"The Military Forums"

Legs

ADC
Book Reviewer
Does anyone remember the little tussle that was had with the (alleged) rival to ARRSE a year or two back? Lots of us signed up and were instantly banned.

By chance I found the e-mail banning me from the site and so I decided to look and see how the site had fared. Not well it seems...
Take a look

The last post was almost a year ago (16 Mar 09) and the last registration of the 103 members was on 07 Jul 09 - and made no posts.

It just goes to show that if you want to know about the Army, it's ARRSE!

I clicked on your "clicky", Legs.
Several others must have done the same.
It said there were 31 uses online (all guests)

Guess what?
Most users ever online = 31 on 2/3/10 :lol:

This is one huge ARRSE.

There is something for everyone here as long as you are not easily offended. There are some very helpful people here, and also some right cnuts. But fcuk 'em, it ain't their site.

That other site is shite.

Was that the site set up by some tart who got abused by more or less everyone on ARRSE for gobbing it off? and then went on to actually achieve nothing by making her own site?

It rings a bell, but not in a major way.

Joker62

ADC
Book Reviewer
Whatever happened to NoWalts? That noble attempt to create an 'ARRSE minus whinging civvies' died a death, despite many a thread on novel ways to combine mortar barrel brushes and Swarfega.

theoriginalphantom said:
smartascarrots said:
Whatever happened to NoWalts? That noble attempt to create an 'ARRSE minus whinging civvies' died a death, despite many a thread on novel ways to combine mortar barrel brushes and Swarfega.
http://www.arrse.co.uk/Forums/viewtopic/t=69148.html

seems to have dissapeared
It was fun whilst it lasted :) think it was about the time of the Iranian army forum, caubeen and the smart gents outfitters in new york forum.

Legs

ADC
Book Reviewer
All these sites start up and die a death. Even the 'No Walt' site. Why? What makes ARRSE so different that it is so strong?

Legs said:
All these sites start up and die a death. Even the 'No Walt' site. Why? What makes ARRSE so different that it is so strong?

Real people who have been in the same boat, who despite petty arguments, will always stick together regardless of fallouts.

Apart from me and PG who's cock I worship

One day I might learn to stop being a silly boy and not argue with someone cleverer and more handsome :)

Or one day, the CO's might stop little tykes with a god complex having the power to change peoples posts without showing up, so that they are accountable for what they write, as personal liability is a very serious matter when it comes to the written word?

Changing what someone has actually written themselves, and making it look like they have said something they have no control over, is at the very least open to litigation, and also very close to fraud, as you can now obviously, as humorous as it may be, type something I could be sued for, when I for one have no control over it??????

And now I know you have the ability to do so, I feel this site needs to ask itself a question as to the rights it gives it moderators.

Should a moderator have the right to alter a persons posts with no showing of who actually wrote a comment, when the law is very harsh on the written word?

Good or Bad CO care to comment?

I have screen printed this as evidence btw, just in case.

Their Stats: