The Military Estimate

Discussion in 'Seniors' started by B_AND_T, Nov 22, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. B_AND_T

B_AND_T LE Book Reviewer

Sorry if I have put this in the wrong forum.

Does anyone have the 7 question military estimate? And can I bluff it on my CLM?

TVM

B&T

2. Knowing what the 7Qs are and have a deep understanding of it and how to use it are different things!

Whilst not knowing the CLM syllabus, i would imagine that knowing what the Qs are is probably enough

3. I've got a copy mate.

PM me an e-mail address (civi or mil) and I will send you a copy.

I wouldn't try to bluff it if I were you. (Just my opinion).

4. Which CLM is it? It is taught on SCLM.

5. B_AND_T

B_AND_T LE Book Reviewer

It's SCLM! Shiney arrse needs help here.

6. If you need to use it, we are all fcuked I tell ya! 8O

7. B_AND_T

B_AND_T LE Book Reviewer

Tell me about it!! Has anyone got a spare SLR.

8. You can find it in your TAMs mate. I was taught it on mine as part of the syllabus, there was no need to turn up having learnt it previously.

9. I agree spaz, but no harm in knowing it before hand.

B & T, I have some spare TAM's and stuff if you need that too.

10. B_AND_T

B_AND_T LE Book Reviewer

Anything you have got would be appreciated.

11. like i said though....to be able to do it properly is a considerable undertaking. Understanding the outputs and products at each stage/question can be mind-boggling.

Get to know what the questions are, produce a crib card etc but don't get vexed if you can't get to grips with the process...remember the 7qs are just the prompt to assist you in your plan and analysis.

I'm assuming CLM is still conducted at AECs in which case the cse leader will be a ETS officer who will only have the briefest of understanding of the process (unless they've transferred into the ETS from elsewhere!!) so you will be ok...

12. B_AND_T

B_AND_T LE Book Reviewer

Goon, Many thanks for that.

For some strange reason they have now introduced this on the Mil side of things. The education part is seperate.