The Mole: Infiltrating North Korea

Did anyone watch this? I don't know what to make of it.

An unemployed chef joins a Danish 'friends of North Korea' group, in 7 years he's formed his own 'Friends of Nk' group and gets in with a Spaniard who leads a lot of these european 'Friends of NK' groups and it is through this Spaniard that the group members are invited to visit NK.

This Danish ex-chef is 'the mole', he is sponsored/controlled by a tv producer/journalist to film overtly & covertly all his meetings. He eventually brings in an actor and introduces him to the Spaniard and North Koreans as a very rich arms dealer who wants some NK weaponry for anti-Israelli groups, he's also told the NKs can supply amphetamine.

The documentary is now in pseudo-James Bond territory with meetings in hotel rooms, underground function rooms in NK, plans are formed to buy an island in Africa where the NKs will overtly build a hotel resort with golf course and airport above ground while an arms & illicit drugs factory is constructed covertly beneath. The population of this island are told a hospital is being built (and some time later they'll be ordered to move off their land.

That's the gist. It also involved a middle-east middle-man who traded in oil & chemicals. I thought this guy was quite serious... as were the NKs initially, but as the meetings progressed I think the NKs were lining up to cheat a beginner arms smuggler.
Foe someone investing multi-million $ into an african resort/factory, this actor (arms trader) wasn't asking the NKs enough questions or nailing down the details into his operation. A factory on an island? How are his raw materials arriving? Is there the required infrastructure for an engineering factory?

The resort? Why is it a desirable destination that Africans or foreigners would want to visit? If I'm thinking this surely the NKs were doing same? Sidn't they even research this supposed investors group of companies?

Padders

Old-Salt
I turned it off after about 25 minutes, there's only so much footage of palid Danish weirdos standing to attention as someone plays the NK national anthem off their phone I can watch before the novelty wears off.

Also found it odd that he was supposedly a big cheese in those groups, even doing media interviews but somehow his wife didn't know? Strange bloke.

Tuffty

War Hero
If he is gen then i would say his days are numbered, no one takes the pish outta the Supreme Leader, Kim Kong-Wrong-un and lives to live another day.

Mrs Slocombe

Old-Salt
That Spaniard seems to have previous. Yes, all a bit strange. You've got to have some balls to go to the hermit kingdom and film the norks secretly.

BuggerAll

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
It was a very odd program. I will probably watch the next one.

I got the feeling it is kosher. It would have been too difficult to fake it.

Latest Threads