The media and Covid-19: making a bad situation worse

TamH70

MIA
Not all the comments are that supportive of our Carole.....

This I particularly liked:

"Hello, I'd really like you to betray the trust and confidence placed in you by your nation, and reveal sensitive protected information to suit my nakedly partisan agenda that will help me stay in paid employment, while you put your own at risk. Thanks"
One of the replies to that despicable swine's tweets is a link to the "grass those nasty people up!" page for MI5.

I'm sure the cleverer people than me here on ARRSE would have something worthwhile from that tweet to tell them.

*"The peer review of this paper finds that the author is a bellend, his mum sucks off dogs and his sister fucks for chips" is unlikely to make it into any academic journal.
...and is that a problem with the peer review, or with the journal?

A few more of these articles by people higher up the food chain and maybe they'll start putting science correspondents on the 5pm brief

Actually, Laura K was replaced by someibe last night? Maybe it's starting?

A few more of these articles by people higher up the food chain and maybe they'll start putting science correspondents on the 5pm brief

Actually, Laura K was replaced by someibe last night? Maybe it's starting?
Is it too much to hope that Peston is shunted off for him to permanently vanish into the wilderness?

Kay f’in Burley and her incessant plastic surgery.
i change channel as soon as the screeching harridan comes on.
A dreadful woman indeed.

She was a studio guest on Five Live this morning, where the sycophantic presenters were creeping up to her and treating her like some sort of Journalist Royalty. She had the gall to say one of the problems the Media has is dealing with Politicians “giant egos “. I switched off shortly afterwards.

She was a studio guest on Five Live this morning, where the sycophantic presenters were creeping up to her and treating her like some sort of Journalist Royalty. She had the gall to say one of the problems the Media has is dealing with Politicians “giant egos “. I switched off shortly afterwards.
I can only assume she’s a 3 hole legend with SKY senior management.

she destroyed the afternoon show ratings, so gets moved to the morning prime slot where’s she’s doing the same.
her interview style seems to be ‘you’re rubbish you are, aren't you?’

she destroyed the afternoon show ratings, so gets moved to the morning prime slot where’s she’s doing the same.
Comes to something when even Sky management consider her toxic where ratings are concerned.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed she gets the virus...

Sky news should stick with these two...sensible, sense of humour and without the hugely overinflated ego of the Burley woman.

She makes my teeth itch. Just a few days ago she was across the road from No 1O shouting at anybody who approached the door. I forget what the question was now but she was becoming increasingly belligerent as everyone simply ignored her.
I thought she was going to cry. Awful woman.

Probably already mentioned. It amazes me that the media are hell bent on focusing on the critically ill, very rarely any mention that approx 90% of the afflicted will only present mild symptoms. Fill the silver screen with despair and panic and the sheep will follow in tandem.

Offa

War Hero
I'm keeping my fingers crossed she gets the virus...

Sky news should stick with these two...sensible, sense of humour and without the hugely overinflated ego of the Burley woman.
Two is one too many. One could do not the hardest job in the world.

Niamac

GCM
Wonder what John Humphries is doing..... A recall to the Colours perhaps?

Not so much MSM to blame for this as social media, but I never fail to be surprised at the levels of stupidity currently in the UK.

Once upon a time Huw Pike and I were looking down from some bitof an american LSV while a brit mexeflote coxed by a lowly full screw battled the considerable swell to try and hook up to the ramp. Time after time he tried eventually cracking it by the skin of his teeth.

Just look at that, said Pike. Two of us up here, looking down filled with rank and importance and yet the success or failure of this venture is in the hands of a corporal and there is not a single thing you or I can do about it.

A little later I congratulated the mexe cox on his tenacity.

Yea he said. I saw you two up there. Under normal circumstances I would have sacked it but I was fcucked if I was going to give up with you two watching.....
He would have appreciated that. I've seen quite a bit of Pike snr - although now it's normally at funerals unfortunately. The last time was at my other half's remembrance bash.

On a brighter note, a well known anti social smackheed got 18 weeks clink up here in the north. Got into an argument with security at Cramlington Asda, claimed to have the plague and spat on the floor in the direction of staff, polis called, swiftly locked up, put before the magistrates and given 18 weeks.

Result.

The very last time I worked for Sky it was with Burley. I'd managed to avoid the experience but I found myself without a camera on the day of the Westminster attack as I had been working in the Millbank studio.

It was chaos, so I volunteered to be the Witch's 'minder'/mic holder as she charged around Westminster asking people random cobblers. At one point she complained about the fact I wasn't holding the mic near enough to her as she rummaged in her handbag for more polyfilla and was bloody rude.

I'd watched her be obnoxious to colleagues earlier and told her that I wasn't accustomed to being spoken to in that way... to which she replied 'do you you want the work or not...'

I've worked for the BBC ever since that day.