The Mighty Boosh....WTF?

Discussion in 'Films, Music and All Things Artsy' started by Ravers, Dec 8, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Ravers

Ravers LE Reviewer Book Reviewer

After being persuaded by many people that the Mighty Boosh is the funniest thing ever, I decided to watch an episode over the weekend.

I can quite honestly and whole-heartedly say that I have never witnessed such ridiculous and un-amusing toss in my entire life. After further persuasion that 'it takes a while to get into' I decided to give it another chance and watch a second episode, this time from a different series. Once again I found it to be complete and utter bollox and a total waste of my time.

I am now considered by many to be a humourless git who obviously doesn't get this level of 'offbeat and inovative' comedy. Have I missed something really obvious? Do any other Arrsers have any experience of this God awful shite that the BBC insist on funding with my TV licence fee?
  2. Its utter t0ss, like morecambe and wise, who were never funny, reborne in even sh1tter form for the 21st century, with a really cack 'oh we're so zany, look at us' attitude-complete bunch of arrse!
  3. I personally love the Mighty Boosh. I'm big on comedy especially things like Boosh, South Park, Monty Python and such like which are absurd, unrelenting and uncaring about who they offend.

I can understand your negative views however as many people are unable to understand humour like this. It's a matter of taste really, a few people I know don't like Boosh but thats weighed against the majority who do. I personally find the series of Little Britain utter dog shite and can't believe its allowed on air, but thats just my opinion.
  4. Initially when I first came across the Boosh I thought the same, however, I then happened across the episode "The Legend of Old Greg" its not everyones cup of tea, but I thinks its funny, its a bit like Trailer Park Boys

Its probably on a par with League of Gentlemen which was a bit weird at first.

Everyones different, unless your a communist.

Old Greg
  5. Well, I love South park (did you see the Barack obama one?) and Monty python, and consider Little britain and Mighty boosh to be utter sh1te, so its horses for courses...the differance being south park and monty python were/are original, whereas mighty boosh=morecambe & wise/vic & bob update, and little britain is a sh1t sketch show as if Harry enfield had written the mighty League of Gentlemen...
  6. Ravers

Ravers LE Reviewer Book Reviewer

I completely agree with you on Little Britain it is, in my opinion, complete gutter bilge.

I absolutely love Monty Python, South Park, Family Guy etc. but I don't think you can compare them to the two tallentless cnuts from Mighty Boosh.
  7. The Boosh has its moments, buts its definitely one of those shows you're either going to love or hate.
    Try Stella Street instead. If you don't find that funny, Joe Pesci'll be round to break your legs.
  8. Saw them at Oxford last month, better live than on the telly!
  9. I agree they are brilliant live.
  10. League of Gentleman = genius.

People thought that was wierd shite too when it was first aired same goes to Fast Show. Lots of people still think South Park is a vulgar and silly without realising how satyrical and in depth it is. Things like that take time for people to enoy them.

But as previously stated I think with Boosh it is very much love it or hate it.
  11. Going back a few years there was a couple of series called "Spaced". Done by the same bunch that did "Hot Fuzz" etc. Worth a view in my opinion.
  12. I saw League of gentlemen live once, in London, probably the funniest single event i've witnessed in my life, they did this whole sketch ripping the p1ss out of miserable playwrights from the 60s like willy russell, which made I larf as I had to suffer through his sh1te at school, as well as the classic characters from the TV show...
  13. Loved that show! It's really popular in the states now and is out on DVD!
  14. I think British comedy has begun to move out of its turn of the century golden phase, at one point there was the Office, Ali-g, League of Gentlemen, brasseye/jam,spaced, alan partridge etc., most of those have now sadly finished, was a very good era though!
  15. Took my teenagers to see them at Blackpool; they loved it, I hated it. Maybe its an age thing.