The Merry Christmas 2021 Thread

Looking forward to these:

8BBFFC6A-F8E6-4A38-A98F-1FF03AAD21DB.jpeg

The aftermath, however, not so much!

Blogg

LE
Makes my day of puking dog and failing fridge seem rather lovely by comparison!
I once had to carry a dead dog to Vet (for storage prior to proper disposal) on Christmas Eve.

Happily in wasn't one of ours, not far and I was already well pissed.

But in terms of things I never want to have to do again, it's well up there.

I once had to carry a dead dog to Vet (for storage prior to proper disposal) on Christmas Eve.

Happily in wasn't one of ours, not far and I was already well pissed.

But in terms of things I never want to have to do again, it's well up there.
? There must be a back-story. It could have been a cracking table centrepiece.

ancienturion

LE
Book Reviewer
I genuinely hope everyone had a good Christmas day, be they with family and friends opening presents and enjoying a meal, or wearing nothing but a smile while enjoying a tin in the bedsit as you scream at the neighbours to keep their bairns quiet. Christmas day is always a bit dusty in the house as l think back on days long gone with those who are but memories now, reminds me how lucky l was with a great family and the best mates a lad could ask for. Make the best of these days for they are short, enjoy them in whatever way puts a smile on your face as you think back.

Grownup_Rafbrat

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor

Smeggers

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
My Christmas morning started with me dropping a fecking great carving knife off the counter into my left foot! A friend ran me to my local A&E (Chorley) where in 30 mins, had me triaged, cleaned, three stitches inserted and cup of tea and two toast were necked before I was ejected. Mate picked me up, dropped me home, had a glass of three and then I have him a lift home. Moral: When carving knives fall, don't try to stop them with your feet.

(The bathroom looked like a scene from Texas chainsaw massacre cos it was the nearest place to stick my foot).

Thanks, Harry.

Three big tubs of the turkey stuff left, two of which are in the freezer, and the rest is in the fridge for tomorrow's din-dins.
One can do a half-decent feed of a kedgeree-but-using-turkey-shreds.
Worth having some lemon juice and/or thyme about. Lemon only, unless you're confident wid de 'erbs.
Straight up, poultry & rice is for groovers.

My Christmas morning started with me dropping a fecking great carving knife off the counter into my left foot! A friend ran me to my local A&E (Chorley) where in 30 mins, had me triaged, cleaned, three stitches inserted and cup of tea and two toast were necked before I was ejected. Mate picked me up, dropped me home, had a glass of three and then I have him a lift home. Moral: When carving knives fall, don't try to stop them with your feet.

(The bathroom looked like a scene from Texas chainsaw massacre cos it was the nearest place to stick my foot).
Shit! Lucky escape In a way @Smeggers take care mate

Damn!
Fix quick! (hope you got new slippers for Xmas as well)

(best lessons I ever had , in workshop, lab & kitchen 'Unless it's your dinner, let it drop'.
I'd say the same never applied when I was a youth climbing instructor, but that would be a lie)

Latest Threads