The media and Covid-19: making a bad situation worse

Among other obnoxious pieces in the Guardian, this one today, at the top of their webpage:
I've rarely felt more disgusted by the Guardian. Which is saying something, believe me.
And would the Tory MP who tipped them off be Jeremy Hunt? OT it intrigued me that Hunt got no criticism for holding Health Commitee meetings where everyone was pretty much elbow to elbow, when the chamber was observing the 6' 8" rule?

Truxx

LE
I was thinking the same thing! What did we miss!?
The beeb have twigged. I posted a day or so ago on the subject. By carrying the press briefing verbatim the glaring gaps between the cool and factual presentation of the situation by the briefers and the idiocy of the questions, questioners and subsequent coverage was plain to see. Now though its back to normal with the 4th estate setting the public expectation agenda.

Last edited:
Wonder what John Humphries is doing..... A recall to the Colours perhaps?
A weekend slot on Classic FM, I think.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

A weekend slot on Classic FM, I think.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk
A nice little earner for him ..... Classic FM is set up as the default station on most of the radios about the house after I gave up listening to R4 a some weeks ago .

Last edited:

endure

GCM
The Daily Wail has just initiated another wave of panic buying...

LK and Peston majoring on Cabinet disagreements.

Raab biting his tongue as he repeats 'Cabinet responsibility ! , Cabinet responsibility !', in the vain hope they will get the idea.

Sky chap wants to be told how very dare the virus could infect people at the centre of events. Utter pillock.

Helm

MIA
Book Reviewer
LK and Peston majoring on Cabinet disagreements.

Raab biting his tongue as he repeats 'Cabinet responsibility ! , Cabinet responsibility !', in the vain hope they will get the idea.

Sky chap wants to be told how very dare the virus could infect people at the centre of events. Utter pillock.
The first question opened by Laura Clueless of the BBC, at that point, it was turned off.

R4’s line this morning and at lunchtime was ‘Isn’t it time for a National Unity government’. ETA: And I wonder where that came from.
I was fully expecting that to come out in the presser: but nothing heard.
I wonder if somebody’s had a word and suggested long necks should be shortened.

Having watched the cringeworthy farce that was tonight's briefing, someone in government needs to grow a pair and when self-important journalists ask yes/no questions, just give them a yes/no answer. The level of questioning is beyond moronic and the waffling answers from Raab are distinctly less than impressive.

Grow a pair Dominic and tell them to stop asking bone questions FFS man!

It also looks like the journos are winding themselves up for next week, when there's supposed to be a review of the lockdown. Can't you just hear the brain-dead questions they'll be asking now?

As for lifting the lockdown, if the government says we can now do A, B and C, don't you just know that the chav scum will take that as being able to do A, B, C, D, E all the way to Z?

Having watched the cringeworthy farce that was tonight's briefing, someone in government needs to grow a pair and when self-important journalists ask yes/no questions, just give them a yes/no answer. The level of questioning is beyond moronic and the waffling answers from Raab are distinctly less than impressive.
Hear, hear.

Just listening to 'Eddie Mair' on LBC's post briefing 'armchair quarter backing'. He tirelessly puts his shoulder to the wheel of telling us how bad, stupid and uncaring the government is.

If only 'Eddie Mair' was in charge Covid would have been seen off 2 weeks ago by this fat carping buffoon.

Grow a pair Dominic and tell them to stop asking bone questions FFS man!

It also looks like the journos are winding themselves up for next week, when there's supposed to be a review of the lockdown. Can't you just hear the brain-dead questions they'll be asking now?

As for lifting the lockdown, if the government says we can now do A, B and C, don't you just know that the chav scum will take that as being able to do A, B, C, D, E all the way to Z?
Generally I believe the public are also getting fed up with the bone questions, and would raise a rousing cheer if someone at a briefing, goes full Carl Benjamin AKA 'Sargon of Akkad' on them... Raab grow a set, you know you want too. :razz:

Laura K on the six o clock news.
Questions are being asked about who is running the country.
Your supposed to be political editor you moron, you are expected to know how the system works.

Rod924

LE
Kit Reviewer
R4’s line this morning and at lunchtime was ‘Isn’t it time for a National Unity government’. ETA: And I wonder where that came from.
I was fully expecting that to come out in the presser: but nothing heard.
I wonder if somebody’s had a word and suggested long necks should be shortened.
The BBC agenda is all about scrapping BREXIT and having another referendum. Jezza Vhine came out with that last week when interviewing Red Corbyn; my tourettes became uncontrollable as he uttered the above.

As soon as the lockdown ends and I can bloody move to a new home, the beeb licence fee is getting fooked off at the high port (normally I only watch YouTube and live 1 to 2 progs)
I've never despised the press more than now. Mind you, I despise 20% of the population who are so ******* thick that they need things:

Explained to macro levels
Shown how to cook
Shown how to exercise
List goes on and on.

I see the Burley creature on SKY is now claiming Professor Whitey says we got it all wrong and we must copy Germany.

That would be Germany that’s tested so many not at risk people, it’s now running out of testing kits and the system has gone to rats?

Laura K on the six o clock news.
Questions are being asked about who is running the country.
Your supposed to be political editor you moron, you are expected to know how the system works.
I’m enjoying the hysterical media frothing over wether Dominic Raab has ‘his finger on the nuclear button’.
they need to stop taking guidance from Hollywood, we don’t have a ‘nuclear button’

Latest Threads