The media and Covid-19: making a bad situation worse

Slime

LE

Slime

LE
Boris’s ‘I have no choice’ comment made me laugh out loud......brilliant :)

And Sam Coates outdoes them both on boneness and manages to get a slap from the doc and the scientist.

Spaz Media Bod of the Year is going to be a tough competition in 2020.

Sam Coates got told how it is by the scientists.

Not only that, but both question and answers nailed the DC issue as political, rather rather than public health related.

What a tw@t, his colleagues won't be raising a glass to him tonight in their close proximity key worker bars. Vacuous turds that they are.

Slime

LE
The media questions section has become worth watching again..........Just to see the journos get swished away :)

Mrs Fox

Swinger
About time LK RP and SC were out in their place it's been long overdue .
As for Chris Whitty and Sir Patrick Vallance well done Sirs.

Helm

MIA
Book Reviewer
Oddly no BBC coverage of him or Campbell, pretty sure the others weren't mentioned either.

I read that and agree - I nodded all along until the end - there were some cracking impartial, smart and intelligent journalists - now, there aren't any that are the figureheads of the outlets they claim to represent.

The only one I have the slightest respect for on a major channel is Ian King on Sky - he happens to be on when I have lunch and he is an oasis of clarity in a sea of murky soup. He has real experts on and asks decent questions that give you a sense of the environment the expert works in.

Shame he's not where the focus lies.

Problem with Journalism today is that they don't expose and own the story anymore - when Joe Public publishes 'news' live on twitter, the established press are always playing catch up and the only way to score is to go for the jugular and get whoever to admit to being a peado sleeping with underage dolphins.

In the old days, four nationals could have four breaking news front pages that were different - it took time to work up the story and get the facts before printing - that ship has well and truly sailed.

As someone far smarter than I coined, 'we are now in the post-truth age'.
It has been a while since I have read a paper on a regular basis, or watched/listened to the news. The only two journalists who I would buy a paper to read their work again are Hugh Macilvenny, and David Walsh, specifically for his expose of Lance Armstrong. You could probably add Brough Scott in there as well. As for political journos, none, not even Lord Gnome any more.

Brotherton Lad

LE
Kit Reviewer
It has been a while since I have read a paper on a regular basis, or watched/listened to the news. The only two journalists who I would buy a paper to read their work again are Hugh Macilvenny, and David Walsh, specifically for his expose of Lance Armstrong. You could probably add Brough Scott in there as well. As for political journos, none, not even Lord Gnome any more.
I find these proud displays of wilful ignorance most illuminating.

Polyester

Old-Salt
I find these proud displays of wilful ignorance most illuminating.
Alternatively, you could argue, that the general public has been so thrashed with lies by the media to the point that it has learned to do only one thing now. And that is to turn its back.

It isn’t necessary to follow the traditional media platforms to be informed about current affairs.

Brotherton Lad

LE
Kit Reviewer
Alternatively, you could argue, that the general public has been so thrashed with lies by the media to the point that it has learned to do only one thing now. And that is to turn its back.

It isn’t necessary to follow the traditional media platforms to be informed about current affairs.
Ho, ho, ho!

Brotherton Lad

LE
Kit Reviewer

Do you live in a cave?

Helm

MIA
Book Reviewer
BL likes to be given his opinions you see, none of that fancy thinking malarky for him no siree

Polyester

Old-Salt
Ho, ho, ho!
What does that even mean? Have a look at my post (please excuse the poor grammar) and see what is unreasonable about it? I’m not looking to have a pointless dig at you but to say that someone is wilfully ignorant blithely ignores why. Tell me, did you bother to ask him why he felt he couldn’t look at the normal media to keep abreast?

Latest Threads