The million pound note

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by FORMER_FYRDMAN, Jan 27, 2013.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

FORMER_FYRDMAN LE Book Reviewer

2. I tried to pay for a packet of rizla with one but the pakki shop owner couldnt change it, he did let me take one paper out of the packet though so he wasnt that bad.
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Try one of these. Funny-Pics-22_02_2012-5.jpg
    • Like Like x 2
  4. Ive got one of these?

Woth about a fiver on ebay.
  5. How much is that worth? I have a 200K zim note, and that , literally is not the worth the paper it is printed on.

Do you have any more? I'd like to buy one.

FORMER_FYRDMAN LE Book Reviewer

One of the great benefits of leaving the EU will be that it clears the way for the return of this fine item (made even finer by falling from Christmas and Birthday cards from aunts and uncles numerous):

• Like Like x 6
  7. Would you have change of a zonk?
  8. Grumblegrunt

Grumblegrunt LE Book Reviewer

the zimbabwe notes have the distinction of being cheaper than toilet paper and used as a replacement.

we had million pound nots back in the napoleonic times when we invented widespread paper money to deal with the gold shortages.

there is a bit of fuss in the states at the moment regarding platinum coins which are not minted but can be and a denomination above the market value of its content.

one idea is to make a hundred trillion dollar coins to pay off the debt and leave some spare
  9. Interesting article.I never knew that about jock money.
  10. I would love to go into Tescos with a £1million note and buy a paper, dream on
  11. TheIronDuke probably has at least one 1 million pound note in his wallet?
    And to fund his exotic life style with, you dont expect him to carry normal money with him do you??
    What else would he use to buy his deltic train with?
  12. That reminded me of this old film.
    The Million Pound Note. Remember him not being able to spend it but getting everything for free as he had the means to pay but they couldnt break it for him.
  13. You wouldn't when they gave you the change in 2p coins.
  14. And IIRC some bint stole it and hid it under a carpet!