The media and Covid-19: making a bad situation worse

Christ on a bike... The BBC is non stop noise for the sake of non stop noise...

BBC Noise Scheduled for PM today:
1300 Noise at One (60 mins of Noise)
1400 Noise at Two
1500 Noise at Three
1600 Noise at Four
1700 Noise at Five
1800 Noise at Six
1900 Noise at Seven
2000 Question Time Hosted by a Moron for Morons
2100 Noise at Nine (a chance to see Noise at Seven again)
2200 Noise at Ten (for those who missed Noise at Nine)
2300 Noise at Eleven (A Summary of Todays Noise)
2359 Noise Headlines
0001 Rinse and Repeat (Start the day with BBC Noise)

1400 Noise at Two
1500 Noise at Three
1600 Noise at Four
1700 Noise at Five
1800 Noise at Six
1900 Noise at Seven
2359 Noise Headlines
You have missed the rolling “No New Noise Special” They are being broadcast on the half hour.

I believe Question Noise is now at 20:05, I'm guessing it's to allow for 5 minutes monster crapping.

Good old compo !

Jesus, the Beeb just can't stop themselves pushing the agenda, can they:

'I'm stuck in isolation with my homophobic parents'
With the UK on coronavirus lockdown, some young people have been forced to isolate alongside parents who don't accept their sexuality.
After the coronavirus outbreak suddenly ended a UK tour he was performing in, Sam, 23, a dancer, from Birmingham, says he had "no choice" but to move back to his "strict" Christian family home.
"I saw the career I love disappear overnight, and now I'm stuck in isolation with homophobes."
Even though Sam chose to return home, he says he is "struggling" because he can't be himself.
"My mum says that homosexuality is an evil disease and that the devil is making me gay. She loudly prays every day that I'll be delivered from sin and find a wife.
"I genuinely have nowhere else to go during this mad time, so I'm just putting up with the abuse."Click here for more from our LGBT correspondent Ben Hunte on people living in lockdown with homophobic parents.

Sam, 23, a dancer, from Birmingham,
"My mum says that homosexuality is an evil disease and that the devil is making me gay. She loudly prays every day that I'll be delivered from sin and find a wife.
@scarbrough is Sam's mum?
Who knew?

'I'm stuck in isolation with my homophobic parents'
With the UK on coronavirus lockdown, some young people have been forced to isolate alongside parents who don't accept their sexuality.
After the coronavirus outbreak suddenly ended a UK tour he was performing in, Sam, 23, a dancer, from Birmingham, says he had "no choice" but to move back to his "strict" Christian family home.
"I saw the career I love disappear overnight, and now I'm stuck in isolation with homophobes."
Even though Sam chose to return home, he says he is "struggling" because he can't be himself.
"I genuinely have nowhere else to go during this mad time, so I'm just putting up with the abuse."Click here for more from our LGBT correspondent Ben Hunte on people living in lockdown with homophobic parents.
Sam's clearly a Legz Akimbo walt.

A different hashtag might sound less dodgy.
The #PrayTheGayAway tag was used for another of my campaigns.

I wanted to use #MeToo for those who wanted to come forward with their stories about being cured of their homosexual perversions, but that also got taken.

Might use #SuppressTheGay.
Or #BeCured.

#StandProud

1400 Noise at Two
1500 Noise at Three
1600 Noise at Four
1700 Noise at Five
1800 Noise at Six
1900 Noise at Seven
2359 Noise Headlines
It's not that bad. On BBC Radio 4, there is Scraping the Barrel, with Arthur Snory, in which he quietly talks at length with a self-obsessed author nobody's heard of about some autobiography.

It provides no end of fun on my drives back from the hospital.

Beth 'The Joker' Rigby has certainly become SKY News' voice of doom.

Couldn't the creep report from the studio rather than grandly progressing to outside No 10 to be filmed outside a door listening to her own voice?

Last edited:

wheel

LE
So many Virus threads, this seems best as it is related to interpretation and so just posting this not for comments but for information:

Wiltshire Police and Gwent Police are having little road check points questioning motorists.

Melksham today, two women in one car. One going to get a prescription, one going to get shopping for elderly mother.
Two in a car?
Police - Two in a car? Go home and only come out with one in the car!
....prescription, shopping....
Police - Go home and only come out with one in the car or I'll book you.

One in a car?
Police - Where you going
...Going to work?
Police - Are you a "key worker" ?
...well, I have a job to go to.
Police - but you're not medical. Go home
...but I am going to an isolated site, no people.
Police - Go home.
...But the government said you can go to work if you can't do it at home.
Police - That only applies to "key " workers. Go home or I'll book you.

One in a car?
Police - Where you going
...Going to work?
Police - Are you a "key worker" ?
...well, I have a job to go to.
Police - but you're not medical. Go home
...but I am going to GKN, we've just started making ventilators....
Police - I'll check, if it''s not right, and you come past again I'll book you.

It seems the Government advice that you can travel to work or to get essentials is open to interpretation by the police as well as the media who seem to be all over the place doing very very essential reporting like wanna be war zone reporters
We have been issued key worker statements linked to our ID s to show if we are stopped. They have contact details on them for the police to check if required.

Seadog

ADC
Beth 'The Joker' Rigby has certainly become SKY News' voice of doom.

Rigby seems to think the triple whammy of BJ, Hancock and Professor Whitty contracting the virus is somehow careless at best negligent at worse. As if washing hands 20 times a day and social distancing were a panacea. It’s not as if they’ve been licking toilet bowls.

Rigby is as bad for morale as Kuenssberg . They are both really awful, effing awful.

Of all the medical experts and talking heads I’ve seen on the screens over the past few weeks, Professor Jason Leitch, National Clinical Director for Scotland has impressed me the most. Clear, clever, unambiguous and calm - seems a really good man.
61B821FF-1424-47F0-BEE2-1A09519849D7.jpeg

aardvark64

Old-Salt
Rigby seems to think the triple whammy of BJ, Hancock and Professor Whitty contracting the virus is somehow careless at best negligent at worse. As if washing hands 20 times a day and social distancing were a panacea. It’s not as if they’ve been licking toilet bowls.

Rigby is as bad for morale as Kuenssberg . They are both really awful, effing awful.
Beff has a really punchy way of asking questions when on the street,** and I'd hoped someone would tell her to keep her distance lest she infect someone with her spittle.

** "Fancy a good time, dearie ?"

Latest Threads