The media and Covid-19: making a bad situation worse

...I've never despised the press media more than now...
FOC and completely agree. Their behaviour has sunk to levels where I wouldn't cross the road to piss in their collective mouths if their teeth were on fire.

That would be Germany that’s tested so many not at risk people, it’s now running out of testing kits and the system has gone to rats?
The system has not gone to rats, it's a bit confusing because each Bundesland makes its own rules concerning self islolation. So what is allowed where I live would get me a fine if I did it in Bavaria. However the hospitals are coping, just. It's the old peoples homes that are having problems, but that pre-dates corona by a very long way.
I feel that I'm better of here than in Britain and most definitely better off than in Italy or most other countries for that matter.
Meanwhile the media is pumping out endless corona programmes, special programmes, talk shows etc. It gets even worse when the experts contradict each other or make a statement and two weeks later change their minds.

Truxx

LE
The BBC agenda is all about scrapping BREXIT and having another referendum. Jezza Vhine came out with that last week when interviewing Red Corbyn; my tourettes became uncontrollable as he uttered the above.

As soon as the lockdown ends and I can bloody move to a new home, the beeb licence fee is getting fooked off at the high port (normally I only watch YouTube and live 1 to 2 progs)
I've never despised the press more than now. Mind you, I despise 20% of the population who are so ******* thick that they need things:

Explained to macro levels
Shown how to cook
Shown how to exercise
List goes on and on.
The higher BBC strategic intent seems to be in maintaing its self styled place as one of the instruments of state, representing the very peeple that it grooms constantly with everthing from Doctor Who to Ceebeebies. Unvoted for yet funded by ordinary people that the bigger egos for some obscure reason, think they are somehow connected to.

People are telling the BBC they say, before blithely asking a bone question that, somehow makes the inquisitor puff with pride at the brilliance of the question and their own judgement. This, they say to themselves, is the question that no one else is asking but they should.

Sadly, it has been like that for quite a while now, they simply cannot help themselves.

Truxx

LE
I’m enjoying the hysterical media frothing over wether Dominic Raab has ‘his finger on the nuclear button’.
they need to stop taking guidance from Hollywood, we don’t have a ‘nuclear button’
No. But hey. They should be more concerned about where they sit on the "first against the wall " list.

No. But hey. They should be more concerned about where they sit on the "first against the wall " list.
Now, now - no need to be so dramatic.

We haven't even started on the "Last to get on a ventilator" list yet.

The system has not gone to rats, it's a bit confusing because each Bundesland makes its own rules concerning self islolation. So what is allowed where I live would get me a fine if I did it in Bavaria. However the hospitals are coping, just. It's the old peoples homes that are having problems, but that pre-dates corona by a very long way.
I feel that I'm better of here than in Britain and most definitely better off than in Italy or most other countries for that matter.
Meanwhile the media is pumping out endless corona programmes, special programmes, talk shows etc. It gets even worse when the experts contradict each other or make a statement and two weeks later change their minds.

Well, you buggers are used to obeying Ze Ordnung.

> Still sulking for getting fined for not crossing on Ze Grun Mann on an empty bloody road

I could certainly see Raab being happy to do that.
He has that scary look about him.

Truxx

LE
Now, now - no need to be so dramatic.

We haven't even started on the "Last to get on a ventilator" list yet.
Not dramatic, pragmatic.

I once found myself as a training major of an infantry Bn. The officers of which needed a little reminder of what was what. I simply informed them that at commencement of any hostilities I would personally shoot each one of them, thereby improving operational effectiveness tenfold.

Funnily enough sufficient numbers got the message and things got better.

Truxx

LE
I could certainly see Raab being happy to do that.
He has that scary look about him.
The more I see of him the more impressed I am. On the outside doing his best to be right on and cool headed. On the inside supressing an urge to shake Pesto firmly by the throat.

Not particularly impressed by Raab's delivery when he has taken centre stage, as he doesn't seem to believe in himself. Wouldn't impress me as a leader thus far.

Boris will be back, and 2nd Lord is doing the biz today, while Gove is probably a steadying influence behind the scenes even while isolating.

TamH70

MIA
Meanwhile, the press pack are again simply headline hunting.

Cnuts.
I agree with you.

I lasted until five seconds of the journo who took over after the last question was answered had elapsed and bailed back here.

Meanwhile, the press pack are again simply headline hunting.

Cnuts.
And at a bovine level of 'thick'.

That or they are so inured to being permanently correct on every matter, it comes as a seismic shock when someone tells them 'No' or 'Wrong'.

As happened about 10 minutes ago when some knobthroat banged out a question that included words to the effect that, '. . . negotiations surrounding Brexit and leaving the EU . . . '. Rishi leapt in with the put down, 'We've already left. That is a done deal.'

(Almost) collapse of stout party.

Not particularly impressed by Raab's delivery when he has taken centre stage, as he doesn't seem to believe in himself. Wouldn't impress me as a leader thus far.

Boris will be back, and 2nd Lord is doing the biz today, while Gove is probably a steadying influence behind the scenes even while isolating.
yo Dom, the Boss is down, people are dying in their thousands, and the government and country is eating the biggest shit sandwich in 80 years..... you’re up!

Well, you buggers are used to obeying Ze Ordnung.

> Still sulking for getting fined for not crossing on Ze Grun Mann on an empty bloody road
I remember a kindly old woman grabbing my wrist surprisingly firmly and shouting 'Auslander, auslander!" when I didn't wait for the Green Man on Münich side street 30 years ago.

ETA: it was ivo Dacau, and I did wonder if this wretched old woman had worked there...

Last edited:
Here's a very good article from The Guardian on the societal impact of CV19. I commend people read it.

Every time a Michael Heseltine or Gordon Brown comes on the radio, social media brims with nostalgia for the heavyweights of yore.
I stopped reading right there.

As I'm on leave (and the garden is looking great) I tend to stop for HMGs briefing and then as soon as the jornos come on bugger off to make tea, leaving Major Sunray to shout at the TV. A mantel she has taken up with some skill, considering she used to be of the 'I don't know who to vote for' so didn't mindset.
Now I find the whole thing can be broken down as follows.
HMG.
Progress.
End of lockdown to early to say.
Sick.
Dead.
Dying.

Pointless questions bit (though sadly not Armstrong and Osman which would have more value).

Q1. When's the lockdown ending?
Q2. Everything you said earlier, but now as a question and to the most inappropriate advisor?

Repeat about five more times with occasionally an added:
HMG: Does that answer your question?
Hack: Yes but, when is the lockdown ending phrased in a slightly different way?

Latest Threads