The media and Covid-19: making a bad situation worse

Niamac

GCM
The media need to take a good hard look at themselves- but they wont... they're a self licking lollipop.
Probably true but remember two of the last three Prime Ministers have been products of the media. David Cameron was a career PR man and Johnson was a journalist and not a very responsible one.

The apocalypse currently being reported in Italy has been put on pause for the time being as they had their lowest death rate recorded for a week yesterday. That must be very disappointing for the media.

The apocalypse currently being reported in Italy has been put on pause for the time being as they had their lowest death rate recorded for a week yesterday. That must be very disappointing for the media.
Yes but look at it from the media's viewpoint - with any luck it will go up again tomorrow. The lowlife scum that they are.

Truxx

LE
Probably true but remember two of the last three Prime Ministers have been products of the media. David Cameron was a career PR man and Johnson was a journalist and not a very responsible one.
I would argue that Blaire was exactly in the same mould.

Oops

Old-Salt
Gawd, your indeed correct.
I'd feel much more reassured with St.T or Heaven forbid Tone in charge!!
(No I haven't forgotten GB.. I'm just trying to)

Is it coincidental that
'Everythings turning to sh*t'.
has grown since Boris has taken ill ?

Truxx

LE
The point is that a lot of journalist do not understand that production will ramp up, now that the design has been finalised. Assembly and testing will speed up as processes are learnt and possibly more component suppliers brought in.

There is a good reason for the initial batch being small. It would be the same if they were making cakes.

Perhaps it is a reflection of changing times that the media have less understanding of technological and practical things.
Put bluntly the media (collectively) have no interest in understanding anything. Their interest is in making money and any motive beyond that (see BBC for details) is one of subscribing to the notion of "the 4th estate".

Truxx

LE
Gawd, your indeed correct.
I'd feel much more reassured with St.T or Heaven forbid Tone in charge!!
(No I haven't forgotten GB.. I'm just trying to)

Is it coincidental that
'Everythings turning to sh*t'.
has grown since Boris has taken ill ?
Try not to confuse the real world (which is not turning to shit) with the media take ( it is all turning to shit)

Truxx

LE
I may be being a bit thick here but I can't see why any government can tie up millions in holding enough kit to deal with a major virus outbreak that may not happen. To me it's the same as expecting millions to be tied up in snow clearing equipment when we only have the occasional bad winter.
We did tie up millions.

There is a (DHL till recently) warehouse in Wolverhampton with a million body bags in it.

The point is that a lot of journalist do not understand that production will ramp up, now that the design has been finalised. Assembly and testing will speed up as processes are learnt and possibly more component suppliers brought in.

There is a good reason for the initial batch being small. It would be the same if they were making cakes.

Perhaps it is a reflection of changing times that the media have less understanding of technological and practical things.

In the words of Gregg Dyke.

"The last person you should listen to is a journalist. These are people who've never had a real job, but consider themselves expertly qualified to criticise the actions of people who have"

Seadog

ADC
There’s the problem, right there. Most of the masses genuinely believe the Twittersphere is where you go to get the News, when in reality it is crammed with idiots thinking their opinions are valid and desperately trying to up their ‘share’ or ‘like’ count.
9208A204-54B5-4301-A29E-7B345026950F.png

skid2

LE
Book Reviewer
We will know at 1400hrs rhks afternoon......if the Crown is open on Great Victoria St......after all, its Friday!
The Crown (along with Spoons) was one of the last bars to close as a result of Covid-19. Since the Nicholson’s takeover, a tourist hole with one of the most expensive pints of Guinness in the city.
Even the Europa’s cheaper with a better pint.

Allegedly some bright spark in Stormont has decreed that Off licences are not an essential service.
This has not gone down well.

Last edited:

Seadog

ADC
The scribbling, dribbling half wits
(journalists) have been heard/read referring to themselves as ‘Her Majesty’s Press Corps’.

Deluded, dense, conceited numpties.

Oops

Old-Salt
Try not to confuse the real world (which is not turning to shit) with the media take ( it is all turning to shit)
I was trying to introduce the idea that maybe the Meedya do indeed Luv Boris
( even if they honestly think they don't)
Ergo
He can 'disarm' or maybe 'deflect'?? the inane shite they chuck at him in a manner quite different from any other political leader we've had since most that Slimey Lawyer got to the top in '97.

Meanwhile in the Real World...

Our Wonderful NHS Heroes.......

My Missus who's qualification, an ex Prison Officer....
Not a Nurse, but who's been looking after 'unstable' poor old dears in a brand new Hossy...
It's been cleared out into a very dignified End of Life unit, for Elderly Corvid folks.
There's a high turnover, a few of the 'less robust ' nurses are havin a cough and a fortnight at home ( on their second trip round now)...
Head Shed came round 'Rallying the Troops' etc. yesterday....
Pulled her boss up...
My Missus was wearing blue gloves in her ppe instead of clear ( her hands won't fit the clear ones)......
He wasn't a Happy Bunny!

The poor dears aren't ever gonna wake up again, ppe is stripped and bagged incinerated upon leaving the unit....

It's almost as if there's a Middle class mentality of management mediocrity, pervading through the 'educated' levels of Society...
I wonder where that comes from?

Grownup_Rafbrat

LE
Book Reviewer
the argument is that Organization like the NHS should not be reliant on offshored supplies.
the costs of all this make requiring all vendors to be UK based with UK manufacturing capacity is now a no brainer.
Another big argument for leaving the EU.

TamH70

MIA
I was trying to introduce the idea that maybe the Meedya do indeed Luv Boris
( even if they honestly think they don't)
Ergo
He can 'disarm' or maybe 'deflect'?? the inane shite they chuck at him in a manner quite different from any other political leader we've had since most that Slimey Lawyer got to the top in '97.

Meanwhile in the Real World...

Our Wonderful NHS Heroes.......

My Missus who's qualification, an ex Prison Officer....
Not a Nurse, but who's been looking after 'unstable' poor old dears in a brand new Hossy...
It's been cleared out into a very dignified End of Life unit, for Elderly Corvid folks.
There's a high turnover, a few of the 'less robust ' nurses are havin a cough and a fortnight at home ( on their second trip round now)...
Head Shed came round 'Rallying the Troops' etc. yesterday....
Pulled her boss up...
My Missus was wearing blue gloves in her ppe instead of clear ( her hands won't fit the clear ones)......
He wasn't a Happy Bunny!

The poor dears aren't ever gonna wake up again, ppe is stripped and bagged incinerated upon leaving the unit....

It's almost as if there's a Middle class mentality of management mediocrity, pervading through the 'educated' levels of Society...
I wonder where that comes from?
Common Purpose?

The Crown (along with Spoons) was one of the last bars to close as a result of Covid-19. Since the Nicholson’s takeover, a tourist hole with one of the most expensive pints of Guinness in the city.
Even the Europa’s cheaper with a better pint.

Allegedly some bright spark in Stormont has decreed that Off licences are not an essential service.
This has not gone down well.
Oh dear..........my daughter will be most fcuking stressed out. :) That said I can't believe that the Belfast Irish won't find a way of acquiring booze...................they could probably transfuse enough out of the bloodstream of the local population - two pints of Corinnus landlord.

Latest Threads