The media and Covid-19: making a bad situation worse

TAFKA

Old-Salt
I see no, repeat no news reported in the MSM about UK deaths from Covid-19 since the start of the Cummings affair.
I'm glad that Guido still thinks this is important though.
But they will always stress that weekend deaths are artificially low due to a lag in reporting them but never that Tuesday's figure is probably artificially high as the weekend's figures catch up.

Then you’d be committing a public order offences& potentially a hate crime...

And no he has not...However much you & your media chums would like it to be so.
I certainly wouldn't want him to have broken the rules. As an architect of the Stay at Home policy even a suggestion that he, of all people, could have done so would be disastrous for the ongoing strategy for the reduction of the R-number. (As many virologists have pointed out. Even ones that aren't anti-Boris lefties)

Unfortunately he made a wrong decision and a shit storm has blown up. No doubt the Boris fanboys will continue to blame the press for his **** up. Well I'm not defending the media reaction, I'm condemning him for being a tit. However it's happened and we have to move on.

no f in beer

Old-Salt
and tonights briefing was turned off when Kunnesberg managed to spit out her question, i would suggest thousands of 'off' buttons were hit at the same time

You're ranting again. Your comment is agreeing exactly with my point.
You're the one making up these "ghost rules" mate. You may not think you're ranting as such, but there's more than a touch of vein-throbbing wibble about your posts.

Feel free to disagree with the spirit of my post.

We now come to the CV briefing

Good questions from Joe Public.

Pause

LK - Cummings, apologies, transparency rather than current CV position

Pesto - Cummings rather than current CV position

Beff - Cummings, undermining message rather than current CV position

Lucy - Cummings, undermining, review decision rather than current CV posn

?? - Cummings, belief in, his detractors rather than current CV position

Express - Cummings, and hoorah - good questions on shops and economy

Sexist questioning, next to nothing to La Doyle - but then she's only a health expert at a health briefing

You're the one making up these "ghost rules" mate. You may not think you're ranting as such, but there's more than a touch of vein-throbbing wibble about your posts.

Feel free to disagree with the spirit of my post.
I don't suppose there's any point in asking for you to show me where I've made up rules? No, I thought not.
Let's leave it there then.

anglo

LE
Well done Dom, the Mrs would like to visit her mate up in the North East for a few weeks.
I wouldn't be surprised if she feels a bit ill on Monday, if she does, a trip up in will be OK, as she will be safeguarding me as I am a cancer patient. Two weeks isolation, then back home.
Them's the new rules !
If you can explain the rules like Cumming did, go for it

Well, there goes another perfectly good Guardian account. All I said was: "Why am I seeing so much naked hatred here? I though this was supposed to be a site for caring people."

Bang. Gone.

If, as it protests, the MSM bears no responsibility for the Cummings debacle, why is it concentrating on this distraction to the exclusion of all else? Aren’t there more pressing issues at the moment?
Like should there not be a bit more resilience in the national CoC?

no f in beer

Old-Salt
Another wasted day of inept questions for Boris (didnt watch it, caught the detail elsewhere). Outdoor markets, Car dealerships !, Non essential retail (with social distancing) all opening, more stuff on schools, chuffing good job i listen to the briefing and the first 2 questions from the public. These media guttersnipes could not get me important information if they tried really hard

and tonights briefing was turned off when Kunnesberg managed to spit out her question, i would suggest thousands of 'off' buttons were hit at the same time
Same here. As soon as LK opened her trap I knew that I wasn't going to hear any questions about how the next stage of lifting the lockdown is going to progress. The MSM are a complete waste of victuals.

Latest Threads