The media and Covid-19: making a bad situation worse

Truxx

LE
He would have appreciated that. I've seen quite a bit of Pike snr - although now it's normally at funerals unfortunately. The last time was at my other half's remembrance bash.
The joy of being alongside the very best senior officers was that they never really thought of themselves as senior officers, merely a young captain who had got a bit older and had been lucky in the lottery of life.

Thus they had an air about them that was on the same plane as the ordinary tom, and would bum a fag off them and chat away with young NCOs like it was the most natural thing in the world.

Which, to them, it was.

The joy of being alongside the very best senior officers was that they never really though of themselves as senior officers, merely a young captain who had got a bit older and had been lucky in the lottery of life.

Thus they had an air about them that was on the same plane as the ordinary tom, and would bum a fag off them and chat away with young NCOs like it was the most natural thing in the world.

Which, to them, it was.
Lt Gen Nick Pope to a tee!

Last edited:
I can only assume she’s a 3 hole legend with SKY senior management.

she destroyed the afternoon show ratings, so gets moved to the morning prime slot where’s she’s doing the same.
her interview style seems to be ‘you’re rubbish you are, aren't you?’
Something like that. I suspect when Riley, the current boss moves on, she'll slip off to Loose Women or it's equivalent

The very last time I worked for Sky it was with Burley. I'd managed to avoid the experience but I found myself without a camera on the day of the Westminster attack as I had been working in the Millbank studio.

It was chaos, so I volunteered to be the Witch's 'minder'/mic holder as she charged around Westminster asking people random cobblers. At one point she complained about the fact I wasn't holding the mic near enough to her as she rummaged in her handbag for more polyfilla and was bloody rude.

I'd watched her be obnoxious to colleagues earlier and told her that I wasn't accustomed to being spoken to in that way... to which she replied 'do you you want the work or not...'

I've worked for the BBC ever since that day.
ah, so you remember her screeching and screaming hysterically at the camera crew not to film the ‘Terrified children‘, being led out by the Police, the children who were waving like mad and smiling at the camera!

Add Sophie Ridge to the mediamong list

Matt Hancock interview

people must stay at home and only go out for essential reasons Like essential shopping or to exercise once a day

are you saying sunbathing is against the law?

It seems the f’ing airhead can’t understand that going to the beach and bronzing isn’t ‘exercise’.

Getting annoyed by the call for exit strategy, when we're barely into the start.

And then they complain about mixed messages … from the government !

The message needs to remain focussed on staying indoors.

Sunday Times claiming Abu Dhabi is charging the NHS £2-3m per month for use of the ExCeL facility as a Nightingale hospital...

The owners of the ExCeL centre in east London are charging the NHS millions of pounds in rent to use it as a temporary hospital for coronavirus patients. The ExCeL, owned by the Abu Dhabi National Exhibitions Company (Adnec), is charging the health service £2m-£3m a month, according to industry sources...
...except it isn't:

The chief executive of ExCeL London, Jeremy Rees has confirmed that the NHS is using the exhibition and conference venue rent free. The Sunday Times reported, 5 April, that the venue’s owners, Abu Dhabi National Exhibition Company (ADNEC) were charging the NHS £2-3m per month for use of the facility...

BBC again...

Two phone masts have been set on fire, one in Birmingham and one in Liverpool. Yesterday the BBC reported it as two.

Today, clearly two is nowhere near dramatic enough for the BBC so let's say:

The BBC said:
Oliver Dowden plans to hold virtual meetings with representatives from several tech firms next week to discuss the matter.

It follows a number of 5G masts apparently being set on fire.

Getting annoyed by the call for exit strategy, when we're barely into the start.

And then they complain about mixed messages … from the government !

The message needs to remain focussed on staying indoors.
Oh Tarquil! This lockdown is so beastly, one will miss ones summer surjorn in the Maldives.

WTF happened there ?

For several minutes BBC1 and Sky listening to Gov Cuomo in NY, then join no. 10 as the questions start - was there no intro and statement from Hancock, or have we been done another disservice by our broadcasters in their role of holding the government to account ?

Cnuts !

WTF happened there ?

For several minutes BBC1 and Sky listening to Gov Cuomo in NY, then join no. 10 as the questions start - was there no intro and statement from Hancock, or have we been done another disservice by our broadcasters in their role of holding the government to account ?

Cnuts !
I was thinking the same thing! What did we miss!?

Totally naff fishing expedition by the Jocanese 'journalist' at the end there.

Sky studio chap apologising for technical issue at the start, they may replay the tape with the charts.

BBC News trying to offer a "technical problem" as the reason for missing the first part of the briefing. More like some incompetent took their eye off the ball and fecked up. Not good enough and at a time like this, grounds for instant dismissal.

It was probably something positive... The MSM doesn’t do positive as it simply hinders the flow of doom and gloom and government bad, Johnson bad and Trump very very bad reporting.
It's simply their insistence on showing things live, which means one of three things happens; we spend ages looking at an empty podium waiting for whoever to turn up; we miss the start of something we wanted to see; we cut from something interesting. Actually, that's not quite the actualité, as sometimes we spend ages looking at an empty podium, cut away to something interesting, then cut back after the main event has started but before the interlude has finished. For the life of me, I don't know why they don't simply spool it, so that they can cut to the start of things in near-real time and without any of the pissing about.

BBC News trying to offer a "technical problem" as the reason for missing the first part of the briefing. More like some incompetent took their eye off the ball and fecked up. Not good enough and at a time like this, grounds for instant dismissal.
The techy person that should have pressed the button at the appropriate time was probably at his/her holiday home, which is probably miles away.

Helm

MIA
Book Reviewer
BBC again...

Two phone masts have been set on fire, one in Birmingham and one in Liverpool. Yesterday the BBC reported it as two.

Today, clearly two is nowhere near dramatic enough for the BBC so let's say:
Not to mention the one in B'ham hasn't been confirmed as deliberate yet.

Latest Threads