The media and Covid-19: making a bad situation worse

Seadog

ADC
A near neighbour has caught Cummings Derangement Syndrome. Earlier today at 2 metres distance, he was raging about the spawn of Satan breaking lockdown.

For the last 9 weeks, neighbour has been trying without success to get me to join him for a tinny in a local park or join him and his wife on a more adventurous 25 mile drive to a quiet coastal town, park up, drink some tinnies and his sober wife will drive us the 25 miles back. He didn’t like being reminded.

Last edited:
This could make the Barnard Castle visit allegation a little tricky
Good attempt at fitting the antique dealer up for it but the exceedingly reliable witness, Mr Robin (Memory Man) Lees, a retired chemistry teacher was quite clear with his eyewitness account...

Mr Lees (a.k.a Memory Man) said: “I was a bit gobsmacked to see him, because I know what he looks like. And the rest of the family seemed to match – a wife and child. I was pretty convinced it was him and it didn’t seem right because I assumed he would be in London.”

Strangely, the Guardian have seriously rewritten MR Lees words to make his story sound less ridiculous)

Press: where is dominic cummings? Why won't he answer our questions.
NO10: He'll be making a statement and taking questions at 4pm
Press: how very dare he, government advisers are not supposed to make public statements, it's a disgrace and he should resign.

Bunch of cnuts.

God bless Meggie....

Goatman

ADC
Book Reviewer
Edit
I have seen three MPs names in the media today:
Steve Baker, Caroline Nokes and Tim Loughton. Those were all pro Brexit.
Say what?

'Nookie' Nokes is my Constituency MP.....if she was at ANY time 'PRO BREXIT' then she disguised it very well.

Pro Brexit my hairy arris.

If she was pro-Brexit, UKIP would have saved the money they unwisely spent trying to crowbar her out of a safe Tory Parliamentary seat she inherited from her Dad.

A more supine, craven bit of prudent fence-sitting on the most divisive issue this country has endured for a generation, I have yet to find.....

Hmmmph...<rustles The Hampshire Chronicle (Est.1720) >....pass the port!

Last edited:
I've this idea for a new game where you place a picture of DC amongst massed crowds and see if you can spot him...

...I'll get me coat....

LK asks what people might think, whereas she is saying what she wants them to think.

Pesto starts with "so, let's be clear ...", and wants to know what contact DC had with parents, then gets info wrong.

Quality.

Beef begging, BEGGIN for him to apologise to somebody, or anybody, name everybody.

Closes with "I think I should end there"

Some other prat (Gary?) obviously wasn't listening, and having twisted events for days asks whether DC's behaviour will mean less compliance in future.

My missus just made a very good point. (It happens, not often but occasionally). Wasn’t so long ago we were, as a population, weeping and wailing about the press hounding someone to the point of suicide and how it must never be allowed to happen again.

Unless he’s someone you don’t like who works for the Tories......obviously.

I’ve crossed swords with Burley a number of times directly across her presenter’s desk, vv early in the morning and live.
Take several likes.
She's a ghastly old harridan and the reason I don't work at Sky anymore.
Where are my likes?

Grownup_Rafbrat

LE
Book Reviewer
LK asks what people might think, whereas she is saying what she wants them to think.

Pesto starts with "so, let's be clear ...", and wants to know what contact DC had with parents, then gets info wrong.

Quality.
Who was the arse with the klaxon while DC was talking ? Stop Brexit man?

Latest Threads