THE MILLIES

Sorry...Fantastic idea, ruined by the showiz crap......

..DAVID AND VICTORIA BECKHAM......TOO F*CIN BUSY MY ARRSE!!!!! :x :x

Very moving film parts tho' :cry:

B

BambiBasher

How do you select a 'winner' in a contest between three disabled men? Are the 'losers' less worthy then?

Horrible stuff. Turned it off and moved Clarkson to the 'cnut' end of the board. These chaps deserve respect in equal measure.

BambiBasher said:
How do you select a 'winner' in a contest between three disabled men? Are the 'losers' less worthy then?

Horrible stuff. Turned it off and moved Clarkson to the 'cnut' end of the board. These chaps deserve respect in equal measure.

Agree.....find that very hard to comprehend.

datumhead said:

debased the whole thing from Square One.

Sticking with it, though ... it's about more important people than the Bucking Feckhams for a change.

datumhead said:
DAVID AND VICTORIA BECKHAM......TOO F*CIN BUSY MY ARRSE!!!!! :x
agreed.

too busy counting their cash. :x :x :x :x

the_boy_syrup

LE
Book Reviewer
datumhead said:

:
Did you honestly think they would turn up to something they aren't star draw
Golden balls and his chav queen aren't going to be shown up by a gang of squaddies FFS
Heat and Ok aren't going to pay them anything for that

Slightly off thread

The Sun has a picture of L/Cpl Parkinson in his number 2's with a Pegasus astride Ballaphron flash on his left shoulder
I thought this was the old 5 AB flash and had been changed to the Hawk thing they have now a days

Not having a pop just curious

As worn in the pictures in the Sun

just be careful when slating things such as this...

...we're all to quick to bang the drum to say that the mejia and public don't appreciate us....cheesy it might be, but its better than the 'do nothing' option.

Ref L/Bdr Parkinson, his award was a stand alone award, not compared to others and if itraises the profile of injured soldiers such as he, then surely the awards are a good thing.

edited to add, just clocked CGS and CGS(des) in audience, if its good for them, good enough for me!!

S

swampmonster

datumhead said:

Very moving film parts tho' :cry:

Good idea, poor delivery..

Mabe we should get the X factor people to run it and have a fixed phone in to raise funds for the Lads :wink:

SM

Danny_Dravot said:
just be careful when slating things such as this...

...we're all to quick to bang the drum to say that the mejia and public don't appreciate us....cheesy it might be, but its better than the 'do nothing' option.

Ref L/Bdr Parkinson, his award was a stand alone award, not compared to others and if itraises the profile of injured soldiers such as he, then surely the awards are a good thing.

edited to add, just clocked CGS and CGS(des) in audience, if its good for them, good enough for me!!
I Agree and i think it will improve over time they just need to find the right way of presenting it. And i think they will learn it shouldn't be staged like the Bafta's or the Brits. It require more dignity than that.

However Al Murry has improved it already.

Cr33p

At least it's on tv, it may not be perfect but it's a step in the right direction. You would have slated Clarkson and Cowell all the more if they had said no to contributing, they aren't to blame for the poorly thought out, cheesy show.

cunning_stunt said:
At least it's on tv, it may not be perfect but it's a step in the right direction. You would have slated Clarkson and Cowell all the more if they had said no to contributing, they aren't to blame for the poorly thought out, cheesy show.

Clarkson looked positively embarresed handing out the award for the way it is being done. But i Think he would want to be there regardless as he is a very strong supporter of the Armed Forces.

Cr33p

chrisg46

LE
Book Reviewer
I woul dlike to see all the nomination videos, not jsut that of the winner. I hope they have a meeting tomorrow to discuss what they can do better next time.

Very worthy cause, but i hope the beckhams donate a LARGE sum for not being there in person.

Cr33p said:
cunning_stunt said:

Clarkson looked positively embarresed handing out the award for the way it is being done. But i Think he would want to be there regardless as he is a very strong supporter of the Armed Forces.

Cr33p
And his wifes grandfather a holder of the VC

DodgerH said:
Cr33p said:
cunning_stunt said:

Cr33p

Respect to the Grandfather, goes some way to explain his strong support.

the_boy_syrup

LE
Book Reviewer
DodgerH said:
Cr33p said:
cunning_stunt said:

Cr33p
He's also one of the patrons of H4H and I believe he and his wife took a load of goodies to the hospital in Brum last Christmas plus he has hosted L/Cpl Parkinson for a special day at Top Gear
Very pro forces

The programe can't be a bad thing I just think sometimes you can over egg the pudding and the rest of the services police fire etc will soon start whinging they are being overlooked

Haven't seen it but from what I have read I have to admit to having mixed feelings.

Maybe I am being a bit cynical but is this perhaps just a bit over sentimental and as one poster says above how do you choose one limbless serviceman over another, what are the judging criteria and who decides anyway. I hope this doesnt descend in a mawkish, cheese filled event where celebrities can be seen being photographed with the suitably 'brave disabled' or grieving relative that has raised millions so they can tick their empathy and doing good tick box for the year, or their next film/event/song or whatever. As for the Sun and Sky, I guess its as good a vehicle for raising advertising revenue as any other tea and sympathy show.

Dont want to be too critical though because I see the benefit it has overall and everyone looked like they had a good time.

Perhaps a bit of reflection and thought is in order