the mighty white lanyard

Discussion in 'Sappers' started by RE814, Nov 15, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. i wandered in to the dropshorts forum out of friendly curiosity to see if they have a sense of humour and found that their top sticky is defending themselves in the old lanyard tale. brilliant!

cheered up this toffee wrapper no end

worth a butchers
  2. Should be yellow
  3. Why would they put so much effort into it if it wasn't true?

No smoke without fire and all that.
  4. and made of canery feathers
  5. exactly, its obviously gospel

good to know that dedicated years of baiting has seriously affected our dear friends, hopefully for life
  6. To see if theyve got a sense of humour?

Of course they have! They joined the RA..
  7. GunnersQuadrant

GunnersQuadrant LE Moderator

Sigh, what an old tale. Present your evidence and i will be willing to listen to it. Ours is right there where i posted it 4 years ago :)

The Mighty White Lanyard

Like i say present your evidence, truely ignorant and imbecillic posts will be chopped :D
  8. But it's got to the stage now, where only Gunners believe it.

Interestingly, I first heard our version from my Granddad. And he was RHA!
  9. ooooohh get her! I think she doth protest too much..

Whether you like it or not me old drop short buds, there is always a ring of truth where such tales of yore are concerned, and as has already been mentioned, you wouldn't all be fighting your corner so much if it was bo***cks now would you?
    I'll keep my NINE flames and lovely BLUE lanyard in favour of only seven and a pistol pull through thankyou very much.
  10. Squeeze me? Youre larging it in the Sappers forum GQ... Please return teddies to the correct location and not in the corner.. :wink:

Do note that noone has disputed the fact it is a tale, just basking in the joy that fiction can have impact on reality. :wink: Chinny up Fella! We'll be starting on someone else next month. :p
  11. RE814 You in the Corps fishing club?
  12. possibly, do they accept white noise? if so how do i make contact? oops how can i join?
  13. a lanyard is a very funtional part of the uniform, you always know where your 'church key' is
  14. never ever let the truth get in the way of a good story.
  15. In the good old days when 25 were in Traz next door to 4th Field...we had great pleasure in reminding them about the lanyard yarn! Truth or fiction...who gives a crap? Just to see their faces was enough! Especially after we (Not me!) painted their lovely shiney display guns with yellow spots prior to the Op Flogger tour in 86! They were NOT happy!
    Oh how we sniggered......alot!