothered.
  9. Im pretty sure body armor is not illegal for civvies in the UK , why should it be? you can`t have a gun to protect yourself so for some(which ever side of the law they live) it may be a good idea .

The largest selection of body armour, ballistic helmets & ballistic plates in the world - SafeGuard Armour
  10. Dont do it, one of the usual sanctimonious ***** on here will burst into massive tears at the thought of someone surviving on operations without lightweight trousers or a pair of NI gloves thanks to you selfishly flogging your old kit.
  11. Op EMBROIL.

'Nuff said.

You're under surveillance - all of you.....................
  12. I`d be surprised if we weren't .Cops and MOD constantly trawl the net for stolen kit and intelligence (wont find any of that here! intelligence that is !)