The met CO19 on STV JUST NOW

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by jaybee2786, Feb 10, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. CO19 anyone seen or watching it, if a serviceman was to do what they do he would be banged up ASAP. I don't rate them at all.

2. Bullet.
  3. Give him a chance, he is a Rock after all :D
  4. JINGO

JINGO War Hero Book Reviewer

How do you suggest they deal with the situation then?

5. What and you would agree with the way they are doing it?
  6. Yes. No civvy casualties, minimal risk to the public and any potential naughty people are neutralised effectively.

You want to stop watching cop dramas, jelly head. This is real life.
  7. Hard, fast and aggressive against possible armed suspects?

No I think the tone is quite correct for what they have to deal with.
  8. JINGO

JINGO War Hero Book Reviewer

Absolutely. But as I asked Im willing to change my mind if other ways to deal with possibly dangerous armed criminals if you or anybody else can offer alternatives.
    Im not taking the piss or being sarcastic for once, I just think robust action needs to be taken in these situations. The message is not sent by the courts, force is the only thing they respond to.
  9. So if one of them fcukers caved in your motors window because they had thought you were armed, you would be fine with that.Funny enough the army never needed to acted like that in Northern Ireland unless lead started flying were the risk was higher.

But of course i am a rockape now if a pongo had started the thread different story eh .
  10. You wouldn't know the provenance of the intelligence they were given so wouldn't be able to make that call.

Window smashing is common dealing with hard stops and is done by unarmed officers as well when we feel that lives are at risk..... serves to distract whilst entry is made to the vehicle as well as to get in and is perfectly legal.

11. Please regale us on your massive experience of NI.
  12. The bloke who got his motor window stoved in was so p1ssed he could barely walk, never mind drive. So fcuk him. :roll:

Controlled aggression against armed criminals? Don't see anything wrong with that picture.

Pongo or Crab: wrong is just wrong.
  13. Dinger you saying please to a rock, are you after some man fat or are you just being a cock?

14. As the copper said afterwards, if you genuinely believe someone is armed, you dont politely ask him to get out of his car do you? The police priority is always safety to themselves and to the general public when firearms may be involved. If in doubt, there is no doubt. At least they didn't empty a couple of mags into him did they?

Think of the alternative headlines;

'Armed Officers allow gunman to escape. Gunman then shoots small child'.

As opposed to no headline at all.

Nowt to do with you being a rock ape, jellyhead. Your question was a bit bone to be honest and demonstrated your naivety. As for NI? You really don't have a clue do you?

As for the damage to the blokes window. He will be compensated if he is innocent. If he's not innocent, its the least of his worries.
  15. TheIronDuke

TheIronDuke LE Book Reviewer

I am not armed, so it would not be an issue, would it?

And if a mistake were made, I should sue the bastards to buggary.

Oh, please.

No, really.